|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

who still mad at kobes last contract?

No one.

In a way how horrible it was just gave us an opportunity to have a better future.

Plus they probably made all 48.5 million back on Kobe's last game day alone in merchandise sales :lol:

Anybody with a brain.

:nerd:  shots fired 

The timing of that did feel like a direct shot though :frown:

They made it to the finals and lost to the better team....

So did byron scott's new jersey nets ..

Did Scott Brooks also have a stretch like Byron's in Cleveland and LA?

His trip to the finals were followed up by three more great showings from his team. The goal was probably championship each of those three years so in that regard they fell short... But it still takes solid coaching to achieve the records and advance the way they did. To me they just got eliminated by better teams every time.

Last edited:
Did Scott Brooks also have a stretch like Byron's in Cleveland and LA?

His trip to the finals were followed up by three more great showings from his team. The goal was probably championship each of those three years so that regard they fell short... But it still takes solid coaching to achieve the records and advance the way they did. To me they just got eliminated by better teams every time.

What makes him a good coach? I'm honestly curious. What is his offensive philosophy? Defensive? What has he accomplished with /without 2/3 of the top players in the league today?

Last edited:
I already gave you a reason why he's a solid coach. Essential gave another reason on the previous page.

Last edited:

That team had 3 players on it who are capable of winning an MVP award, plus Ibaka and Reggie Jackson who got a max contract with another team. Even Byron Scott or Mike Brown would have coached that team to the Finals. His offensive sets or lack thereof were downright embarrassing, especially late in games. He might be the only coach whose offense would be more frustrating to watch than Byron's :lol:

Honestly if I had a gun to my head I'd probably take Brooks over Byron but that's not exactly saying much.

Last edited:
never understood why people got upset at brooks for running isos in the 4th quarter

as if we didnt watch phil let kobe iso to close out games for 15 years 

Seriously, actually watch the guys teams play basketball instead of just listing "accomplishments ", the same accomplishments as Byron scott, and it's not impressive

Scott Brooks wasn't the problem.

How many times do I have to explain that OKC was just the 3rd best team of their time :lol:

They weren't better than Miami or San Antonio during that time. And most importantly of all, untimely injuries Relly messed things up for them.

Media said Scott Brooks was the problem....and it was obviously more simpler than that.

That team had 3 players on it who are capable of winning an MVP award, plus Ibaka and Reggie Jackson who got a max contract with another team. Even Byron Scott or Mike Brown would have coached that team to the Finals. His offensive sets or lack thereof were downright embarrassing, especially late in games. He might be the only coach whose offense would be more frustrating to watch than Byron's
laugh.gif

Honestly if I had a gun to my head I'd probably take Brooks over Byron but that's not exactly saying much.
Harden is not, in any way, shape or form... a legitimate MVP candidate.

Stop it.

Harden is not, in any way, shape or form... a legitimate MVP candidate.

Stop it.

This year he wasn't... but last year? As legitimate as it gets. Absolutely carried his injury depleted team to the WCF. He was awesome last year.

Unless you meant the Harden on OKC version, in which case you are absolutely right.

Last edited:
Seriously, actually watch the guys teams play basketball instead of just listing "accomplishments ", the same accomplishments as Byron scott, and it's not impressive

You don't have to pull your "if you actually watched" card here. I did watch and follow them - just cause I have a different opinion doesn't mean I didn't watch :lol:

My opinion is just that he's a solid coach. I'm not even trying to toot his horn that much.

What's different than Byron? He has a winning record and made the playoffs a majority of the time. Those aren't exactly impressive "accomplishments" but I think they're enough to show he's a solid coach. And a solid coach can do a lot more good for the Lakers than someone like Byron Scott.

And I don't buy that the success was just because of pure talent. It takes some coaching and management from Brooks to be that good for that long. It also takes some ability to make that team good in the first place (2009-10), with five recently drafted players, some of which really didn't look like they could fit together in the early days.

He has his faults. Iso-heavy offense (which hasn't changed since he left...), Kendrick Perkins. I can see why someone wouldn't want him. But his career can't really be lumped together with Byron's - it's been different and I think it shows he has much more to offer, especially in the Lakers' current situation.

It's not exactly shooting for the moon, but I'd be open to seeing if he can do his 09-10 job with this team.

Last edited:

No one.

In a way how horrible it was just gave us an opportunity to have a better future.

Plus they probably made all 48.5 million back on Kobe's last game day alone in merchandise sales :lol:

Anybody with a brain.

:nerd:  shots fired 

The timing of that did feel like a direct shot though :frown:

No shot at all, promise. I'm on mobile, just scrolling by and saw his question. You know my stance on 48.5, hasn't changed one damn bit.

That contract was never a good thing, ever. We could have been rebuilt already without it.

Even if/when we pull Ingram or Ben, etc, that will help ease my anger over the contract someday, but that much money to an aging, broken player is one of the dumbest moves in history.

Scott Brooks wasn't the problem.

How many times do I have to explain that OKC was just the 3rd best team of their time :lol:

They weren't better than Miami or San Antonio during that time. And most importantly of all, untimely injuries Relly messed things up for them.

Media said Scott Brooks was the problem....and it was obviously more simpler than that.

I never said injuries didn't come into play or that Miami/San Antonio weren't better teams or that Brooks was the only reason they didn't win a title. But none of that means he's a good coach. If you watched that team while he was there and came away thinking they were well-coached, then nothing I say will convince you that they weren't.

Likewise, I've yet to hear anyone bring up a reason why he is a good coach other than he made the finals. A good product doesn't always mean a good process/good coaching. Les Miles has been very successful in college football but he is not at all a good gameday coach; he just usually has more talent than the other team. Same with Scott. Or to hit closer to home, we all saw Mike Brown make the finals and win 60+ games 2 years in a row with Lebron, and then we all saw how bad of a coach he actually was on the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom