LOCK!!! NEW THREAD IS OPEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good posts.

I think it's about a foregone conclusion that if Embid is cleared that the Cavs will just do it. I'm still just waiting on who the next coach will be. I'm sure they will wanna hire someone well before the draft so they can at least have somewhat of a say. Definitely don't think they enter the draft without a coach. That's the first thing they need to take care of.

Also I'm curious if Gilbert will lobby for Wiggins based on the athleticism and the big play potential to go along with Kyrie. They know they can't afford to mess up. Embid won't get the fans excited, but at the end of the day the Cavs just need to start winning games.

As of right now I fully expect Joel Embid to be a Cavalier. I personally prefer Wiggins but I'm content with Embid.

In other news:

The Cleveland Cavaliers might not offer Kyrie Irving a maximum contract offer because they believe he will not accept, according to a report.

The Cavaliers reportedly do not want to look bad if Irving would decline the deal.

Irving is eligible to sign a new contract with the Cavaliers this offseason.

This could end up being one of the best offseasons in Cavs history if they could somehow get both Wiggins and LBJ

Last edited:
I don't think irving deserves a max contract

I think the thing people aren't comprehending is that Kyrie Irving is a Cavalier until the Summer of 2016 when he would be an unrestricted FA.

Just because they can offer him the max doesn't mean they have to.

Maybe Kyrie wants to see what they do, and the Cavs can offer him the max in the Summer of 2015.

It is not the end of the world if Irving is not offered the max. If he is offered the max and declines then we may have a problem.

BUT

The Cavs would have a good year or 2 to figure it out.

No need to rush.

Joel Embid expected to be in Cleveland in the coming days for a workout.

Both sides are of the understanding that he is 100%.

Where you at @belle155

Shocked you didn't make an appearance after the lotto.

Last edited:
Bruhhhhhh Parker must have been dribbling a basketball non stop since the mercer loss, he looks wiggins athletic with those dunks and footspeed is A1 man was just nasty, after that idk about this whole group i think bari has to be a front runner after watching both workouts we honestly couldnt go wrong with either jabari or embiid, bari apparently was 15 pounds overweight at duke and we havent seen him in tip top condition, in his workout he was bouncing everywhere like a pinball, embiid is just a athletic monster, both are good choices.

Last edited:
Rumor has it kyrie and TT may end up going to philly for the 3rd and 10th pick, and we would have a potential waiters, smart/stauskas , parker/wiggins, varejao, embiid lineup. That, is crazy

Man, just think about it, they may push trading irving when the draft happens if he decides to not sign the potential extension stay one last season and opt out, and that may happen since cleveland may not offer him the max contract. I would rather him get traded then lose him to free agency with nothing in return

There's no way that happens. Team is pushing for a playoff spot and now they suddenly trade their no. 1 player for picks? bogus

It's been proven the cavs are better on defense with just waiters starting and kyrie is just gonna dribble himself into a double team like he did most of last season. Until he learns how to play defense and distribute the ball at appropriate times, i do not see this team making the playoffs anytime soon unfortunately.

Your point is very extreme. Dion may be a better defender than Kyrie, but he is by no means a defensive stalwart. He is also prone to being a ball-hog like Kyrie. It's not like just by having Dion on the lineup and Kyrie out, Cavs are suddenly gonna become really good. They both have their pros and cons in the game, and that is why we need a capable coach to integrate all that to make it work.

Getting rid of Kyrie is not gonna solve the problem. He is a valuable player with a star potential. Yes he needs to cut down over-dribbling, but he has shown that he can learn to choose his moment to whether attack or distribute, especially as the season progressed. In fact, it is very short-sighted to suggest that Cavs are not gonna be a playoff team as long as Kyrie is around. He's still only 22 yrs old with exceptional skills but also a room to grow. Let him learn. Cavs need to develop and nurture what they have, not overhaul the entire team in several years cycle.

Kyrie needs a coach with a decent system who he trusts and then they'll become a decent team. Without that he could just be Westbrook on a bad day.

Joel Embiid plans to visit with the Cavaliers in the next couple days.

He does NOT plan on visiting with any other team.

Welp.

Last edited:
Let's see what the team doctors have to say about Embiid's health. If he comes out 100% healthy, then I have no problem with him getting drafted.

I don't either I guess, but back problems scare me regardless if he is medically cleared. It obviously has affected him the past. Plus him being 7 feet tall doesn't help along with the pressure of being #1. Obviously if he is indeed 100% and the Cavs do clear him then I'll feel better about it, but it still seems like such a risk.

Idk man. Picking #1 is harder than it looks :lol:

I can see any of the "Big 3" of the draft going #1 honestly.

There is definitely no clear cut dude. regardless of what everyone is saying.

Chris Grant is gone thank god because he'd probably take Dante Exum for the hell of it.

Cavs draft has a history of trying to hit a home run and often coming up with less than great results. I hope this time around they use a common sense and draft the overall best prospect. Whether that's Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker remains to be seen, but it'll get clearer as we near the draft.

They need to get a coach.

Expecting to have someone be named HC in the next week or 2. We can't get a week away from draft night without a coach.

They need to get a coach.

Expecting to have someone be named HC in the next week or 2. We can't get a week away from draft night without a coach.

I like the idea of Lionel Hollins and his terrifying fingers to step in....

also, the thought of Cavs trading Kyrie and Tristan is just laughable.... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom