|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wizards prioritize Scott Brooks, making a play to lure KD

Wolves want a big name like Tibbs/JVG

SAC and HOU will be intriguing gigs

And here we are stuck with Byron. Letting him finish out his contract so we can bring Phil back. That MUST be the plan. Otherwise why not make a change now with many quality coaches available?

Let's keep living in the past, Byron....Phil.....showtime.....triangle....SMDH

Means nothing to me when a coach is interested in a team.

When the team is interested in a guy, I pay attention.

True…but when that coach is linked favorably to a really good player that happens to be a free agent this year…. I'll take it as well if it helps land said player.

Lakers should go after Scott Brooks.

1. He's better than Byron Scott. By far.
2. Rather than having the worst 2 or 3 coaches in the NBA, you end up in the middle. That's worth it.
3. Has a great track record with developing young players. Or at the very least knows how to handle young players.
4. KD likes him, KD has vouched for him, and KD said he deserves and wants Scott to get another NBA Head Coaching Job.
5. He actually wants the job.
6. Next hire does not have to be a 10 year coach. Sure, you would love to find the guy who will be a staple of your franchise. If he's just a guy who gets us from Step 1. to Step 2 & 3, in 4-5 years, that's fine as well. The next guy after that can be the one who gets us to the promise land.

I would love Thibs, but not if he wants all the control. It's too many hats for one man to hold. Often times, it backfires. Not to mention, it gives a head coach too much power. Let the head coach, coach. Let the Front Office be the guys who try to put the players and the coach in the best place to succeed. Also Coaches who have full autonomy end up with drastically short term vision because it's not about sustained, prolonged success. It's about what can add 5-10 wins now, so I look better to the owner, and keep my job.

Last edited:
Why did OKC fire Brooks? If KD loves him so much wouldn't they want to keep him and keep KD happy?

They were not getting over the hump.

Basically had to make a change.

He also got a really raw deal for a referendum year for him.

In hindsight, they'd be fine with Brooks.

Also based on Mitch's quotes from yesterday... If the pick is kept, he's not trading it.

And my guess is at # 3 it will be Bender.

Didn't Mitch basically say they can either draft a young player or trade the pick? I couldn't read into that but I wouldn't expect them to trade the pick either. Typical Mitch speak

And yea Brooks is basically new Jersey byron. Players hardly ever speak ill of former coaches

Last edited:
get rid of dlo :nerd:

:stoneface:

Also you do know that, that has almost a 0% chance of happening. Even if they got Westbrook.

They are not going to get rid of D'Angelo.... Hell why would they?

This same nonsense about young PGs, granted Russell will be far better than Ramon Sessions will ever be, and is actually better than Sessions has ever been already is how we ended up trading a bunch of picks for Steve Nash

Last edited:
Hell no to Scott Brooks.

And :lol: at Thibs having too much power, the power needs to be dispersed from the clown car that is the front office as it is. I'd actually probably help a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom