Li-Ning Thread

I'm trying to like either All Star this year, since they are actually available a couple places right now, but I just don't know. Both kinda remind me of childrens dinosaur cartoons with the colors and patterns. Which isn't terrible in a way - ya know, T-Rex Orange and Velociraptor yellow (you get it) but that limits wearability for me. Think it's the same with this years (last years) Christmas shoe - just can't see wearing it regularly.

Eh. Might just pull the trigger on the 305 and Jungle instead of an All Star.

I'm trying to like either All Star this year, since they are actually available a couple places right now, but I just don't know. Both kinda remind me of childrens dinosaur cartoons with the colors and patterns. Which isn't terrible in a way - ya know, T-Rex Orange and Velociraptor yellow (you get it) but that limits wearability for me. Think it's the same with this years (last years) Christmas shoe - just can't see wearing it regularly.

Eh. Might just pull the trigger on the 305 and Jungle instead of an All Star.
I would say that is a good choice. My wife was like...hmmm they look like dinosaur eggs. So I grabbed the YOTS instead. 

bds120 bds120 I want to on those tns lows but I just can't pull it. If I could sell these black consortium tubular's I'd consider it, but the wife came 1st this month. Plus I already got my gift cards for the chi X's with the 45 that are a need rather than a want haha

I wanted to like the All Stars this year as well. And I am 50/50 on them. I LOVED the pink All Star last year and copped no hesitation. But something about this years just didn't hit me the same way, even though I llike the idea and just the overall different direction of them. They are still up at SS in my size so I'm debating...and then I saw this pic on IG from someone from The Edition Boutique in Miami and i was like wow...they look pretty good here lol.

I wanted to like the All Stars this year as well. And I am 50/50 on them. I LOVED the pink All Star last year and copped no hesitation. But something about this years just didn't hit me the same way, even though I llike the idea and just the overall different direction of them. They are still up at SS in my size so I'm debating...and then I saw this pic on IG from someone from The Edition Boutique in Miami and i was like wow...they look pretty good here lol.
Yeah, I saw that too and it's what got me considering it, but then I was like, "umm, just wait a bit." Dunno, they are "fun" but not sure i need them in the collection.

andersonjames andersonjames
Yes well put..."fun" but not a must have in the collection...even though I might cop lol.

SS WILL have the YOTS and 808's soon. Mostly likely in a week or so. I am still waiting on a Code Red release as well.

Got my Daz Fuegos in. Very nice. Like the bumpy tongue. Gonna have to get the Jungles to complete the set.

Also got my YOTH and Snow Leopards in.

Unfortunately the YOTH are the wrong size, after clearly stating in the note to seller that I wanted the size 11, I got a 10.5. Problem is they came from AUS, so I think I am stuck with them - took three weeks to get here, just don't think I feel like dealing with this dude for 6 weeks roundtrip for the right size. Will just sell I think and keep an eye out for an 11. Ugh.

And the Snow Leopards are nice too, but, despite me believing they are in fact DS, they look like they have been left out on display, not boxed, so a little discoloration on the midsole. Sole is super clean, and no creasing or anything, the person just doesn't keep DS shoes like I keep DS shoes. Will try to clean it up.

Never had any issues buying kicks on eBay before, and 2 pairs in one day not perfect.

Edit:

No way the 10.5 will work. Have to find an 11.

On a good note, the Snow Leopards look great on.

Last edited:
Damn. I dunno why you went out of state (given you in the US) to get them YOTH. A lot of folk are selling them. 

Damn. I dunno why you went out of state (given you in the US) to get them YOTH. A lot of folk are selling them. 
I couldn't find but 1 size 11 on eBay and that was $399, so, no way. I don't do FB - in any way, so FB shoe groups are out. So, this guy had the best price I could find even with shipping. Unfortunately, I think english is not his primary language, and I think he took me asking for clarification as me meaning I wanted the 10.5.

I couldn't find but 1 size 11 on eBay and that was $399, so, no way. I don't do FB - in any way, so FB shoe groups are out. So, this guy had the best price I could find even with shipping. Unfortunately, I think english is not his primary language, and I think he took me asking for clarification as me meaning I wanted the 10.5.
Ah man....the FB group is legit too. Thats sucks. Well hopefully you work something out. I don't think I have seen a pair sell for more that $150-$170 on the FB group.

Aside from Markk's products, what else should I use to clean the 2's?
Depends on which pairs, as many of the uppers are different materials. However the Jason Markk products are all fine, just need to choose your brush wisely. Leather and synthetics like All Stars, Birthday can handle the standard brush. Suede like Caution or YOTH need a very soft brush like a medium tooth brush or even a suede/nubuck kit with sponge. Midsoles can take anything. I also use regular Sof Sole water proofer on leather and JM Repel on suede.

Depends on which pairs, as many of the uppers are different materials. However the Jason Markk products are all fine, just need to choose your brush wisely. Leather and synthetics like All Stars, Birthday can handle the standard brush. Suede like Caution or YOTH need a very soft brush like a medium tooth brush or even a suede/nubuck kit with sponge. Midsoles can take anything. I also use regular Sof Sole water proofer on leather and JM Repel on suede.

Diablo, black/gold encore, warriors. Also the YOTS soon, hopefully. Mostly the leather ones. Any other prouct you'd suggest other than Markk? Looking at sof sole but it seems they leather cleaner is a lotion instead of a spray.

Last edited:
Diablo, black/gold encore, warriors. Also the YOTS soon, hopefully. Mostly the leather ones. Any other prouct you'd suggest other than Markk? Looking at sof sole but it seems they leather cleaner is a lotion instead of a spray.

Angelus makes a great All Purpose cleaner. Works just as well as JM but about half the price.

I swear DHL is the worst. They constantly come by my office in the afternoon and say that we're closed. I don't know if they're just too lazy to drop off the package or what. But this must be the 6th time that they "attempt delivery" and then update the tracking to say "premises closed- unable to deliver".

Back
Top Bottom