|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither prospectives are wrong, some want guys who are proven and elite right now, and some are wlling to wait and see if we have that guy now, but I just hope they acknowledge that it's possible that none of these guys ever reach that level, that's all.

Just respect LTB's opinion on how he wants his team to improve, don't have to be condescending with your response. Nobody in here is more elite than anyone else, we all basically just shooting the ****.
True I get what you and LTB are saying. But.....
In 3-4 years when DLo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson reach 22-23-24-25 years old, Bron will be 34-35. Dirk, Duncan, KG gone. Wade will be 35-36. Melo 35-36. Durant-Russ 32-33. CP3 will be 33+.

Our core will be ready to truly blossom and the elites will be Kawhi, AD, Kat+Wiggins, possibly the GS core still and I'm sure a couple others.

That's without us adding a single FA. Add a couple, we're even deeper, and more prepared.

This isn't about just winning one more in the next couple years.
But I just think this makes a lot more sense. Competitive now, then go into contenders eventually.

As opposed to maybe contenders now with not much in the future.

Just basic it down. Forget about *maybe* we get Russ next year.

It takes #2, DLo Nance and Clarkson PLUS future picks to get Paul George.

You have George + Randle. Then whoever you can get.

Or

You can have all the kids and add DeRozan/Batum/Horford/Whiteside/Conley/Barnes/Ezeli/Parsons (pick 2 or 3) and keep all future picks.

People think giving all that up for just Paul George is worth it? A 41% shooter with a higher usage rate than DeRozan? Who missed an entire season already with a destroyed leg.

Then hope Russ leaves his team to join PG?

That's the "plan"?

In 3-4 years when DLo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson reach 22-23-24-25 years old, Bron will be 34-35. Dirk, Duncan, KG gone. Wade will be 35-36. Melo 35-36. Durant-Russ 32-33. CP3 will be 33+.

Our core will be ready to truly blossom and the elites will be Kawhi, AD, Kat+Wiggins, possibly the GS core still and I'm sure a couple others.

That's without us adding a single FA. Add a couple, we're even deeper, and more prepared.

You hope they will be. Cause just as LTB may not know how good they'll be, neither do you.

And GS def considered trading Curry back a few years ago and Klay for Dwight seriously until Jerry West talked them off the ledge.

And how's that workin out?????????

Umm you're assuming that FAs sign here with the young guys, that's as much pie as my hope Russ signs here. It's just as likely we go into next season without a single good FA and all the kids and we'll be right back in the top 3 worst teams next season.

If it comes down to PG + one of the young guys or just the young guys, I'm taking PG + the young guy.

the only reason we would trade away our young core and assets for players like DMC, Butler, PG etc would be because they are established all stars and keeping our players and hoping they develop into all stars is a gamble and a risk. They can end up being Mike Conley type 2nd tier players or stars, we really don't know and it's too early to tell.

Add to that the fact that fickle impatient Lakers fans want stars and keep photoshopping Lakers jersey on every superstar out there. smh

I wouldn't be surprised if management rushes into things and trades it all away.

Last edited:

You hope they will be. Cause just as LTB may not know how good they'll be, neither do you.

And GS def considered trading Curry back a few years ago and Klay for Dwight seriously until Jerry West talked them off the ledge.

And how's that workin out?????????

How's the FA signings by Jim and Jeanie working out the last few years?

How will it work out this year??

How will it work out next year??

Just as many WHO KNOWS or LOL's to your scenarios as their are to mine.

Last edited:
Funny though you guys hate when people are condescending to ya'll but someone have an opinion that differs from yours and you quick to throw out the insults.

All good tho man.

This is friendly Lakers/Basketball debate. I aint taking it personally (i used to, i know, but i know its not personal now).

Yeah i see ya'll on Twitter throwing those subliminal insults about our in-thread discussion here.
All good. I see ya'll tho. :nerd:

Last edited:
Umm you're assuming that FAs sign here with the young guys, that's as much pie as my hope Russ signs here. It's just as likely we go into next season without a single good FA and all the kids and we'll be right back in the top 3 worst teams next season.

If it comes down to PG + one of the young guys or just the young guys, I'm taking PG + the young guy.
So you honestly think no free agents will come here? Why did free agents go to Portland?

Not asking for the top guys, just actual NBA players. 

If you can't see why this year's free agency will be different from the last 2 years I don't know what to tell you.

So you honestly think no free agents will come here? Why did free agents go to Portland?

Not asking for the top guys, just actual NBA players. 

If you can't see why this year's free agency will be different from the last 2 years I don't know what to tell you.

Cause you have to field a roster man and people are free agents.

I'll have to actually see impact guys (Derozan doesn't count) sign here before I believe it.

We'll get to see first hand if the Kobe excuse has validity. Jim and Mitch have been a proverbial joke from all accounts when it's come to preparedness and pitches, we'll have to see if it changes.

