|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I still hate Mike Brown more than Byron. And that's only because we've gotten draft picks out of these bad seasons. Mike Brown was literally worthless.

westbrook for dlo is a no brainer. literally, a no brainer.

Yes.

But what I'm saying is they will not trade D'Angelo Russell.

Why?

If the Lakers get KD (they won't), they will not trade for Russell Westbrook. Nor would the Thunder trade him here. Even if we had the best offer. They are not going to trade Westbrook to LA to make the Los Angeles Thunder.

They will let OKC panic trade him elsewhere, and Lakers will position themselves to sign him in Free Agency.

And magic! You now have Westbrook & Russell on the same team.

:wow:

Let's take this one by one.

Reggie Jackson
-was a really bad player coming into the league. He was drafted for depth. Nothing else
-His second year, he gave him as much opportunity as he did Fisher. In order to give Reggie more time in year 2, Fisher ended up being a SG off the bench.
-And in the 3rd year he gave him 29 mpg the whole year, 24.5mpg in the first 30 games that Westbrook was playing. When Westbrook came back after trade deadline, he still gave him 28.7mpg

Have to factor in that Westbrook plays 35 minutes a game. You run into a quandary with that. Because Reggie isn't good enough to play off ball, and shoot. So you're limited by what you can do with him. He also was drafted with being a backup as a ceiling in mind.

Jeremy Lamb
- Played in the DLeague in his first year
- He was also on a team in year 1 that included Westbrook, RJax, KD, Thabo & Kevin Martin. There is so much overlap that It bled the minutes for the SG spot.
- KD played 38minutes. Thabo & Kevin Martin played 27 minutes each.
-They ended up moving KD to the 4 on average 5mpg because they didn't have enough minutes.
- He wasn't better than KMart or Thabo. So they put him in the DLeague
- When KMart was gone after the season, he got 19mpg
- He was not considered a Day 1 starter, and was seen as someone who needed time.

Steven Adams
- He was a project player, drafted at the end of the lottery in a weak draft. There was no reason to believe when he was selected that he was going to start.
-Perk & Collison were the guys who were going to the dance with the Thunder.
- But you're right when Perkins went down he put Steven Adams in the starting rotation over Collison. Because Collison wasn't able to be good enough to start
-The next season, Adams was starting over Perkins & Collison
- But I'll give you that he deserved more time in his first year.

Anthony Morrow
Played 24 minutes his first year with the Thunder.
Then dropped down to 13 minutes per game under Donovan in his second year.
So he played Morrow. Fisher was also gone before Morrow got there.

You're really confusing guys who were seen as projects versus guys who were seen as Day 1 Starters (Russell & Randle). But 3 of those 4 guys still developed well under Brooks. Lamb just isn't very good. Factor in that KD, Westbrook, Harden & Serge developed under Brooks as well. And also confusing a team vying for a title versus a team that has nothing else to do but play young guys.

That's a whole hell of a lot different between Scott Brooks & Byron Scott

Thank you. Thank you!!!!

You're a decent guy when you're not talking about the Lakers :lol:.

That whole "Scott Brooks doesn't play young players" is SOOOO Overblown.

We all know he needs to go, there just has to be a plan for start happens after otherwise we'll be in the dame position we've been in since 2012.

Walton, Ollie, blatt, brooks won't want total front office control like Tibbs/JVG

Would love to hire Walton and let him bring that free flowing GSW style of ball

If it's true that Luke is considering staying in GS because of Kerr's health issues, I'd go for it with Brooks in the hopes of making ourselves more attractive for future FAs and going from there, ala E's plan.

I'd prefer a season for B Scott to actually be able to coach and develop the team b4 I place any serious judgement on his coaching...

I understand how important this season was to the franchise as far as profiting as much as they could off of Kobe. Financially this is when the franchise will take a step back unless they draw someone in Free Agency that will sell tickets and jerseys

The FO did a good job looking at everything now. They've drafted pretty decently, especially in the later rounds. Cut cost and shed salary, while still pushing profits thru Kobe... From a business standpoint u can't really ask for much more. Now, is when moves really have to be made and pieces have to fall into place. Give the keys to B Scott and let him and the young core go to work on getting better and developing into a solid team.

I watched the exit interviews as well and I do have some concerns for the maturity of our backcourt. I can kind of see where Nick's influence has kinda rubbed off on those guys and it's somewhat disappointing. Hearing Jordy explain that he didn't know where to start as far as working out and getting better defensively was rough. Like damn man, watch film for one. For two Kobe was a solid perimeter defender early in his career but damn u have the greatest perimeter defender of the previous decade on your squad pick Metta's brain man.... I felt Julius gets it, he truly understands what it takes and he's about his business as far as getting to an elite level of play... I need to see a little bit more on the d'angelo guy but I feel Jordy is an ok starter in the back court but an all star caliber sixth man off the bench. Idk if it's something the team is interested in but I'd consider moving Lou for some depth at the 3 and 5

kobe's 60, crazy farewell game etc. is the best thing that happened this season. the kids now know what it's about. free agents know what they can get in LA. hope it lights a fire under the team!

I'd prefer a season for B Scott to actually be able to coach and develop the team b4 I place any serious judgement on his coaching...

I understand how important this season was to the franchise as far as profiting as much as they could off of Kobe. Financially this is when the franchise will take a step back unless they draw someone in Free Agency that will sell tickets and jerseys

The FO did a good job looking at everything now. They've drafted pretty decently, especially in the later rounds. Cut cost and shed salary, while still pushing profits thru Kobe... From a business standpoint u can't really ask for much more. Now, is when moves really have to be made and pieces have to fall into place. Give the keys to B Scott and let him and the young core go to work on getting better and developing into a solid team.

I watched the exit interviews as well and I do have some concerns for the maturity of our backcourt. I can kind of see where Nick's influence has kinda rubbed off on those guys and it's somewhat disappointing. Hearing Jordy explain that he didn't know where to start as far as working out and getting better defensively was rough. Like damn man, watch film for one. For two Kobe was a solid perimeter defender early in his career but damn u have the greatest perimeter defender of the previous decade on your squad pick Metta's brain man.... I felt Julius gets it, he truly understands what it takes and he's about his business as far as getting to an elite level of play... I need to see a little bit more on the d'angelo guy but I feel Jordy is an ok starter in the back court but an all star caliber sixth man off the bench. Idk if it's something the team is interested in but I'd consider moving Lou for some depth at the 3 and 5
From what the reporters have said, Kobe isn't around the team much besides on game days. He's sitting out of practices, getting treatment, etc.

From what the reporters have said, Kobe isn't around the team much besides on game days. He's sitting out of practices, getting treatment, etc.
Kinda explains the lack of chemistry during games.

Also find that hard to believe since he's known for his work ethic and obsessiveness to get better.

Last edited:

The FO did a good job looking at everything now. They've drafted pretty decently, especially in the later rounds. Cut cost and shed salary, while still pushing profits thru Kobe... From a business standpoint u can't really ask for much more. Now, is when moves really have to be made and pieces have to fall into place. Give the keys to B Scott and let him and the young core go to work on getting better and developing into a solid team

View media item 1998441
Is that you Thomas???

He literally has the worst record in NBA history of any coach with over 1000 games

I rather them let Metta be the head coach

I just think his presence is toxic

Last edited:
kobe with the 8/8 product placement

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15221860/kobe-bryant-gone-now

No reason to dwell in the past. The contract is over.

Draft lottery is the ONLY thing on my mind now.

The post Kobe era starts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom