|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to get Whiteside but dude got that "I don't give a ****" attitude. Whoever signs him better have some clauses in that contract. :lol:

Aren't there 2 or 3 Laker season ticket holders in this thread? Did anyone go to that season ticket holder draft night party event at the Lakers El Segundo practice facility ?

I never though I'd see the day where a player would rather meet with the Clippers than the Lakers. :smh:

Well that's what happens when you suck for 3 years in a row, but all it takes is one guy to take the leap. Hopefully that's Whiteside this summer and Westbrook next summer. We can turn this around quickly, just have to be smart.

Sorry guys, but I don't want Westbrook. I understand he's a good player but I don't think he's a good fit for such a young team. He's way too reckless, IMO.

Whiteside would be a great fit in LA.. the few that have aforementioned Westbrook -- I see him signing a monster contract somewhere other than LA next season.. I think they'll take their chances with DLo evolving

Well that's what happens when you suck for 3 years in a row, but all it takes is one guy to take the leap. Hopefully that's Whiteside this summer and Westbrook next summer. We can turn this around quickly, just have to be smart.

Quickly? Lol we just had 3 consecutive historically bad seasons and you're saying we gotta wait another two? That's 5 damn years smh

Quickly? Lol we just had 3 consecutive historically bad seasons and you're saying we gotta wait another two? That's 5 damn years smh

For some teams is takes 50 years to be good again. Just be greatful the Lakers aren't in the position of the sixers or nets.

To get back to contender status, yes it's going to take at least 2 more seasons. Young doesn't win. We need some established stars to expedite the development of the young ones. Besides it's been pretty cyclical in our history that is about 6 years between runs.

Yea man everybody in our core 19-20-21 we have to wait on em. Year 3 is when we should see the jump. But it sucks cuz I don't even consider last year a year of development. So just might have to add a year thanks to Byron

I never though I'd see the day where a player would rather meet with the Clippers than the Lakers. :smh:

It's just the sign of the times. Especially with how the CBA is now after the last nba lockout. Also the pedigree and how superstars are made and think nowadays.Kobe truely was the last alphadog superstar player.And lastly Dr. Buss dying a few years ago really set the Lakers back.

Last edited:
Yea man everybody in our core 19-20-21 we have to wait on em. Year 3 is when we should see the jump. But it sucks cuz I don't even consider last year a year of development. So just might have to add a year thanks to Byron

2 out of the current core players (Randle & Clarkson) really need to step up and show they are worth keeping for the future going forward. Clarkson will be in his 3rd season, Randle his 2nd season. These 2 guys are the biggest question marks and I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch & Jim trade either or both of them after next season if it means getting someone like Westbrook.

If Knicks get a meeting and we don't....that's some **** but then again I want us to focus on realistic targets before they get sign. I think we lost so many of our free agents because we waited

Biyombo, the dominant 23-year-old defender who averaged 6.2 points, 9.4 rebounds, 1.4 blocks and 25.3 minutes in the Raptors’ 20 playoff games, is projected by some to earn as much as $17 million annually on the open market. Because DeRozan has been in Toronto since he was drafted ninth overall in 2007, the Raptors – by way of his Bird Rights – can go over the salary cap to sign DeRozan.
The good news, for DeRozan and the Raptors, is that Biyombo wants to come back. According to a person with knowledge of his situation, he will be patient as Toronto works things out with DeRozan as its top priority. Biyombo will have no shortage of suitors should the Raptors blink long enough to lose DeRozan, but there will be no immediate rush to seize the speediest deal.
As for DeRozan, he has plenty of options on hold as well. The Lakers, who could wind up getting a meeting with DeRozan, in part, because he still resides there during the summer, are widely known to be very interested in making him part of their young core. The Clippers, Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, New York Knicks, and Orlando Magic are also hoping to lure him stateside.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport.../?hootPostID=3b8198a17d3f5ba7ce31b878360fc31e

Why y'all trippin over meetings? So you can get your hopes up, then when he turns us down we can complain. :lol:

Durant ain't leaving OKC. He just wanna hear all these teams stroke his ego some. Most of these dudes know where they're signing before they take any meetings.

I'm good with the young talent we got now and letting these dudes develop together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom