Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

What's so good about Let The Beat Build?

Has Kanye ever produced a good track by himself without Jon Brion in the past three years?

Mr. Carter...
pimp.gif

Album is cool to me, the singles are misleading...i expected him to use the voice thing more but i'm glad he didn't

"Mr. Carter" is easily the best song on the album. Hov's verse got around 20 spins tonight. The connection with the lines about the molotovcocktail flow and the bomb blow had me
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. The only offering from this album thats remotely close to "classic"consideration. I am also failing to see the appeal of "Let The Beat Build", pretty simple and basically boring. To sum things up, "Mr.Carter" and "Dr. Carter" are the only two songs I would listen to again. For me, the rest of the album has no replay value. The album sort ofjust sucks.
eyes.gif

on first listen production is ...
pimp.gif

but the lyrics are...
eyes.gif

Dr. Carter, Mr. Carter, Shoot Me Down, Comfortable, A Milli, Let The Beat Build are all
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WE LOVE 1989

Has Kanye ever produced a good track by himself without Jon Brion in the past three years?

indifferent.gif
all day, homie
i'm not one of these Wayne stan, butDr. Carter
eek.gif
pimp.gif

album sounds like a mixtape, and it'll get mixtape treatment...bump for a week or two in the whip then it'll get roll'd up on.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by YardFather

this track alone will severely undercut this album from EVER being considered a classic. aha.

Or the fact that the lyrics are trash

word after my first brief listen...this is def
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

easy list of hot garbage on this cd...

got money
la la

nothin on me (this joint is old as shhhh....nice filler wayne)

mrs. officer

that's already 1/4th of the cd being
laugh.gif
'able

but you know someone the stans are gonna be all
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
over it still.

What stans?
The hate for Wayne here on NT far exceeds the love.

Go peep any other Wayne thread, sans this one.

Dude came better than I thought on this, that's for sure.

This album is
pimp.gif

Mr. Carter alone @+%%# on a lot of stuff out right now.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by YardFather

this track alone will severely undercut this album from EVER being considered a classic. aha.

Or the fact that the lyrics are trash

word after my first brief listen...this is def
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

easy list of hot garbage on this cd...

got money
la la

nothin on me (this joint is old as shhhh....nice filler wayne)

mrs. officer

that's already 1/4th of the cd being
laugh.gif
'able

but you know someone the stans are gonna be all
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
over it still.

What stans?
The hate for Wayne here on NT far exceeds the love.

Go peep any other Wayne thread, sans this one.

Dude came better than I thought on this, that's for sure.

This album is
pimp.gif

Mr. Carter alone @+%%# on a lot of stuff out right now.

album is
pimp.gif
.....now THAT is an exaggeration. i have listened to thisalbum top to bottom twice now.

and you're right. Mr. Carter is that shhhh.....

but that's about it....dudes put it right...ishhh sounds like a mixtape....this joint has NO replay value...you mean to tell me this will be in yourrotation 2 weeks from now? hellll naaaaa...and you know it...

here is my breakdown.

3 peat...3/5....i ain't gonna lie...i eff with this...good start...

mr carter 5/5....joint is heatrocks...

a millie 4/5....i liked it the first time i heard it..

got money 1/5....
indifferent.gif
you serious wayne?

comfortable 2/5....not as hot as everyone makes it out to be.

phone home...2/5...i see what wayne tried to do here...but like most of this cd...dude aint saying NOTHING...

dr carter 4/5...dope concept.

tie my hands 3/5...robin thicke is what makes this joint burn...

shoot me down 2/5....wayne...SAY SOMETHING...i hear you rapping but i dont hear you saying ANYTHING..

playing with fire 2/5...just wasnt feeling it.

lollipop...well you know.

la la 0/5...what IS THIS GARBAGE? out of all the tracks wayne puts out, this makes the album? oh lord.

nothin' on me. 0/5...how the hell did this old #+* track make the album??
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

let the beat build...4/5...kanye's beat is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...but like the problem with this entire album...weezy aint saying much..

mrs. officer...2/5...r&b filler. what else is new?

misunderstood 2/5...word on the common reference. if dude didnt exist, this coulda been decent.

ill probably play this joint 2-3 more times...and that will be it.....no replay value whatsoever outside of mr carter and dr carter..

I can't really give my full review, but upon first listen, this is def better than what I expected from the "new" Wayne.

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

I can't really give my full review, but upon first listen, this is def better than what I expected from the "new" Wayne.

see. that's even an added negative. i was use to wayne being hot as shhh....then he converted to this silly %*$ garbage wayne...

and now we're veering off to when dude actually use to spit...and SAY SOMETHING.

trust....pop C3 in...listen to it....go back and pop C1 and C2 in....and you'll def have the
ohwell.gif
'what happened to dude?' expression going on.

i got the Carter II playing right now and this obliterates this latest project in every fashion.

This post has shifted hard$%$% from hype to hate
laugh.gif

Obviously there are the garbage tracks, but the production on here is pretty damn good

And I kno yall didnt expect Wayne to rap about much other than being high
Therefore, I am somewhat surprised on some of the tracks that went a little deeper
Such as verses directed towards mother on Playing with Fire, as well as misunderstood at the end(could have added 2 more verses on that beat tho
laugh.gif
). Imean, honestly I thought the album would have 0 substance.

Overall, not as weak as yall are saying... Just not what Weezy is capable of. And we already knew this

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by WE LOVE 1989

indifferent.gif
all day, homie
i'm not one of these Wayne stan, but Dr. Carter
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Looks like I just offended a stan.
laugh.gif

Just understand that for the past few years there's always been a "co-producer" for tracks that you THINK are produced by your boy Kanye To The..

Ive only listened to Mr. Carter and 3peat. Both of those songs are fire. I'm not gonna lie, I'm hyped.

Back
Top Bottom