Linda, Linda... Listen To Me

No wonder the kid didn't get a cupcake, Linda is a big girl.  She prob didn't spank him, just made him watch as she scarfed all them cupcakes down.

i never called my parents mom or dad growing up and only occasionally since my late twenties. first name basis all the way.

Y'all are somewhat od'in on the kid.

My boy called his mom by her first name... He's a very standup guy...

Dad's a black preacher, mom is a Mexican...

It wasshocking at first... But that's how some parents are.

My brother is pretty strict on his daughter... But she calls him by his first name...

Calls him daddy when she wants something though. 

its a video of an adorable lil boy. you guys dont need to take it that serious

Probably a repost, but little kid has his own website too. http://mateowantsacupcake.com/

The next Terio?
and they have no shame. Amazing...
mean.gif

Me and my girl watch this video all the damn time!

I hope our children can speak pretty clearly like that, at an early age!

Last edited:
I think he is being raised just fine. He knew if he crossed the line his butt would get "burned". That's all it takes. Some kids develop reasoning skills earlier than others and worrying about what name he calls you instead of making sure that he understands why he can't do something doesn't correct the problems.
I had parents just like you guys. " Cuz I said so.." Was something I heard on a regular basis and I couldn't stand it. their excuses weren't good enough for me. they didn't explain things out because it was only about respect and not about the subject at hand. I see why they chose a particular viewpoint but when I got old enough I cut all ties. Authority is one thing. Blind fear is not respect. it only works until the child is smart enough to avoid the consequences. (ie. asking grandma. )

just my $.02

Last edited:
The kid is adorable. That is a fact.
But kids need to understand that they cant have everything they want. And they also need to learn how to respect authority.

Its all good, Linda wanting her kid to have a voice and all, but at 3 years old, there is no debating with me.
Im the parent, and you do what I tell you to do, when I tell you to do it.

Another thing is this. Debating and backtalking are two different things.
Debating is not so bad ans has its uses. The back talking should immediately be nipped in the bud.

And I think that is where Linda has already failed.
In her quest to let Mateo have a voice and speak his mind, she has let him get conforatble enough to cut het off mid sentence, every single time she starts talking.
And that will only get worse, because kids only do what you let them get away with doing.

I think he is being raised just fine. He knew if he crossed the line his butt would get "burned". That's all it takes. Some kids develop reasoning skills earlier than others and worrying about what name he calls you instead of making sure that he understands why he can't do something doesn't correct the problems.
I had parents just like you guys. " Cuz I said so.." Was something I heard on a regular basis and I couldn't stand it. their excuses weren't good enough for me. they didn't explain things out because it was only about respect and not about the subject at hand. I see why they chose a particular viewpoint but when I got old enough I cut all ties. Authority is one thing. Blind fear is not respect. it only works until the child is smart enough to avoid the consequences. (ie. asking grandma. )

just my $.02
Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved. . . . Love endures by a bond which men, being scoundrels, may break whenever it serves their advantage to do so; but fear is supported by the dread of pain, which is ever present.

The kid is adorable. That is a fact.
But kids need to understand that they cant have everything they want. And they also need to learn how to respect authority.

Its all good, Linda wanting her kid to have a voice and all, but at 3 years old, there is no debating with me.
Im the parent, and you do what I tell you to do, when I tell you to do it.

Another thing is this. Debating and backtalking are two different things.
Debating is not so bad ans has its uses. The back talking should immediately be nipped in the bud.

And I think that is where Linda has already failed.
In her quest to let Mateo have a voice and speak his mind, she has let him get conforatble enough to cut het off mid sentence, every single time she starts talking.
And that will only get worse, because kids only do what you let them get away with doing.
both points are valid. looks like kid is only about 3. she still has time to correct that should only take a couple times.

Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved. . . . Love endures by a bond which men, being scoundrels, may break whenever it serves their advantage to do so; but fear is supported by the dread of pain, which is ever present.
but fear is not ever present. its only present when they're knowledgeable of whats going on. they would have to be omniscient if punishment is going to be the only system of discipline used. Love; however, is ever present and will place guilt on the heart of the child even when the parents are away.

Last edited:
This kid is hilarious and cute. My 4 year old nephew reminds me a lot of that kid. He gets his slick and debative mouth from my brother. Most times he pleads his case so well I can't help but give him what he wants.

One time I had him in the car and he kept asking me el pollo loco I'm like no. He's like "ti-ti you should get me loco pollo because it's too late for you to wash dishes since you will have to cook for me" smh lol

That was when he 3.

I called my dad by his first name a week ago (jokingly mind you) and he's like "n**** have you lost your mind?! I'm daddy! Your father! You will address me such as I have earned that right" then right before he hung up on me he said "call back when you wake up with some sense"

I'm 28 [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Last edited:
I woulda kicked this little ***** dead in his chest if that was my son

There's absolutely nothing cute or adorable about a child talking back to his mother... He'll be telling her how to run her house by the age of 14 while she's crying wondering what she did wrong.

I wouldn't ASK my kid to do anything. I'd TELL them.

and I wouldn't let them cut me off mid-sentence....

I woulda kicked this little ***** dead in his chest if that was my son

There's absolutely nothing cute or adorable about a child talking back to his mother... He'll be telling her how to run her house by the age of 14 while she's crying wondering what she did wrong.

I've reported people like you to child protective service, multiple times. :\

Ooook... Good for you? [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom