Li-Ning Thread

$250 question...is it worth it for my feet to look that good? haha. I actually debated on copping as I don't wear gold. I didn't mind flashy,I mean I got the kings crown/WTL/ tmac 3 all star,but I just never had a gold shoe. I thought it was more for display,I'm glad I copped. these will be rocked.Yeah exchange would be best try first. They got good customer service. May charge you for shipping. I mean you'll have to wait,but you got them before most of us,so you may get your 2nd pair in time with all of us. lol
My other question is why did these come shipped with tissue paper protecting them, INSTEAD of putting them inside of the nice dust bag. Makes no sense

My other question is why did these come shipped with tissue paper protecting them, INSTEAD of putting them inside of the nice dust bag. Makes no sense

Now that's odd bro. Any pics? I mean they came with the dust bag right? so you saying the shoes inside the dust bag were covered in tissue paper? Wierd.

Not sure if really happy with the quality of my goldrush. 

To me the 2.5s are no where near the quality of the 2s. I am sorry for stepping on toes but as I sit here with the 2.5 GOLDRUSH ($250) shoe, I will say it is NOT at the level of ANY of my 2s. Its soft leather because its thinner leather. The gold is shinny but I don't know how they are going to stand up to accidental scuffs.

And I can already see where they are going to crease in addition to my midsole already having creasing like someone was jumping up and down in them.

Pretty sure this may be the first Wade that hits the return and its sad. Not sure if these really live up to the price tag. 

Scuffed on the front....

I've been saying it for awhile. It's definitely been down hill as production seemed to have ramped up

Now that's odd bro. Any pics? I mean they came with the dust bag right? so you saying the shoes inside the dust bag were covered in tissue paper? Wierd.
Packaging comes like this.... They are actually on TOP of the dust bag and paper wrapped. I dunno if that is because of the gold maybe being rubbed by the bag or what. No idea but all of mine have came in bag.

Dust bag....under the shoes.

I've been saying it for awhile. It's definitely been down hill as production seemed to have ramped up
Yep....you have. I think with the levels of demand increasing, I believe they are unable to keep up to the quality standard. So I hope they slow it down and go back to the 1 shoe per month or every few months. I dont mind waiting for quality.

BUT they are sending me out a new pair right now and sent me a return shipping label at no cost to me, so i will at least give the 2nd pair a chance.

Packaging comes like this.... They are actually on TOP of the dust bag and paper wrapped. I dunno if that is because of the gold maybe being rubbed by the bag or what. No idea but all of mine have came in bag.

Just got my black/gold lows in. They were packaged just like this as well. Pics later.

Maybe because of the gold foil. IDK. That's odd. If it is due to the gold foil,may that means it's really fragile. Glad they helped you out tho. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Really hoping it comes out well. I just dont wanna see any damage on the gold upper,as far as the MIDSOLE,it's kinda been a hit or missed. And yeah as happy as I am these are more available,if quality is bieng sacrificed then that maybe a bad thing.

bds120 bds120

you're right, my gold is already worn from shipping. Kills me because everything else on point. dc30 dc30 any way we can apply something to lock the color in?

Last edited:
miamibro miamibro I would need a pair in hand for a definitive answer. Need to recover some family vacation funds first. That being said...most likely a clear coat can be applied for some protection. If it's susceptible to scratches/scuffing easily then that should help. If it's something more like flaking (which I highly doubt) then it won't do much as it has more to do with the adhesion to the base leather.

Definitely just like paint scraping and the peaks of the diamonds. I think I am going to get some Angelus Clear Finisher and put it on the inside of the shoe in a small spot to see how it works. If it comes out good, I might cover the entire shoe so I have that Trojan Brand protection.

Mine shipped today. Finally showed up in that stupid app. Will be here Tuesday. Hoping I got the 9.5 and not the original 10

bds120 bds120 Yes please keep us updated. I have tons of Angelus...just no kicks lol. Do a light coat first (after your test) and let it dry till the next day. Add another light coat after it dries. You should be good after that.

After most of us ordered from WOW with the SEP15 code with free shipping no longer works lol. 10134 still works though for 15%.

bluntobject50 bluntobject50 how do the lows fit?

Last edited:
After most of us ordered from WOW with the SEP15 code with free shipping no longer works lol. 10134 still works though for 15%.

bluntobject50 bluntobject50 how do the lows fit?
Customer service still granted me the code just now (worth a try if you still want 15% + free shipping) and depending on who you talk to they are pretty understanding and helpful with it. AKA Goldrushes are on the way soon!

dc30 dc30
totally new to sneaker paint. would you recommend normal or matte angelus acrylic finisher?
I have both. Since the GR finish is very shiny you won't really be able to tell the difference, so honestly either would work. I would say go with the regular gloss finish. Maintain some "pop"

My page monitor went off on the WOW site and this was the changes that was made but it's not adjusted/discounted yet as you can see. I hope it does happen and does so soon. Probably grab Red Lavas and black lows.

I was constantly getting those same monitor alerts weeks ago and it never happened

Just got my Red Lavas in the mail... The shoes are clean, but I've got the same scuffs as @bds120  on the toe box.. I'm conflicted, I guess I'll give customer service a call since these don't meet the WOW quality standard I've come to expect. I'm sad because these shoes are so amazing.

Back
Top Bottom