|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He leads the Lakers in TOP at 4.1. Touches 53.3

Clarkson is at 3.5 and 52.1

Randle is at 2.1 and 52.1 as well even though they are playing 4 and 6 minutes a game more than Russell respectively.

He also has the ball longer than both of them as well on average, he's just not doing anything with it.

You all can look for youself it's all on stats.NBA.com/tracking.

Quite frankly he hasn't shown the effort or ability to run an offense thru him with the opportunity he's had so far and be productive.

And a lot of the time and touches are spent bringing the ball up, dribbling at the top of the key, and waiting to initiate the offense with a simple pass to the wing or high post.

He doesn't get to do much even when the ball is in his hands. Is it because he lacks aggression or is it by design? Based on the Princeton offense and Byron's quotes on what he wants from D'Angelo, it seems like it's mostly by design to me.

You can say it's by design except stuff looks different when Clarkson is out there running as the primary ball handler. How y'all are giving him zero accountability is beyond me. Yes the coach is terrible and the scheme isn't ideal but everybody else has to play in it. The kid has to do his part as well.

Because Clarkson has had half of a season to learn the role and what to do with it. i.e. he was given time.

I'd also guess Clarkson has more of a license to attack the basket and be more involved in a play based on some of the answers Byron's given, but that's me reading between the lines.

I'm holding D'Angelo accountable for learning what to do as well. I'm not guaranteeing he will and that he'll be all good. I'm just not jumping all over him to prove that Jahlil Okafor was the right pick without giving him time.

Last edited:
[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="Mamba MVP"]Pringles' name should be stricken from this thread.[/quote]No, the ones that demanded him out should be.

He'd have these young guys flourishin. :smh:[/quote]1st thought: "I'm w/ CP on this one."

2nd thought: Knickerbockers. :lol:

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="Mamba MVP"]Pringles' name should be stricken from this thread.
No, the ones that demanded him out should be.

He'd have these young guys flourishin. :smh:[/quote]1st thought: "I'm w/ CP on this one."

2nd thought: Knickerbockers. :lol:[/quote]

The young version of those Knicks is my dream of what this team would look like :frown:

If D'Antoni couldn't get a rookie Dlo to look like Steve Nash off the bat, maybe he could at least get him to look like Raymond Felton.

But the past is the past yadayada

the 2010 pre-Melo Knicks were fun to watch...Gallinari, Chandler, Fields, Felton, & of course Stoudemire.

obviously not the most talented roster but MDA's system fit the roster pretty well.

DLo, Clarkson, Brown, Randle, Nance, Black would all be great in that system. :frown:

Ugh. :smh:

Even if you despise MDA, and say defense, etc etc, he'd have them LOOK beastly, which could generate buzz and attract talent. At that point you could pull the Mark Jackson to Kerr switch if you felt MDA couldn't get them over the top.

Instead we have Byron making us look worse every week, driving future Lakers away. :x

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

DLo, Clarkson, Brown, Randle, Nance, Black would all be great in that system. :frown:

Ugh. :smh:

Even if you despise MDA, and say defense, etc etc, he'd have them LOOK beastly, which could generate buzz and attract talent. At that point you could pull the Mark Jackson to Kerr switch if you felt MDA couldn't get them over the top.

Instead we have Byron making us look worse every week, driving future Lakers away. :x

I see the compromise in your post.
I respect that.

I'm willing to meet you there.
Srs.

That would be better than what we currently have, even if it's not saying much. I'll at least admit to that.

Last edited:
Looking good while losing isn't bringing anyone in more than looking bad is.

Nah man he wanna come at me all crazy every time. I going to do the same to him.

The 2010-11 Knicks were looking good and winning though. There's a good chance they would've attracted Melo in the offseason if they didn't get so antsy.

* This is not a guarantee the same is possible with this roster.

[quote name="Mamba MVP"]Nah man he wanna come at me all crazy every time. I going to do the same to him.[/quote]Man, that must sick, somebody coming at you all crazy and not even trying to hear you.

I can't even IMAGINE how frustrating that must be.

:wink:

D'lo strikes me as the type of guy that needs confidence and swag imparted from the outside. #FyronScott is not doing him any favours in building up his confidence. 

on another note... LOL

I'm honestly going to watch to see if an NBA team loses by 50. :lol:

It seriously might get really ugly. :\ :wow:

Last edited:
Didn't we already experience first hand MDA with a terrible roster?

Look at the young Clippers with Vinny as the coach, Blake posterizing bodies, DeAndre, Eric Gordon, they played fast, loose, had fun, Twitter was on them waiting for Blake plays, it generated league excitement.

That helped them land Paul. (And Stern)

Chris Paul doesn't go to THE CLIPPERS without that period of showcasing their talent.

MDA had Nick Young, checked out Pau, broken Nash, Jodie Meeks, just no useable, buildable talent.

THIS Laker team has lots of raw moldable talent.

He helped shape Matrix, Stat, Joe Johnson into somethin once he got Nash, he did it again to a lesser degree in NY before the Melo deal gutted them, I think its plausible he could mold these kids much the same way.

And if you had to swap him, like Vinny for Doc. Or MJ for Kerr. Or maybe Scott Brooks for Billy D, so be it.

But we pulled the plug cuz he wanted ONE year guaranteed on his deal. But paying Byron the last couple was worth it. :smh:

If you can't see the similarities, it's because you don't want to see them.

*shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom