LIGHT SKIN VS. DARK SKIN (Mods delete if inappropriate)

Originally Posted by raptors29

I don't even know why this sis still an issue in the Black community. At the end of the day though, I'm just worried about myself.

Because we're fed this !%!!$*+@ from birth.

LOL this thread is always a guaranteed 10+ pages
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I've said this before and I'll say it again. From my perspective, Willy Lynch was, and continues to be, the black community's greatest villain.

What's interesting though, and I suppose somewhat comical as well, is the fact that from a purely tactical standpoint, you can't help but admire theguy's genius.

The guy simply planted "seeds" within the field that is "black consciousness", and wouldn't you know it, centuries later--my people arestill harvesting, in ignorance, the destruction that was sown by this man.

Who needs, and has time to physically enslave millions of people when, for less than a fraction of the cost, you can guarantee their mental enslavement (wellthe majority) for generations to come.

Willie Lynch--the Man of the year in Bizzaro World...

As far as women go I love all shades from light skinned to dark skinned it really doesn't matter to me.

But I have had women tell me that they perfer lighter skinned guys as opposed to darker guys but it doesn't matter to me as I still seem to reel in my fairshare of women while being considered "darker"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LOL wow apparently every light skinned black person in America has been hiding under a rock for years and have been waiting for an excuse/ reason to come out. Really? you really need a celebrity to validate your ability to get women?
laugh.gif
For every light-skin celeb there's a dark skinned one that is just as if not more successful. I don't see your point. And if Obama fails (who's half white bdw, but if you want him to be the light-skinned personal messiah do you), does every light-skinned person go down with him?
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
you taking this $$+# too seriously fam. it's alljokes as far as I'm concerned. I've bagged em white, light and dark so it's whatever to me really.

as far has Obama being half white, every light skinned got some white in them somewhere down the line. how you think we got this color?

but uhhh....yeah...we in now
pimp.gif

I'm light skinned ...it always seems that the black people who make us look ignorant or make us look bad as a whole, are the dark skinned guys. Yes you maysay that there are light skinned cats, doing the things i spoke of but really I believe the ratio of dark skinned dudes to light skinned dudes is tilted to oneside in the Black Community. So when BET (most time portraying ignorance), crime, and other negative things involving Black people, the ones who stick out mostis the darker guys...thus creating the perception. Thats why most prefer the light skinned guys> dark, to stay away from these things....IMO

usually the dark/light dilemma is a problem w/ AA women

the argument amongst males is nothing more then jokes amongst each other
laugh.gif
...we don't hate on each other.....now females hating on each other is anotherstory...

Derek-Luke1.jpg
1572_Reggie%20Bush.jpg
IDRIS_ELBA_PHOTO-208x233.jpg

And yes. I used to lub me some Chris Webber even though I don't really give a !!#@ about basketball.
28b352d24cbf78c5598c06e1bcaf1a394e3d854.gif

chris_webber.jpg

I <3 Chocolate boys long time!
05415243755f01b1160778db07ba5a1424902f2.gif

But I don't discriminate. Yella fellas are alright with me too but I'm a sucker for chocolates! There's room in my heart for all.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

I'm light skinned ...it always seems that the black people who make us look ignorant or make us look bad as a whole, are the dark skinned guys. Yes you may say that there are light skinned cats, doing the things i spoke of but really I believe the ratio of dark skinned dudes to light skinned dudes is tilted to one side in the Black Community. So when BET (most time portraying ignorance), crime, and other negative things involving Black people, the ones who stick out most is the darker guys...thus creating the perception. Thats why most prefer the light skinned guys> dark, to stay away from these things....IMO
you probably notice more dark skin guys making black people look bad
eyes.gif
cuz thats how you feel deep down inside...IMO

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I've said this before and I'll say it again. From my perspective, Willy Lynch was, and continues to be, the black community's greatest villain.

What's interesting though, and I suppose somewhat comical as well, is the fact that from a purely tactical standpoint, you can't help but admire the guy's genius.

The guy simply planted "seeds" within the field that is "black consciousness", and wouldn't you know it, centuries later--my people are still harvesting, in ignorance, the destruction that was sown by this man.

Who needs, and has time to physically enslave millions of people when, for less than a fraction of the cost, you can guarantee their mental enslavement (well the majority) for generations to come.

Willie Lynch--the Man of the year in Bizzaro World...

High quality post righ'chere....
I have knuckle sandwich for you when I get to Chicago. Lincey too for encouraging your nonsense.
pumpkin_face_scared_hg_wht.gif

"Relax"...you know damn well I ain't give your numberaway...but I should have..

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I'm light skinned ...it always seems that the black people who make us look ignorant or make us look bad as a whole, are the dark skinned guys. Yes you may say that there are light skinned cats, doing the things i spoke of but really I believe the ratio of dark skinned dudes to light skinned dudes is tilted to one side in the Black Community. So when BET (most time portraying ignorance), crime, and other negative things involving Black people, the ones who stick out most is the darker guys...thus creating the perception. Thats why most prefer the light skinned guys> dark, to stay away from these things....IMO
eyes.gif

lol sorry didnt mean to offend Sheena

*goes to post myspace, and send hate mail to Raheem Devine (sp?)*

jk

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LOL wow apparently every light skinned black person in America has been hiding under a rock for years and have been waiting for an excuse/ reason to come out. Really? you really need a celebrity to validate your ability to get women?
laugh.gif
For every light-skin celeb there's a dark skinned one that is just as if not more successful. I don't see your point. And if Obama fails (who's half white bdw, but if you want him to be the light-skinned personal messiah do you), does every light-skinned person go down with him?
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
you taking this $$+# too seriously fam. it's all jokes as far as I'm concerned. I've bagged em white, light and dark so it's whatever to me really.

as far has Obama being half white, every light skinned got some white in them somewhere down the line. how you think we got this color?

but uhhh....yeah...we in now
pimp.gif
Actually no, I know quite a few full-blooded West Africans who are "light skinned" who have no white in them. It's a continuum. Soyes some most likely many "light skinned" African Americans are the product of interracial couplings but many are not. My little brother was lightskinned at some point till he spent madd time in the sun for football and i'm the coffee shade. I'm sure my mom wasn't out smashing whitemen
nerd.gif

Everybody is conveniently claiming Obama, white, black, muslims, Hawaians, Kenyans (Sp). A lot of hearts are gonna be broken and ties severed if hefails.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dylishis

Derek-Luke1.jpg
1572_Reggie%20Bush.jpg
IDRIS_ELBA_PHOTO-208x233.jpg

And yes. I used to lub me some Chris Webber even though I don't really give a !!#@ about basketball.
28b352d24cbf78c5598c06e1bcaf1a394e3d854.gif

chris_webber.jpg

I <3 Chocolate boys long time!
05415243755f01b1160778db07ba5a1424902f2.gif

But I don't discriminate. Yella fellas are alright with me too but I'm a sucker for chocolates! There's room in my heart for all.
pimp.gif
No ayo and skin color aside but those are some pretty dudes.
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

Beast4ya wrote: I'm light skinned ...it always seems that the black people who make us look ignorant or make us look bad as a whole, are the dark skinned guys. Yes you may say that there are light skinned cats, doing the things i spoke of but really I believe the ratio of dark skinned dudes to light skinned dudes is tilted to one side in the Black Community. So when BET (most time portraying ignorance), crime, and other negative things involving Black people, the ones who stick out most is the darker guys...thus creating the perception. Thats why most prefer the light skinned guys> dark, to stay away from these things....IMO
Good Lord...
laugh.gif
What planet are y'all living on? Do you seriously see the world this way? Do you think that when police are out harassinginnocent black men, they're gonna be thinking about anything you just said? Like, oh...he's light skinned. He must not be AS bad. They're gonnathrow your yellow butt in the same cell as those crazy @#% darkies. I really hope you're not that twisted up in the brain that you GENUINELY believe thatpeople's deviant behavioral pattern varies by skin tone. I mean, yeah...I agree that there is a negative bias towards darker skinned blacks but the factthat you actually see validity in it is saddening. Get real, man.

Beast4ya wrote:
Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Beast4ya wrote:
eyes.gif

lol sorry didnt mean to offend Sheena

*goes to post myspace, and send hate mail to Raheem Devine (sp?)*

jk

i'm not offended but i was being serious...its kinda like Disney movies where the bad guy is always darker compared to other characters...its kinda thrownin there subtly so you associate bad with dark...

and its Raheem Devaughn...

we really have beef now Rilla...got people usin my name in here like they know me...
mad.gif

be ready to go to war...

Originally Posted by Dylishis

Beast4ya wrote: I'm light skinned ...it always seems that the black people who make us look ignorant or make us look bad as a whole, are the dark skinned guys. Yes you may say that there are light skinned cats, doing the things i spoke of but really I believe the ratio of dark skinned dudes to light skinned dudes is tilted to one side in the Black Community. So when BET (most time portraying ignorance), crime, and other negative things involving Black people, the ones who stick out most is the darker guys...thus creating the perception. Thats why most prefer the light skinned guys> dark, to stay away from these things....IMO
Good Lord...
laugh.gif
What planet are y'all living on? Do you seriously see the world this way? Do you think that when police are out harassing innocent black men, they're gonna be thinking about anything you just said? Like, oh...he's light skinned. He must not be AS bad. They're gonna throw your yellow butt in the same cell as those crazy @#% darkies. I really hope you're not that twisted up in the brain that you GENUINELY believe that people's deviant behavioral pattern varies by skin tone. I mean, yeah...I agree that there is a negative bias towards darker skinned blacks but the fact that you actually see validity in it is saddening. Get real, man.

like i was saying the ratio of light to dark is more heavy on the darker side...also leading up to say that also the ratio of felons of darker complexion tolight complexion is also sided the same... thats all im saying its just fact (im only speaking for black people, not any other ethnicity...)

IMO

Where are you getting these statistics, dude?
laugh.gif
What ratios? I don't think they're taking skin color stats when they're throwin' *%*#%! injail but if you have some...I'm genuinely curious.

FML. Messing around on these boards and playing arcade games...I've been @ my school ALL day like I still go here and I only stopped by to pirate somemusic. I hate the internets. Ruining my life. Wasted my whole damn Monday!

WOW!
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom