|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maaaaan I been reading the history of having the 2nd worst losing record and the draft. And it is not good. There most likely will be a lot of depression in here Tuesday.

It's something crazy like in the last 20 years the teams that finish with the 2nd worst record fell out of the top 3 60% of the time and only got the #1 pick like once. And that's when the 76ers got Iverson. Not looking good boys!

I said in the beginning of the year we would lose the pick. I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

Maaaaan I been reading the history of having the 2nd worst losing record and the draft. And it is not good. There most likely will be a lot of depression in here Tuesday.

It's something crazy like in the last 20 years the teams that finish with the 2nd worst record fell out of the top 3 60% of the time and only got the #1 pick like once. And that's when the 76ers got Iverson. Not looking good boys!

I said in the beginning of the year we would lose the pick. I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

You could have waited till after Tuesday to say this :frown:

Edit: I've looked at some lottery and season records. So far, in 1998 the Clippers were #2 worst in the season with 17-65. Denver was 11-71. Clippers ended up getting pick #1 compared to Denver getting #3.

Last edited:
If we get 3rd pick. Do you really think lakeshow gonna get dragon bender?

Insert laker fan pray gif for Tuesday

If we get 3rd pick. Do you really think lakeshow gonna get dragon bender?
350x700px-LL-f4c8659d_30w4ld5.gif

Last edited:
If we get #3 Would it be krazy to draft Dunn to use him as bait to the highest bidder?

Last edited:
Not a fan of drafting for other teams or drafting for bait.

Draft who you need, for you.

I've liked Noel for awhile, but I don't think I would trade a lottery pick for him right now. It would be understandable though.

Edit:

I really wish Skal had been more productive this past season at UK. On paper, he is what the Lakers need in this draft.

Last edited:
With a bit of clarification from pmatic pmatic , here's why the Heat pretty much have to let Whiteside walk.

1. Even if Chris Bosh were to retire, they won't get cap relief this upcoming season, and all signs point to Chris Bosh is going to play next season.

2. If they traded McRoberts (won't be too hard)... The team of Bosh, Dragic, Winslow, Tyler Johnson & Josh Richardson + 5 cap holds gives them a maximum of $45.689mil in cap space to re-sign Wade & Whiteside.

3. They do not have Whiteside's Bird Rights, so his deal has to be done under the cap. He will command $21mil. Riley will not get him to take less. He's a guy who only has $2mil in career earnings at 27. Maybe you can get him to sacrifice $5mil over 5 years, but you are not getting some huge discount on him.

4. They do have Wade's Bird Rights. So they can go over the cap to re-sign him. BUT in order to keep his Bird Right's, they have to hang on to his cap hold. His cap hold is $30mil. So they pretty much have to sign Wade before Whiteside if they wanted to keep him, in order to get off of Wade's cap hold, and open up the required space for Whiteside.

If they're luck Whiteside & Wade is $35mil ($21 HW + $14 DW)

But what is far more likely is $41mil ($21 HW + $20 DW)

That leaves between $4-10mil in cap space, not enough to really get a great player, maybe a quality 6th man.

5. They could open up max cap space if they unload Dragic for nothing. But that's then a team in desperate need of a PG. If you add Mike Conley for Goran Dragic, did you really accomplish much?

Keep Wade, Dragic & Whiteside... Or trade Dragic and keep DW & HW, it's a team that is barely 6 players deep. Cannot win a title with that

So unless Riley wants to sit on the same team for the next few years, he has to let Whiteside walk in order to try and make a big splash.

Last edited:
With a bit of clarification from @PMatic, here's why the Heat pretty much have to let Whiteside walk.

1. Even if Chris Bosh were to retire, they won't get cap relief this upcoming season, and all signs point to Chris Bosh is going to play next season.

2. If they traded McRoberts (won't be too hard)... The team of Bosh, Dragic, Winslow, Tyler Johnson & Josh Richardson + 5 cap holds gives them a maximum of $45.689mil in cap space to re-sign Wade & Whiteside.

3. They do not have Whiteside's Bird Rights, so his deal has to be done under the cap. He will command $21mil. Riley will not get him to take less. He's a guy who only has $2mil in career earnings at 27. Maybe you can get him to sacrifice $5mil over 5 years, but you are not getting some huge discount on him.

4. They do have Wade's Bird Rights. So they can go over the cap to re-sign him. BUT in order to keep his Bird Right's, they have to hang on to his cap hold. His cap hold is $30mil. So they pretty much have to sign Wade before Whiteside if they wanted to keep him, in order to get off of Wade's cap hold, and open up the required space for Whiteside.

If they're luck Whiteside & Wade is $35mil ($21 HW + $14 DW)

But what is far more likely is $41mil ($21 HW + $20 DW)

That leaves between $4-10mil in cap space, not enough to really get a great player, maybe a quality 6th man.

5. They could open up max cap space if they unload Dragic for nothing. But that's then a team in desperate need of a PG. If you add Mike Conley for Goran Dragic, did you really accomplish much?

Keep Wade, Dragic & Whiteside... Or trade Dragic and keep DW & HW, it's a team that is barely 6 players deep. Cannot win a title with that

So unless Riley wants to sit on the same team for the next few years, he has to let Whiteside walk in order to try and make a big splash.
Does Bosh health concerns make him "untradeable"?

Does Bosh health concerns make him "untradeable"?

You would think so. And if he wasn't untradeable, it's pretty damn close

1. He needs to pass a physical
2. If you take him, he plays a few weeks, and then gets blood clots again, he is done for good. And even though he retires, the new team will be stuck on the hook for all the money. Won't count against the cap, but you still gotta pay him around $70mil.

I know you're joking... but you let Wade walk..... Who would come over to that team now?

You will piss off a lot of guys. And if his goal was to get KD, showing a complete lack of loyalty to the Franchise's All-Time Player, after he kept taking less money for you it would really sour guys to the Heat.

Also how attractive is Dragic, Whiteside & Bosh who you don't even know if he can play without possibly having a life threatening trauma?

Last edited:
Wade ain't going nowhere, he's getting that Kobe special off this playoff performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom