|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any moron can post absurd trades, but to expect someone to pay to read this 'expert' crafted trade is despicable. 

Ck7ZhlYVAAEWW4p.jpg

View media item 2068370
Brolic Clarkson.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me some insight into the differences between Marvin Williams and Ingram out of college? I don't know enough about Williams' game to distinguish the two, but they seem pretty close on paper. Their physical profiles are pretty much the same save for 30lbs of weight, Per 40 stats are similar, and both are #2 picks. 

Per 40 
[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]School[/th][th=""]Conf[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]FG[/th][th=""]FGA[/th][th=""]FG%[/th][th=""]2P[/th][th=""]2PA[/th][th=""]2P%[/th][th=""]3P[/th][th=""]3PA[/th][th=""]3P%[/th][th=""]FT[/th][th=""]FTA[/th][th=""]FT%[/th][th=""]TRB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][th=""]STL[/th][th=""]BLK[/th][th=""]TOV[/th][th=""]PF[/th][th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]UNC[/td][td]ACC[/td][td]36[/td][td]800  [/td][td]6.3[/td][td]12.4[/td][td].506[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]10.2[/td][td].522[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]2.2[/td][td].432[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]8.2[/td][td].847[/td][td]11.8[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]20.4[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2015-16[/td][td]Duke    [/td][td]ACC[/td][td]36[/td][td]1246[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]15.5[/td][td].442  [/td][td]4.3[/td][td]9.3 [/td][td]  .464[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]6.3  [/td][td].410[/td][td]3.7 [/td][td]5.5 [/td][td].682 [/td][td]7.8  [/td][td]2.3  [/td][td]1.3 [/td][td]1.6  [/td][td]2.3   [/td][td]2.4[/td][td]20.0[/td][/tr][/table]
Ingram has a larger sample size out of college especially from 3, but is his floor Marvin Williams?

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

Speaking of Marvin Williams, he wouldn't be a bad pick up if we could snatch him from charlotte.
Shot 40% from 3 last year, avg. 1.2 blocks as well. Seems like he would be a good fit for what Walton might want to do. He is a veteran presence in the locker room.
Is probably a bit more attainable than most of the free agents that may be available.

:lol: :lol:

Speaking of Marvin Williams, he wouldn't be a bad pick up if we could snatch him from charlotte.
Shot 40% from 3 last year, avg. 1.2 blocks as well. Seems like he would be a good fit for what Walton might want to do. He is a veteran presence in the locker room.
Is probably a bit more attainable than most of the free agents that may be available.

Would take minutes away from Randle or Nance.

Thats what I'm saying. We can't forget these are still kids. A roster filled with 1st and 2nd year players is no good. And we really can't expect Ingram to start or if he does, we can't expect huge minutes from him year 1. We need to fill this squad with some young vets with quality talent. Talent that is actual attainable to build upon not these astronomical anomalies that I have been hearing in here lately.
Players like Marvin Williams, Jared Dudley, Bazemore, Larkin, Augustin need to start being considered. Are they sexy names?? no, but they are verily cheap outside of maybe Bazemore, serviceable talent that will serve a need while keeping us flexible and moving forward.

If we can get one big signing like Whiteside and add 1 or 2 of those players while keeping some money for next summer, it will be a win in my book.
The team should be primed to make a real jump after this upcoming season hopefully with the growth of the youngin's as well as the huge free agent class next year.

Marvin Williams is a PF. He's not a SF. Hasn't been for a few years. And when he was, he wasn't very good at it.

We have 2 PFs on the team, that need and deserve playing time. You have Randle who is a starter, and will / should get 30 minutes. Then you have Nance, who showed to be a quality bench player. He needs around 15-20. Nance is not good enough to play the 3 for extended periods, and as of right now Julius cannot give you more than a couple minutes at the 5.

So while I get what you're saying.. Marvin Williams does not help the Lakers become better because he either takes time from Randle. Or he completely removes Larry Nance from the rotation.

Because if you're signing Marv to be the starting SF, you're pissing away money.

Last edited:
How funny I just watched the whole 7 game box set this past weekend.....great memories ....amazing series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom