Letter from JB's Footwear Business Director...

You should hit up the quality control department. These two department should have a nice long meeting on what a good product looks and feels like.

I guess you can say they acknowlege some of their mistakes such as the lowering in quality within retros

eek.gif
Glad to see you posting again Johnny Kilroy...

Lol. Due to the amount of travel I do at my job it's hard for me to post on a regular, but I am always checking out this section on aneveryday basis.

Originally Posted by Johnny Kilroy

Ah, well I hope you guys can give them a call or what not. I'll probably do so myself if I get the time. I don't think they need to make huge changes to their current products aside from better quality leather, better shape, and overall durability. A few minor changes to set the retroes apart from the original isn't so bad, so for those that have been true to collecting Jordans since the days of the original Black/ Red AJ1 from 1984 maintain the value of their shoes. As for me, aside from better quality and as true to the OG as possible, don't you guys think it'd be great if say, for example, the Air Jordan 3 has Zoom Air in it?
I understand what you are saying but I have been collecting Jordan's since 85. I believe that any or most people that started with the OG's did not buy them to collect for value back then. It was all about having the coolest shoe around, it was about having a great basketball shoe, and last but not least, it was about being like Mike. I think many OG heads would agree with me when I say that retro's bring back the memories of when we started. I truly think that to the true collector it's all about the memories. I am not nieve, I know people are out there to make money off of a hot commodity. But for the comment that OG collectors would rather maintain the value of their originals than get an exact replica of the original could be assuming a little on the mind set of OG collectors. Personally, I think nothing can take away from the personal value of what the OG's mean to Original collector. I can remember when,where, and how I got my shoes back then and I think that goes for most. So I say to JB, give me what I remember, and grew up on. If you are going to retro the shoe, do it right and if you are really about the consumer make the retros readily available. I mean you can retro our favorite shoe all you want but if we can't get our hands on them, what is the point. That shows us, it is not about us, it's about you. I buy retros because I want to be able to WEAR the shoes I love and grew up with. I have OG's dating back to 85 and unfortunately they are not wearable anymore. I guess I just showed my age in this comment, and I am not knocking the original poster, it was really directed towards Jordan Brand and their direction so far. I really hope some OG owners feel me on this.
Yea I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think we're going to get Nike Air back anytime soon. However, one thing I'vealways wondered is, why is there a "Nike" and a swoosh on the soles of the ones, but we can't get "Nike Air" on the backs of the3s,4s,5s, and 6s ???

Yea I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think we're going to get Nike Air back anytime soon. However, one thing I've always wondered is, why is there a "Nike" and a swoosh on the soles of the ones, but we can't get "Nike Air" on the backs of the 3s,4s,5s, and 6s ???
It's all about supply and demand. They can basically double their revenue by selling the same shoe twice. They can release3's,4's,5's, and 6's with the jumpman on the back, make a profit off of those and then later on they will make a "limited" edition ofthe same shoe with Nike Air on the back. Which in turn they are selling the same shoe twice but making double the profit. Which brings me back to my originalpoint, it's never about us, it's always about them. Also, udntnoeme01 check your inbox.

^already did Johnny Kilroy, I PMed you the address already lol I can post it here if you didn't get it.

Originally Posted by gstbmn

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

Hey NT. New to posting at these boards, finally got an account. Straight to the point: I wrote to Jordan Brand's Footwear Director. After 2 months, I received a reply. Just thought you guys might be interested in what the corporate directors had to say.

My name is Astor Chambers and I work on the Jordan footwear business, I was given the letter you wrote to Mr. Knight and I wanted to follow up with you regarding it.

First, I want to thank you for ALL your support and loyalty over the last 10+ years. The brand is very appreciative for customers like you and view our success as a total reflection of your support and other customers alike.

As for the quality of the product, we take great pride in making some of the best performance products in the world and with that comes a very high standard of excellence to complement the amazing craftsmanship that goes into every shoe. Here at the Jordan Brand we have a significant amount of customers that look to procure our retro footwear product (AJ1 thru 23) and one of the prerequisites in bringing these models back is that we remain true to the original construction/look/material/color/etc. With that we sometimes find that we may not be using the most efficient approach given all that we've learned to date but we do remain true to what the consumer expects from us.

I would be more then happy to discuss this further if you would like so please do not hesitate to give me a call.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write your letter and bringing to our attention your concerns, with customers like you we will only get better.

Thank you!

Astor Chambers

Footwear Business Director

JORDAN BRAND, a division of NIKE, Inc.

Lies.

hahahaha- exactly. Jordan brand ain't even using cows for leather anymore. Cheapest company I've ever seen

Rather than us all call and rant, why not email him back the link to this very forum and tell him to spend 5 minutes readingpost after post of disgruntled JB customers. At this point it's less about specifics (poor retro builds, etc) and more about an overall feeling that thebrand is being run into the ground.....and then tell him to look on ISS....and then tell him to look on UTAforums....and then tell him to....

If I could say one thing to the JB brand manager....it would be....

"Quality inspired by the Greatest Player Ever" so why not build your product with integrity and good or bettermaterials than the originals? Don't you want today's younger consumer to understand what we all grew up with? That feeling has been lost and for quitesome time.....Cost cutting is painfully obvious.

Originally Posted by gstbmn

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

Hey NT. New to posting at these boards, finally got an account. Straight to the point: I wrote to Jordan Brand's Footwear Director. After 2 months, I received a reply. Just thought you guys might be interested in what the corporate directors had to say.

My name is Astor Chambers and I work on the Jordan footwear business, I was given the letter you wrote to Mr. Knight and I wanted to follow up with you regarding it.

First, I want to thank you for ALL your support and loyalty over the last 10+ years. The brand is very appreciative for customers like you and view our success as a total reflection of your support and other customers alike.

As for the quality of the product, we take great pride in making some of the best performance products in the world and with that comes a very high standard of excellence to complement the amazing craftsmanship that goes into every shoe. Here at the Jordan Brand we have a significant amount of customers that look to procure our retro footwear product (AJ1 thru 23) and one of the prerequisites in bringing these models back is that we remain true to the original construction/look/material/color/etc. With that we sometimes find that we may not be using the most efficient approach given all that we've learned to date but we do remain true to what the consumer expects from us.

I would be more then happy to discuss this further if you would like so please do not hesitate to give me a call.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write your letter and bringing to our attention your concerns, with customers like you we will only get better.

Thank you!

Astor Chambers

Footwear Business Director

JORDAN BRAND, a division of NIKE, Inc.

Lies.
roll.gif
roll.gif

All I want is better quality even if I have to pay a little more idc all I want Is better quality later this year the 12s are droping and retail will be 150and to be honest I bet materials will be absolutely horrible I would rather have the same quality as 99-00's retro and pay morevlike if the 12s were torelease and they were 175 instead of 150 I wouldn't care asking as quality and comfort were better

You guys just don't get it.

Nothing will change until you all stop supporting the brand. Fusions, fairy colored retros, and terrible cheap materials still sell really good sothey really have no reason to change.

Writing letters and emails really does nothing. If anything you guys are just wasting your time.

You can call & write emails until your blue in the face JB will continue to do the same s*#t

I just wanna call and express my disappointment to them about the True Blue 3 being an International exclusive

Back
Top Bottom