Li-Ning Thread

Hey I'm a size 12 and have just started collecting WOWs. I have the Warrior 2.0s and the Gold Rush Encores 1.5. The Warriors seem to be true to size but the Encores run tight. I was just wondering if someone knows how each model/generation fits because obviously the only way to really get these shoes is through the internet and I can't try them on until its too late.

Hey I bought a pair of WOW's from Sports Click. Has anyone used them because its been six days and my order hasn't even been filled….I'm getting worried it never will.

They're legit. Purchased Veterans Days and Caution 1s a while back and took about 6-7 days without any updates. They just arrived as I was getting worried.

I need an experts opinion I have the opportunity to buy a pair of Sting Wades AllStars for 120 (a steal) but they don't come with the box and they're 11.5 and I'm a 12. I don't want to pass up such a deal but I'm afraid they may be a little too tight, I don't care about being a little tight I just don't want them to be uncomfortable to play in. If anyone has gone through this already let me know. Much appreciated!

@Flash3    How good is a "deal" if your shoes don't fit right?

WOW models run from TTS - a half size small with the possible exception of the 2.5 encore for certain people.  If you go a half size down, particularly on a shoe with a synthetic upper that will very minimally stretch with wear, it will be too small for you.

If they were leather you could maybe get away with it, but IMO synthetic uppers do not "break in".

Cosign with Miamibro. No shoe is worth getting even for free if it's not gonna fit. And the 3M doesn't really stretch either.

Personally I'd cop them at that price, try them out, and if they don't work out, sell them to someone else at the same price and grace them with a great deal

I'm a true 12 and I purchased Warriors in an 11.5 & 12. Both fit fine for me. I would co-sign Skep and get them. Try them out and if they don't work then sell them off for a great price.

Last edited:
I'm a true 12 and I purchased Warriors in an 11.5 & 12. Both fit fine for me. I would co-sign Skep and get them. Try them out and if they don't work then sell them off for a great price.
warriors have a leather upper. though i appreciate the counterpoints @skep   @bluntobject50  .   i certainly agree that $130 is below market value enabling an easy resale. i'm only drawing from my experience owning two different wow 2 SE with synthetic uppers.  my first was a pair of screws sz 9 (TTS) that fit me tight.  my second pair was TNS 2 and I went w/ a 9.5 (half size up) and they fit perfect.  Meanwhile my leather upper wow 2 305 is a 9 (TTS) and fit me tight at first but now has broken in to be probably my most comfortable pair of shoes.  So I'm extrapolating from that experience.

I think if he buys them he should plan on almost certainly reselling but if you've had different experiences please do share.  Like @Flash3  it's not like most of us can walk into a store and check these models out ourselves before we buy so we might as well be thorough in our scientific inquiry (full disclosure: i replace stock insoles with ones with more arch support due to flat feet possibly affecting the overall fit of the shoe).

Why doesn't WoW just make at their mass produced products the same as the PE version. For instance the Encore 1.5 Overtowns player edition have a translucent camp sole and cool designs on the inside. Why not just make all the versions look like that instead they made them without the extra stuff.

Yes I know what PE stands for but when shoes are listed on EBay for example even though they went made for the "player" people say they are just too let you know they have the same design as the PE edition (or at least this is what I've seen). For example there are overtown 1.5 Encores listed right now as PE because they have the same design as the ones Wade played in but they are a 12 so they obviously were not made for D-Wade.

Also I tend to like the extra designs they add to the shoes exclusively for D-Wade I was just saying how I wish they would keep those designs on the shoes that are made for the masses.

flash3 flash3 Bro sometimes people put PE in the listing title just to get their item to show up in more searches. Has zero to do with the shoe itself.

flash3 flash3 I know the listing you are talking about though and those are the "Player Exclusive" editions, but to expand on PE's that doesn't mean they were ONLY made for Wade or LeBron or whoever in their respective sizes only.

PE's generally have a few sizes/pairs release to public either by way of samples or family/friends pairs or sometimes QS type drops. I don't think FSR's are usually made but I don't really know. But either way there are never that many pairs floating around. LeBron's line is NOTORIOUS for this.

All the being said people do just put stuff in the title for better search results. If I get rid of old LeBron's I usually stick Elite, Cork, etc in the title.

@Tbrights I liked your email, very well written. The response, not so much. I get it...but not even a "you know that might be something to look into".

Perhaps see if the FRG (Fanatics) in the US can provide any better answers? Couldn't hurt to try. @imlive365 did that job for your GF ever pan out? Would she have any idea who this could be directed to if any?
Thanks @Dc30  and @imlive365  -- appreciate the support. Just trying to give our guys the most first class opportunity we can, while being pioneers of running things. I'm currently in Toronto prepping for Raptors training camp (invited by Canada Basketball) and I was talking to the equipment manager about when they got their gun (rebounder with the net that shoots balls out like a passer) he said early 90's, and he claimed they were the first in Canada to have one… I then remember that our high school had one back the late 80's, straight from Michigan - I told him this and he told me, "Wow! who was the coach?" He just retired this year, but something to keep going. Trying to be first class all the time. -- Didn't mean to make it this long and off topic but thought it was a neat story! Thanks for the heads up, will talk to the Fanatics people. Enjoy the weekend gang!

Back
Top Bottom