LOCK. GO TO OFFSEASON THREAD, THANKS!

IMO I think Draymond earned himself a friggin starting spot man.

I hope he wants to stay with us when his rookie contract is up.....

edit: what's up with HBarnes though? He regressed sooo much. he kinda showed up for the playoffs - is his confidence really that shot?

Last edited:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Report: Golden State Warriors Interested in Steve Kerr and Stan Van Gundy

By Adam Fromal , National NBA Featured Columnist May 6, 2014

Tweet

212 Shares

Next ARTICLE »
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories

Report: Golden State Warriors Interested in Steve Kerr and Stan Van Gundy

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Reads

Comments

Mark Jackson better get ready to apply some ice to his derriere.

The chair he's sitting on is getting so hot that it might be capable of causing third-degree burns at this point, especially after a loss to the Los Angeles Clippers in Game 7 of a memorable first-round series. And even though he's still actually in that chair, the Golden State Warriors are already looking into other options.

Per ESPN.com's Mark Stein:

Two coaching names known to interest Golden State greatly, sources say, are Steve Kerr and Stan Van Gundy. I find it equally tough to picture Kerr turning Phil Jackson down now, as far as Kerr's dalliance with the Knicks has gone, so look for the Warriors to explore the SVG option hard if (when?) Jackson's reign is brought to an end.

Kerr's name has been an intriguing one for a while now, and he's made no effort to hide his desires to end up in the coaching ranks. Luring him away from the New York Knicks would indeed be tough, but it's also rather intriguing to picture him giving some pointers to Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson.

Every great shooter can learn something from another one, after all, and Kerr was quite the perimeter marksman during his playing days.

Van Gundy is an interesting case as well, simply because it's been a while since he threw on a suit and paced an NBA sideline. He last did so during the lockout-shortened 2011-12 campaign, and the public-relations disaster that was Dwight Howard ultimately did him in.

Michael Conroy/Associated Press

He's been pursued since then, but as he stated on on The David Baumann Show prior to the 2013-14 campaign, he wasn't interested in rejoining the Association in a coaching capacity:

As you get down the road more and the longer you are out, the harder it is to get back in and that was certainly a difficult part of the decision process for me because it’s certainly something that I miss and don’t want to close the door on for the rest of my life, but, it is not right now anyway, in the best interest of my family, so it won’t be next year.

It's no longer "next year."

Well, it is for eight teams, but that's beside the point. We're talking about the Dubs, who are already thinking about their offseason plans now that their shot at the Larry O'Brien Trophy has withered away into nothingness.

There's no telling how SVG's family situation has changed, but he hasn't officially ruled out a return for 2014-15. And if a job opens up in the Bay Area, that could be a nice landing spot for him.

Despite the support of his players—Stephen Curry most of all—Jackson is still on the wrong end of a growing rift with the franchise's management. As Stein writes, "Comparisons have been drawn between Jackson and Lionel Hollins, who was let go in Memphis after last season's trip to the conference finals largely because the Grizzlies' new owners wanted to work with a more collaborative coach."

But ultimately, Jackson is still the man in charge of Golden State...for the time being.

Given the emergence of these candidates, it's hard to see him remaining in the chair for too much longer. It's bound to get too hot before we're very far into the NBA's official offseason.

can someone explain the riff with him? I mean you got front office folks turning his assistant into a mole.....never seen anything like this 

Welp, I won't be supporting the Warriors anymore.
They are making a huge mistake.
Why was he fired? I really thought they were building something special.

Last edited:
http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/jackson-relieved-duties-20140506

May 6, 2014

Warriors Relieve Head Coach Mark Jackson of His Duties

The Golden State Warriors have relieved Head Coach Mark Jackson of his duties, the team announced today. Jackson, who recently completed his third season as head coach of the team, guided the Warriors to a 51-31 record this season and a combined 121-109 record (.526) during his tenure in the Bay Area. Jackson was named the 24th head coach in the team's West Coast history on June 6, 2011.

“It’s never easy to make a decision of this nature,” said General Manager Bob Myers. “Mark has accomplished many good things during his three years with the organization, including his role in helping elevate this team into a better position than it was when he arrived nearly 36 months ago. We’re appreciative of his dedication and commitment since his arrival and are extremely grateful for his contributions. However, as an organization, we simply feel it’s best to move in a different direction at this time.”

“Mark Jackson has had a big impact on the improvement of our team and the success that we’ve had over the last couple of years,” said Owner & CEO Joe Lacob. “Nonetheless, we must make some difficult decisions in our day-to-day operations of the club and this would certainly qualify as one of those examples. We wish Mark the best of luck in his future endeavors and thank him for his contributions over the last three years.”

Jackson, 49, became just the third head coach in franchise history to lead a team to at least 50 wins in a season, joining Don Nelson and Alvin Attles, who both posted 50-win seasons twice with the Warriors. With 121 regular-season victories overall, Jackson ranks fourth on the franchise’s all-time wins list, trailing Attles (557), Nelson (422) and Eddie Gottlieb (263). Additionally, the 98 regular-season wins posted over the last two seasons (51 in 2013-14 & 47 in 2012-13) represent the Warriors best two-year stretch since the team posted 99 victories combined in the 1990-91 (44) and 1991-92 (55) seasons, which was also the last time Golden State made consecutive postseason appearances.

Back
Top Bottom