lll - The Official Denim Thread - lll Vol. 2/Fall & Winter Is Coming Up. Time To Upgrade.

Which of the jeans in the links fit similar to levis 501?
I cant go any slimmer then 501 fit in the thigh area.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by HelloNewWorld

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

Hey all, denim newbie here and I was wondering if you guys could lead me on the right track?

So i finally decided that I wanted to get a good quality pair of denim after only wearing Gap and Levis jeans up until now.

My budget caps at about $150-175 (more than welcome for anything cheaper than that) and my thighs are a bit bigger than the usual, but I can fit fine in a pair of straight fit jeans, just no skinny fits for me please.

What would be some good choices for me to start off with?

Thanks!
Go with APC New Standards.
The jeans im wearing are APC NS tag sz. 27 (I szed down 2. My true waist sz is 29)

I recommend you sz down 1 though from your true waist size since your thighs are big. APC stretch like crazy.
Technically you didn't size down 2 dude.  APC's are vanity sized so your 27 tag size really measures a 29 when new.  So if they feel tight on you, your waist is bigger than 29.  My advice on sizing their jeans is to buy a size where you can button up every button but the top or struggle to get the top button.  They should then stretch to the desired look for the cut of the jean.  Also wear a belt so your waist doesn't stretch out to much.

I am going to try and kop some Dior mij 19cm and if I can't justify the price just get some APC ps

Szing down 2 means szing down 2 from your true waist.

When I first got my NS, i couldnt button the last 2.

Now i can button all the way, but barely.

Hey all, denim newbie here and I was wondering if you guys could lead me on the right track?

So i finally decided that I wanted to get a good quality pair of denim after only wearing Gap and Levis jeans up until now.

My budget caps at about $150-175 (more than welcome for anything cheaper than that) and my thighs are a bit bigger than the usual, but I can fit fine in a pair of straight fit jeans, just no skinny fits for me please.

Thanks!
The jeans im wearing are APC NS tag sz. 27 (I szed down 2. My true waist sz is 29)

I recommend you sz down 1 though from your true waist size since your thighs are big. APC stretch like crazy.
Technically you didn't size down 2 dude.  APC's are vanity sized so your 27 tag size really measures a 29 when new.  So if they feel tight on you, your waist is bigger than 29.  My advice on sizing their jeans is to buy a size where you can button up every button but the top or struggle to get the top button.  They should then stretch to the desired look for the cut of the jean.  Also wear a belt so your waist doesn't stretch out to much.

I am going to try and kop some Dior mij 19cm and if I can't justify the price just get some APC ps

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Had my Big Bengt's for almost two years now. Still haven't faded very much
smh.gif

Anyone know where I can get some good, inexpensive khakis?

How hard have you been wearing them?

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Had my Big Bengt's for almost two years now. Still haven't faded very much
smh.gif

Anyone know where I can get some good, inexpensive khakis?

How hard have you been wearing them?

Thanks!

Don't try and school me dude, if you couldn't button the last 2 then you aren't a 29 inch waist.  APC's are vanity sized, which like I said in my last post are 2 sizes bigger than the tagged size.  So those 27s(brand new measure 29 in the waist) would fit your waist without needing to stretch if your waist really was 29 inches.  Maybe you should measure your true waist instead of going off a tag of Levis or whatever else you were, I guarantee you are a 30 or maybe even a 31.  My advice to people is to size down 3, this takes in account for the vanity sizing and gives you another inch to stretch out which will easily happen.

Thanks!

Don't try and school me dude, if you couldn't button the last 2 then you aren't a 29 inch waist.  APC's are vanity sized, which like I said in my last post are 2 sizes bigger than the tagged size.  So those 27s(brand new measure 29 in the waist) would fit your waist without needing to stretch if your waist really was 29 inches.  Maybe you should measure your true waist instead of going off a tag of Levis or whatever else you were, I guarantee you are a 30 or maybe even a 31.  My advice to people is to size down 3, this takes in account for the vanity sizing and gives you another inch to stretch out which will easily happen.

Just copped some black coated Dior MII 19cm from some dude on SUFU.
I'll post picswhen I get them in next week.

Just copped some black coated Dior MII 19cm from some dude on SUFU.
I'll post picswhen I get them in next week.

Still rocking my Naked & Famous Weird Guys, actually not so much. The company never sent me a kit to fix my blowout, I'll prob just cut a piece from another pair and fix it. I think I might pick up a pair of STF's to have something to cycle through or maybe Uniqlo/H&M/Gap....

Still rocking my Naked & Famous Weird Guys, actually not so much. The company never sent me a kit to fix my blowout, I'll prob just cut a piece from another pair and fix it. I think I might pick up a pair of STF's to have something to cycle through or maybe Uniqlo/H&M/Gap....

anyone have any experience/thoughts on the GAP Selvage straight fit jeans (rigid rinse)...sizing recommendations (size down due to stretch?...etc.?)...thanks

anyone have any experience/thoughts on the GAP Selvage straight fit jeans (rigid rinse)...sizing recommendations (size down due to stretch?...etc.?)...thanks

I just posted this in the "dressing better" thread. 

I just picked it up bout 2 days ago...

31340v9.jpg

I just posted this in the "dressing better" thread. 

I just picked it up bout 2 days ago...

31340v9.jpg

Just wanted to share.

What I have been working with the past couple of months.

Natural Selection selvage

Just wanted to share.

What I have been working with the past couple of months.

Natural Selection selvage

Back
Top Bottom