One thing that hasn't changed, the team is still very bad, we have cap space, and it's Los Angeles.

I didn't know I wrote for Bleacher Report :lol:

IF PG is available, you TRY.

They ask for too much then you walk its whatever, but you try to build a package that will entice them.

To me, Randle aint it, so if they want him, solely, with the Pick you shake their hand and run for the hills

Randle + Clarkson + Pick is also a no-brainer for PG type talent

D'lo + (Randle) + Pick would be very hard to give up honestly but i think it deserves serious consideration

I didn't know I wrote for Bleacher Report :lol:

They ask for too much then you walk its whatever, but you try to build a package that will entice them.

To me, Randle aint it, so if they want him, solely, with the Pick you shake their hand and run for the hills

D'lo + (Randle) + Pick would be very hard to give up honestly but i think it deserves serious consideration

Thank you.
Even if you dont agree with everything i said, at least you're open minded.

Never "asinine" to me, to open up your mind to considering other ideas even if you dont agree.

Some people see the pros and cons of what Mamba and I sayin, but some just see it as complete stupidity not worth even discussing.
Thats the difference between some of us i suppose.

I mean, if you think no one is coming with 60 mil in cap space...... *shrugs*

Somebody takin that money. It ain't just gonna be draft picks out there next year. Somebody gettin paid.

So yeah, expecting FA's to sign not as delirious as hopin Russ comes.

Somebody takin that money. It ain't just gonna be draft picks out there next year. Somebody gettin paid.

Of course someone will take the
Money.

But will it be anyone who will
Make a lick of difference as far as competing for a chip?

We'll see prophet

Reading comprehension. "IMPACT GUYS" will not come this summer. If course players are going to come (as did Lou and Bass) did last summer, but they didn't exactly move the needle did they?

Derozan is not one of those guys, either.

I just want to put a competitive product on the floor again...

there is also 0% guarantee that the young pieces we have even FIT with each other seeing as (Randle, "Simmons", Dlo and Clarkson) so damn ball dominant and are streaky AT best shooters.

In Luke's system only D'lo truly fits and Nance slightly.

We could be awful for a long time.

Last edited:

I didn't know I wrote for Bleacher Report
laugh.gif

Thank you.
Even if you dont agree with everything i said, at least you're open minded.

Never "asinine" to me, to open up your mind to considering other ideas even if you dont agree.

Some people see the pros and cons of what Mamba and I sayin, but some just see it as complete stupidity not worth even discussing.
Thats the difference between some of us i suppose.
I get what all of you are saying. 

I think the main difference is that you guys actually think you can build a championship team in one or two years and some of us are conceding the next few years in hopes to be contending for the next 5-7 years after that.

I'm good with fighting for a playoff spot for the next two years then hopefully making the jump.

I just want to put a competitive product on the floor again...

there is also 0% guarantee that the young pieces we have even FIT with each other seeing as (Randle, "Simmons", Dlo and Clarkson) so damn ball dominant and are streaky AT best shooters.

In Luke's system only D'lo truly fits and Nance slightly.

We could be awful for a long time.
So trading 3 of those guys for a non superstar is gonna change that?

the process to be good is wayyyy more pressurized in LA then say Minny or Philly.

The front office has to make a splash to jumpstart the franchise.

the process to be good is wayyyy more pressurized in LA then say Minny or Philly.

They've got to do something to save their jobs, which is why I think all this smoke has a whiff of merit.

They've got to do something to save their jobs, which is why I think all this smoke has a whiff of merit.
Which is one of my concerns. 

Trying to make a splash and trying to save your job isn't a good way to build a team, ask the Nets. 

This "let the young's grow" just isn't feasible.

Front office can't wait

**** most fans can't wait.

If the RIGHT trade is out there you consider it.

and PG is without question a STAR, a Top 10 player RIGHT NOW, and a pillar for the next 7-8 years.

This "let the young's grow" just isn't feasible.

Front office can't wait

**** most fans can't wait.

If the RIGHT trade is out there you consider it.

and PG is without question a STAR, a Top 10 player RIGHT NOW, and a pillar for the next 7-8 years.

Thats what were saying.

Sure, if you a GM with 20 years of job security right now and all the time in the world... take the Danny Ainge approach.

Mitch and Jim dont got 20 years. They got 1-2, before Jim steps down (supposedly... he said he would himself).

Theyre going to make something happen.
They aint interested in CP's approach.

Whether mamba and I are asinine or not, we discussing all this under the understanding that Mitch fells pressured to win QUICKLY. Not long term.

Will his moves, trades, acquisitions mean guaranteed success? of course not.
But hes going to try. He aint going to let Russell and Randle control the destiny of his career on their own, thats pretty much the only guarantee here.

after we get PG, If we can hang on to one of Clarkson or D'lo then Nance plus maybe Black and #32 I'd be more than happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom