Li-Ning Thread

^^^ Why would they use canvas? I understand for the Christmas Ugly Sweater look, but one of the reasons I fell in love with the WOW brand is the shoes amazing quality. Wouldn't leather be 100 times more durable, one wrong move on the court and I could rip through canvas. Thats why I stopped wearing Crazy Lights when I play, they were light but I put my foot completely through the front of my last pair.

I've already heard some bad review of the 3s comfort please don't tell me they are getting rid of the quality materials as well 
frown.gif

I don't think those alternate material models would be considered balling shoes, but I might be wrong

Last edited:
Anything concrete on a Dexter rd yet? I thought that was supposed to be the first color released. Almost caved and bought the Overtowns on the SS sale at least 3 times, but decided I'm holding out for the Dexters haha.

Peace,
J

You might be holding for a long time. Last I heard, those weren't releasing. At least that's what I remember hearing.

^^^ Why would they use canvas? I understand for the Christmas Ugly Sweater look, but one of the reasons I fell in love with the WOW brand is the shoes amazing quality. Wouldn't leather be 100 times more durable, one wrong move on the court and I could rip through canvas. Thats why I stopped wearing Crazy Lights when I play, they were light but I put my foot completely through the front of my last pair.

I've already heard some bad review of the 3s comfort please don't tell me they are getting rid of the quality materials as well :frown:  

It's not canvas. As I stated just after his question they look to be a very tight weave nylon, just like the upper of the AJXI. Which obviously as we know, does not rip on the court. That type of cordura nylon is or at least was used on ALL my ice hockey goalie pads I've ever played in, so trust me. It's PLENTY durable.

I don't think those alternate material models would be considered balling shoes, but I might be wrong

Wade played in both the Lei Feng Screws last year and the Jungle Camo's, which were both made of the same nylon weave type materials. Ask anyone who has either pair (even though the Camo was a sample) and they'll tell you they can withstand the rigors of ball.

I gotta agree with @Dc30. I have the Jungle Camo 2 and the materials used are on point. If more pairs had been released I would have doubled up on them for sure!

bubblygummy118 bubblygummy118 I don't have the Gold Rush 2.5s but I do own a pair of Gold Rush 1.5s and Fountain blue Encore 2.5s, and play in both. If the GR2.5s are like the 1.5s the gold paint comes off really quickly. The encores 2.5s arnt bad to play in, they have great cushion but are heavier than the 1.5s. I've also noticed the ankle support on the 2.5s isn't as great and the sides of my lower legs got sore when I first started playing in them. The Encore 1.5s are by far my favorite shoes to play in. That being said the Encore 2.5s are also a decent on court shoe, so I'd say go for it but expect them to get marked up somewhat quickly.

808 releasing Jan.1st.  I got a pair but in dont have them in hand, will get some pics for yall.  

Last edited:
Thank you so much @flash3 . I heard the quality on the 2.5 gold rushes were executed poorly. But i just love the way they look regardless. Hoping to hear more feedbacks from other fellows. Cheers!

First WoW purchase. Just, WOW!
Yep... Welcome. 

Going to make it hard for jordan and such from now on. No crazy waiting in line, no getting shot, no dealing with issues when you go out in them because 1/2 of hood ninjas are not even going to know what they are. And at the end of the day, great price and quality second to none.

welcome to the club.
Thanks fam 
nthat.gif

Yep... Welcome. 

Going to make it hard for jordan and such from now on. No crazy waiting in line, no getting shot, no dealing with issues when you go out in them because 1/2 of hood ninjas are not even going to know what they are. And at the end of the day, great price and quality second to none.
Thought the same thing. Prior to getting these i was about to look into the remastered collection, these are so much better. The material is outstanding, got it for a steal of a price, quick shipping. Jordan is really losing right now.

Back
Top Bottom