Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte June 4 | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R2 recognized Grogu or so it seemed... I'm assuming R2 got him out of the temple...[/SPOILER]

I could be wrong.
Yooooo!!!!!!
Damn. Where the **** was R2 during Order 66?

Last I remember, he went with Anakin to Mustafar to kill the Separatists. Then nothing after that. I assume he went with Anakin over to the Jedi Temple? :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

And then is that it for Grogu? No more Grogu??? 😭😭😭Din taking his helmet off for him at the end tho. 😭
This is really the biggest deal for me. Like, already man? We can save another people on a far away planet, or maybe eat some endangered eggs. I dunno, I’m sure we can find stuff to do. Come on Disney goddammit.

Man, Din was getting stomped out by that one dark trooper :lol:

Filoni know what he was doing. I don't know why regular droids weren't like this back in the clone wars. Them droids were mad flimsy. Was always hard to believe they were used in a war and almost beat the Republic. Should've been like Robocop/Terminator from the jump.

Giancarlo is great as Moff. Just needed more lines on top of his presence.

Luke mowing down dark troopers really was like Vader mowing down the Rebellion in Rogue One just longer and part of it on terrible 80s surveillance.

That Luke cgi was disturbing. What was really off was his voice. Did Mark do the voice? Even that seemed manipulated.

This was a great finale though The girls really kicked ***. Especially Fennec 🔥

The Book of Boba Fett teaser was dope.

Interested if Bo really tries to go at Din for the dark saber. I think eventually she'll just try to convince Din to join her cause and use him having the saber to further her campaign to unite her ppl and take over Mandalore. Then when it gets close fight him and try to win the saber back.

I'm pretty sure next season is probably gonna deal with a lot more Mandalorians and different clans.

200.gif

The Joint was too crazy. The sequel trilogy is so trash, but you cant' compare 16 episodes to 3 films.
I'm ready to throw the whole sequel trilogy in the trash at this point. Let this be the story that follows episode 6.

Loved the finale. That final dark trooper kill from Luke. :wow: i kept waiting for a last bit of misdirection but the x-wing, the black hood, the green saber, the one glove, it all made the payoff worth it.

Mando just looked right wielding that dark saber when he brings Gideon in to the bridge. I want him to keep it.

Having r2 roll in at the end was great. He and grogu even had a little moment. I'm gonna miss that little guy but I feel like the show has introduced enough threads that the plot could go anywhere.

Like make s3 eight chapters from the book of boba Fett, and then you can jump back to mando or whoever for s4. Their stories can still cross season to season.

Luke mowing down dark troopers really was like Vader mowing down the Rebellion in Rogue One just longer and part of it on terrible 80s surveillance.

20201218_090253.jpg

20201218_090254.jpg

I've seen a couple of people mention that Disney told investors that 10 new shows within the Star Wars universe would be coming, but they only announced 9. So people are thinking that the Boba show is #10 and that Mando S3 will focus on the retaking of Mandalore.

But I'm hoping that's wrong. Make The Book Of Boba Mandolorian season 3. Make the 10th show about Luke and his Temple.

Dave and Jon just understand Star Wars so much... Yeah you can call alot of what they've done fan service, but all if it makes sense within the show. We haven't truly seen Luke just work like he did in this episode since the Jabba palace scene in Return. I need more :lol:

And it's possible Grogru survived Kylos attack. That doesn't happen for another 20+ years (after Luke took Grogru). Grogu could've been off on a mission with another Jedi, or shucks, even Din could've taken him back. I can't see them having his fate already sealed with the destruction of Luke's temple. I think Filoni and Favreau are much smarter than that.

And I was wondering why Boba wasn't part of the actual rescue. But, I guess, it would've been an interesting meeting if he was in the room when Luke walked in :lol:

Last edited:
And I was wondering why Boba wasn't part of the actual rescue. But, I guess, it would've been an interesting meeting if he was in the room when Luke walked in :lol:
:lol: that didn’t even register - a Luke and Fett reunion would have derailed everything :lol:

I’m on the opposite end of your opinion though. Book of Fett needs to be a different show than Mando Season 3 for a few reasons -

1. We gotta figure out this Dark Saber situation and they’ve already laid the foundation to figuring out Mandalore.
2. I’d imagine it’s not the last time we see Grogu on this show.
3. During the last 3 episodes or so, they’ve made it pretty damn clear that Boba Fett isn’t a true Mandalorian.

But I do agree with you on this - I want a Luke show too :lol: Cancel MAGA Dune and give me Luke!

Last edited:

Had a post on my IG yesterday about to ask how another showdown between them two would go down. But then Jeremy died and I had to give him his respect so this post got bumped out. Some theory discussion before the episode would've been entertaining to read since I knew what they were gonna pull, but oh well...Next time, baby.

ED5224E2-BD94-4CCA-80B5-0FE89AAF92C3.jpeg

I need to get one thing off my chest...
I don’t mean to make this about a SW post, I know we got a thread for that - but since it’s tied to the show and I don’t want any spoilers in there at the moment I’ll just say this here...

For some of us we’ve waited damn near a life time to see Luke in this kind of scene, and initially, for those of us that waited so long to see Luke, we got the Last Jedi, which was so ****in heartbreakin and disappointing to see.

But this is redemption. It wasn’t much, but it’s what we ****in needed. Deep down, I hope Filoni and Favreu are saying to themselves “THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT THE LAST JEDI”

:lol: that didn’t even register - a Luke and Fett reunion would have derailed everything :lol:

I’m on the opposite end of your opinion though. Book of Fett needs to be a different show than Mando Season 3 for a few reasons -

1. We gotta figure out this Dark Saber situation and they’ve already laid the foundation to figuring out Mandalore.
2. I’d imagine it’s not the last time we see Grogu on this show.
3. During the last 3 episodes or so, they’ve made it pretty damn clear that Boba Fett isn’t a true Mandalorian.

But I do agree with you on this - I want a Luke show too :lol: Cancel MAGA Dune and give me Luke!

I feel you. Yeah I don't have much interest in the Dune show at all. I'd have no problem if they scraped it and gave us Luke :lol: And them tying up the darksaber/Mandalore plot will be great. I'm wondering who's in control of the planet now.

Had a post on my IG yesterday about to ask how another showdown between them two would go down. But then Jeremy died and I had to give him his respect so this post got bumped out. Some theory discussion before the episode would've been entertaining to read since I knew what they were gonna pull, but oh well...Next time, baby.

ED5224E2-BD94-4CCA-80B5-0FE89AAF92C3.jpeg

Would've been interesting for sure. They'd definitely recognize each other for sure. Kinda wishing they did it now that I think about it :lol:

I need to get one thing off my chest...
I don’t mean to make this about a SW post, I know we got a thread for that - but since it’s tied to the show and I don’t want any spoilers in there at the moment I’ll just say this here...

For some of us we’ve waited damn near a life time to see Luke in this kind of scene, and initially, for those of us that waited so long to see Luke, we got the Last Jedi, which was so ****in heartbreakin and disappointing to see.

But this is redemption. It wasn’t much, but it’s what we ****in needed. Deep down, I hope Filoni and Favreu are saying to themselves “THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT THE LAST JEDI”

100%. I'm still buggin over this episode. This is the Luke we all imagined. I don't think he would've been able to do what he did in this episode, that effortlessly in ROTJ. So to finally, truly see his evolution in live action is incredible. Hopefully this isn't the last we see of him in this time period.

Back
Top Bottom