Living Solo aka No Roommates - Rookies and Veterans Welcome

I can't do that roommate life... Last time I tried... I wanted to choke and beat up my friend... Don't wanna live that life...

I need to be able to do my stuff... Like walk buck *** naked from bed to toilet to fridge at 5am... I need to not be bothered... I need for people to not here my savagery.... Unless their the annoying *** neighbors up stairs whos dog wakes me up all the time... I make sure they hear EVERYTHING...

I know I'm definitely in the minority but I enjoy living with a single roommate more then living by myself

I lived by myself for a year and it was cool but I dunno, I just like having someone else there

My lease is up in September and I'll be getting my own place. I did the roommate thing to save money but honestly I just need my own space.

I lived with roommates for two years after college. Good times, but we all went our own way after that and I ended up living alone. I like it, but I miss having people around. When my lease is up, I'm moving in with a couple of friends again. Just not ready for the solo life yet.

I know I'm definitely in the minority but I enjoy living with a single roommate more then living by myself

I lived by myself for a year and it was cool but I dunno, I just like having someone else there

I'm with you on this...for now. If it's your homie and you both respect the space it can have a lot of advantages and very few, if any, disadvantages. I like having one roommate right now.

I lived solo for a few semesters in college and it was really nice. Also lived with 4 other guys senior year and that was my best year of college.

I think living with other people can be a lot more enjoyable, but there's a greater risk it doesn't work out obviously.

I live by myself and love it. You can't put a price on 100% freedom. But I won't lie, it gets lonely sometimes. But those times are few and far between. Good luck.

I'm with you on this...for now. If it's your homie and you both respect the space it can have a lot of advantages and very few, if any, disadvantages. I like having one roommate right now.

I lived solo for a few semesters in college and it was really nice. Also lived with 4 other guys senior year and that was my best year of college.

I think living with other people can be a lot more enjoyable, but there's a greater risk it doesn't work out obviously.

I agree. While I'm in the "no regrets" boat of having lived by myself, I'm not gonna lie... that extra $750+ saved a month would've been real nice.

I agree. While I'm in the "no regrets" boat of having lived by myself, I'm not gonna lie... that extra $750+ saved a month would've been real nice.

Saving money is definitely the biggest positive to having a roommate. Also you'll probably get a much nicer place if you both up your budget a bit. Then you can split furnishings, TV, cable, internet, utilities etc.. as well.

I cook a lot and always offer my roommate some of whatever I make when I make more than I can eat myself. He'll hook it up and do the dishes after or tell me he'll make dinner tomorrow or whatever. We have a communal bar with a bunch of bottles and we share that too (though there are a few bottles that are off limits). And there's always beer. So you got a drinking buddy for whenever. It's nice to just be able to vent to a good friend about something at the end of the day too. And also we are both really clean so if something is dirty or there's dishes to be done it will be done within a day. We both travel a fair amount so we get the apartment completely to ourselves sometimes.

So it works out really well for me right now. But on the flip side...early in college I had some roommates that were so bad I requested to live alone for the next semester.

Also I want to add that the number of bathrooms is essential. Like right now my roommate and I each have our own bathroom. I'm not trying to share a bathroom with another person no matter how clean they are.

Last edited:
Never had a roommate. Never will. I get annoyed easily...and I'd NEVER want to live with another dude. 

Living in solitude is the greatest thing in the world. Especially if you're a bachelor. 

I haven't had a roommate since the first semester of freshman year in college.

I'm an only child so it's just a way of life.

The peace, the tranquility. Not having argue over the air conditioning or asking dude to clean up after himself.

Pass on roommates fam.

Last edited:
Was planning to be roommates with my best friend when I move back to KC in get situated this summer but I might just get my own place. I'm enjoying having my own place now and chances are I'd need a place closer to work in KC so I'm not driving 45 min every morning. Had a roommate in college and the guy was terrible.

Back
Top Bottom