LIGHT SKIN VS. DARK SKIN (Mods delete if inappropriate)

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

*Puts on flame suit*

Its always seemed to me that black folk raised in mostly white areas seem to take this whole light vs. dark skin thing more seriously. I mean those in mostly black communities talk about it to, but it just seems to be more in a joking fashion

Nothing personal aganist nobody, just from my own personal experience.

Yes, i'm black.
This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend a few years ago. She told me about her family, a suburban black family, and explained to mehow her family wanted to keep the family light-skinned. I was a bit shocked; it just seemed so stupid, I couldn't believe it. She later told me about herfamily getting upset when her brother decided to marry a dark-skinned woman. She told me that her brother and his wife now have kids (who are light-skinned),and are always visiting the rest of the family throughout the year, though.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Why is it that i hear jokes on how BLACK someone is.. but not how light skin someone is? please explain NT

I've heard it both ways but essentially in our society being black is taught to be ugly while white is right, we're programmed to believe this frominfancy.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Why is it that i hear jokes on how BLACK someone is.. but not how light skin someone is? please explain NT

I've heard it both ways but essentially in our society being black is taught to be ugly while white is right, we're programmed to believe this from infancy.
word to that scene in Jungle Fever

white N...N white....Black honkey....
roll.gif
smh.gif

When I used to live in Jamaica I would get clowned on for being not dark enough....

Then I came to NY and scooped all the honeys
pimp.gif

there are plenty of white boy jokes out there you know....

Back
Top Bottom