|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I make it, I'll only be able to stay for the lottery drawing. Can't stay for the game. But it's the ECF, so I'm doing myself a favor.

Nevermind, I see it now.

DeMar DeRozan said he wants to spend his whole career with the Raptors, and he said he’d let teammate Kyle Lowry dictate his free-agent decision.

But sometimes players get caught up in the moment and express loyalty to their team in a way that doesn’t reflect reality.

How does DeRozan really feel?

Stephen A. Smith of ESPN, as transcribed by Ryan Ward of Lakers Nation:

“He’s made it very, very clear that he wants to be in L.A.,” Smith said of DeRozan’s intentions in free agency. “He has family out there. He’s from out there. He wants to be in L.A. He wants to wear the purple and gold, and if there’s a way for it to happen, again he’s restricted, if there’s a way for it to happen, DeMar DeRozan will be in a Los Angeles Lakers uniform next season.”

When DeRozan ops out this summer, he’ll be an unrestricted free agent. So, if you want to dismiss the rest of Smith’s report because he got that fact wrong, I wouldn’t blame you. That might be the prudent approach.

But if Smith got the rest of this right, DeRozan will probably sign with the Lakers.

Eh, SAS. :lol:

:lol: at he's restricted. C'mon man.

Watching combine trying to get my Lakers scout on no Simmons no Buddy no Ingram..agents protecting these lottery guys..

I like Simmons more than Ingram but I don't want to really delegate Julius to the bench and I don't think there's any way we can start both.

If Demarr wants to come that bad let him take a paycut or he can go to the Clippers, he's nice but his shot selection and long range game aren't.

I still think Oladipo can be pretty good it's tough comparing him and clarkson, Vic is better at defense and 3 point shooting IMO but Clarkson can give you buckets in spurts and get to the basket with ease.

Ingram is there at the NBA draft combine but he's only doing interviews with teams.

Reports are saying the Lakers (Mitch & Jim) interviewed him.

Just to recap Steven Smith's trail of hot garbage

-derozan will be a laker
-durant will be a laker
-in light of these free agent signings, Jeanie will clean house and get rid of both jim and mitch
-Dolan will let Phil Jackson out of his deal so he can join the Lakers
-Westbrook will be a laker

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Ingram is there at the NBA draft combine but he's only doing interviews with teams.

Reports are saying the Lakers (Mitch & Jim) interviewed him.
Your right I meant involved in scrimmages..They have buddy dropping to 8..interesting..Hope my boy JJ goes back to UNC he's not ready yet..

-derozan will be a laker
-durant will be a laker
-in light of these free agent signings, Jeanie will clean house and get rid of both jim and mitch

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
gotta love Screamin A Smith..he is usually 90% wrong 10% right..just like the local weatherman

-derozan will be a laker
-durant will be a laker

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

All that sounds good to me. :smokin

Does Julius hooping in the Drew league mean he won't be on the select team? I kind of see why the team has held on to Nick the past couple of seasons tho if they really have interest in Demar

-derozan will be a laker
-durant will be a laker

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
All that sounds good to me.
smokin.gif
Sounds like trash.

That is some Disneyland fantasy stuff, but Bestbrook/DLo at the 1 with D.Roze, KD, Randle sounds amazing.

Only part of that I don't like is Phil forcing the triangle onto all that length and athleticism and mobility.

Does Julius hooping in the Drew league mean he won't be on the select team? I kind of see why the team has held on to Nick the past couple of seasons tho if they really have interest in Demar
I think Julius would hoop in the Drew league when the select team isn't in session. So he'll miss a number of Drew league games. I still need to make it out to one of them games. Has anyone ever gone to a Drew league game?

Where do y'all meet for the draft? I'd like to meet up, if its cool with y'all. Gotta convince the wifey since its our wedding anniversary that day.

Really really like Gary Payton II at the 32nd pick.

6'2" with a 6'8" wingspan
Had 9.3 rebounds per 40 minutes, which is near the top all-time of major school guards as Draft Express explains it.
Quality defender, but just needs to keep consistent effort out there.

Extremely athletic 38.5" max vert. 8th overall in the combine, 3rd PG.

Has a lot of room to grow, especially offensively, and may be an inconsistent player, but the defensive quality + athletic ability is certainly enough to start with, and develop everything later.

Similar strategy to taking Larry Nance Jr. Take a 4 year guy, who provides you with some NBA quality tools Day 1.

Last edited:
I want to get Thon Maker

He's certainly intriguing.

I'd have him behind Gary Payton II because Payton providing something is fairly likely. And a few other guys as well. Who there is more of a likelihood that you'll get something from them.

Thon is a major work in progress, most of the scouting I've read on him says he's a long way from being able to contribute, and likely will need a couple years in the DLeague.

On a not much of a big deal, but could be is the way that 2nd Round Pick Contracts are. If he's 2 years away from even being a bench guy, his 3rd year when he's finally able to contribute anything will be a contract year. That could cause problems cap wise that you can't retain him, and you got almost nothing from him.

On the other hand, it's still a 2nd Round Pick.. If you take a gamble, not a big deal. If I listed 5-6 guys, I'd like at 32, he'd certainly be on it.

Last edited:
Payton II, Bembry, Trimble, Zimmerman, Maker & Stone are really the only guys I care about come 32.

All have a lot of room to grow, and are projects, or else they wouldn't be projects Late 1st to Mid 2nd. First 4 are more easy to project, last 2 are much more harder to project what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom