LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by RoOk

IMO Darron Thomas reminds me of a bigger, faster version of Dennis Dixon so i see this as almost being a blessing in disguise
I wouldn't give Darron the edge on speed over Dennis. Darron is however, bigger, like you mentioned. Darron isn't quite the runner that Dennis sort of was. Dennis could have ran a lot, but I think he learned to use it only as an escape as opposed to relying on it too much, which can happen. 
I think Darron still needs to work on his passing mechanics, but I think he'll do great things when he gets a greater handle of the offense. People talk about this year being a good year, look out in 2011 when we'll have what will most likely be a seasoned Darron Thomas, LaMichael James, Lache Seastrunk, Diante Jackson, Tyrece Gains, Curtis White, and other great skill position players.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spo...etter-of-intent-lane-kiffin-ncaa-hearing.html[/h1]
[h1]USC football: Top recruit Seantrel Henderson reportedly will sign this week[/h1]
March 15, 2010 | 12:32pm

Seantrel Henderson, an offensive lineman from Minnesota who announced that he would attend USC but then held off signing a letter of intent, will sign with the Trojans this week, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

The 6-foot-8, 335-pound Henderson was regarded as perhaps the top player nationally in the 2010 recruiting class.

In February, he announced on national television that he had chosen USC. Later that night, however, his father said he would not officially commit to the Trojans until after USC went before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions.

The hearing was held in late February in Arizona. A decision about possible sanctions is expected in late April or May.

-- Gary Klein

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/03/usc-football-seantrel-henderson-recruiting.html

pimp.gif

John Clay is a problem.

I would NEVER wanna have to tackle that boy 1 on 1 if I'm an undersized corner.
laugh.gif

911 call of the Masoli/Embry burglary

http://www.youtube.com/v/Eyap-FePk-...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/Eyap-FePk-...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/Eyap-FePk-...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/Eyap-FePk-...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Caller: There were two men, one's name is Garrett Embry and the other was Masoli.

911 Operator: Who was the other one?

Caller: Masoli. I'm not...(friend in background: "Jeremiah Masoli") Jeremiah Masoli. (Friend in background: "He %+%+%%# stole your computer?")

911 Operator: OK, can you spell his last name?

Caller: Garrett Embry and Jeremiah Masoli.

911 Operator: Can you spell Jeremiah's last name?

Caller: M-a-s-o-l-i. Like the football player.

straight lulz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Unbelievable that the 911 operator didnt know who Masoli was.
Even if she knew who he was, she would still have to act clueless and ask all of those questions. That's dispatcher protocol.

There have been a number of recent developments in the football program and football recruiting. Just to get it all in one place, here they are:

-- We’re hearing that, as of now, freshman OL Stan Hasiak will return to the team from suspension. Hasiak was suspended indefinitely back in December for disruptive behavior and it looked pretty likely he wasn’t going to return to the team. He and his family asked the program to give him another chance and Hasiak, over the course of the last couple of months, made a concerted effort to reform his behavior. From what we’ve heard, spring practice will be a big test for him, to see if he can get through it without incident.

-- There is the potential for a quarterback at another program to transfer into UCLA. That’s just about all we know, and we’ll keep you updated on any more details.

-- Christian Ramirez will move from running back to his original position, safety, for spring.

-- Speaking of quarterbacks, prospect Stephen Rivers is supposed to be visiting campus officially this week. Rivers, the 6-6, 200-pounder from Athens (Ala.) High, is one of a few quarterbacks UCLA has offered in the 2011 class so far. He’s the younger brother of Phillip Rivers, who Norm Chow coached. It’s not believed Rivers is prepared to verbally commit, but the visit will be a huge boost for UCLA’s chances, obviously.

-- Evan Crower, the quarterback committed to Stanford, is supposed to visit UCLA unofficially.

-- The #1 defensive end in the nation -- and perhaps the #1 prospect overall -- Jadeveon Clowney, is supposed to visit unofficially sometime in the next couple of weeks.

-- There is some talk that an elite JC wide receiver who would be eligible to enroll this fall, Kenbrell Thompkins, could visit UCLA.

-- Also, still on quarterbacks: starter Kevin Prince, who is now 230 pounds, recently ran a 4.53 in the 40, which is considerably fast, and not just for a quarterback.

Spring rosters were released today for Michigan. If you look at the past 2 OL's they have all looked very thin. Barwis does get rid of all the "bad"weight and then build up their bodies quite well. Last year only 3 guys were over 290lbs at the start of the season (Moosman,Schilling and Dorrenstein) and this year there are 7 already with 3 more within a stones throw.

Thank the GD lord.

I was so sick of seeing our OL getting blown off the line because they just didn't have much in their backside. I know these guys can all move and now to have damn near 300 on them, is going to help out so much.

Hearing that Forcier actually looks like a college athlete physically and not a 4th grader.

Originally Posted by tmay407

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Even if she knew who he was, she would still have to act clueless and ask all of those questions. That's dispatcher protocol.
Yes, and yes.

Originally Posted by tmay407

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ah, didn't know that.

Thanks Newbs.  I don't have Scout or Rivals insider anymore so keep it coming when necessary.

And did you ever go out balls blazing regarding Tom Beaver?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by RoOk

IMO Darron Thomas reminds me of a bigger, faster version of Dennis Dixon so i see this as almost being a blessing in disguise
I wouldn't give Darron the edge on speed over Dennis. Darron is however, bigger, like you mentioned. Darron isn't quite the runner that Dennis sort of was. Dennis could have ran a lot, but I think he learned to use it only as an escape as opposed to relying on it too much, which can happen. 
I think Darron still needs to work on his passing mechanics, but I think he'll do great things when he gets a greater handle of the offense. People talk about this year being a good year, look out in 2011 when we'll have what will most likely be a seasoned Darron Thomas, LaMichael James, Lache Seastrunk, Diante Jackson, Tyrece Gains, Curtis White, and other great skill position players.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thats my son.
go way back with dude. 

Interesting stuff regarding the sworn testimonies in the Leach/James case...

Craig James PR Firm Blogged Using ‘Pseudonyms’
Posted by Brooks on Mar. 14, 2010, 3:27pm

On Jan. 10 I reported that Craig James hired Dallas-based public relations firm Spaeth Communications before he went public to complain about Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach’s treatment of his son Adam.

Adam James Video From Spaeth Communication

That followed a Jan. 8 piece I wrote about the James-hired p.r. firm, which was the architect of the “Swiftboat

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Thanks Newbs.  I don't have Scout or Rivals insider anymore so keep it coming when necessary.

And did you ever go out balls blazing regarding Tom Beaver?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Nope. Waiting to get my notice that my scrip is up. I have gotten the last month free, so when I get that, he gets his. 

Basically they're saying Adam James admitted under oathhe was never ordered into an electrical room and that he went in thereon his own to shoot the video and then told his parents Leach lockedhim in there... Then Craig James hired a PR Firm to advise them andhelp get this story out and manipulate information that was beingreleased...
indifferent.gif

so LEACH got fired cause adam james is a baby back $*%$*?
thats whats hot in the streets?
fake snitchin, faking seizures during your teams bowl game, using your annoying #+% pops to create a media frenzy, and then admit you made it all up.
leach was that dude, hopefully he can still get a job after this %*#!$!#$.

Back
Top Bottom