LOCK!!! NEW THREAD IS OPEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embiid hasn't been in Cleveland yet. He's expected to be here in the next few days for a workout and a physical evaluation

As for coaching I heard that Adrian Griffin and Lue were both impressive in their interviews but man im not trying to see either of them coaching the Cavs.

Then I read that the Cavs most likely WONT have a coach by the draft and I just think that's ridiculous.

Dan Gilbert has really shown his true colors these last couple years. He's looking like an amateur owner who just seems lost.

Last edited:
Then I read that the Cavs most likely WONT have a coach by the draft and I just think that's ridiculous.

what??? they can't be serious man... How can you not have one of the most important personnel and go into one of the most important event of the team in recent years?

Dunno what's taking so damn long to hire a coach either. Didn't they learn from their experience with Brown that they need a coach who can actually demand respect from the players and lead them? They don't need a rookie coach who learns his job on the fly. They need a proven coach (preferably offensive minded one) who can show the team a clear direction and a goal.

Come on, just hire George Karl already!!

And didn't i tell yall the cavs would put up kyrie for some draft picks lol

Not gonna happen.

They want to get better immediately.

Trading your franchise player for draft picks is out of the equation

Give it a rest.

Different GMs, still same attitude from Cavs. I guess Dan Gilbert is the real culprit behind all these? I wonder how much power GMs really have for Cavs

Cavs new coach to be introduced within the next 10 days.

Team has talked to one coach that the media doesn't know about. Karl? College coach?

At least they are going to hire a coach before the draft. Thank god. If they had interviewed Karl, we would have heard about it. Something tells me it's gonna be a surprise.

you watch the vid? legit got me excited...

I'm confident in him... and like I've said before I don't expect an all-star player... just a solid contributor for years to come.

that's my expectation. 14 and 8 all day next season.

DAN GILBERT IS A COMPLETE EMBARRASSMENT TO US ALL!!!!!!!

David Griffin apparently had NO CLUE that the Cavs offered Calipari a deal.

Are you ******* kidding me???

YOU WROTE A STUPID *** LETTER.

YOU WILL HAVE A 4TH NEW HEAD COACH IN 5 YEARS.

YOU HAVE A 2ND GM NOW.

THIS MAN IS A JOKE!!!

HE NEEDS TO DROP AN N BOMB IMMEDIATELY.

LOL wow really?

Gilbert is one slimy bastard if that's true. How can an owner not let his GM be aware of the coach situation?

And I get the feeling he is also after a big-name coach, regardless of his coaching skill. I think Calipari is a great recruiter, but I doubt his coaching ability. Last 2 years, Calipari failed to bring his team together during regular seasons, and players were not always under his control.

Cavs need somebody who has a clear direction and is respected by players and others around him. They can't let another clash between Kyrie and Dion to happen.

I fear that they will eventually settle for a coach who is somewhat big-name with questionable coaching skill, like Del Negro or something. Worse yet, Gilbert is sure to throw ******** of money, and will fire the guy after one year if things don't pan out again.

DAN GILBERT IS A COMPLETE EMBARRASSMENT TO US ALL!!!!!!!

David Griffin apparently had NO CLUE that the Cavs offered Calipari a deal.

Are you ******* kidding me???

YOU WROTE A STUPID *** LETTER.

YOU WILL HAVE A 4TH NEW HEAD COACH IN 5 YEARS.

YOU HAVE A 2ND GM NOW.

THIS MAN IS A JOKE!!!

HE NEEDS TO DROP AN N BOMB IMMEDIATELY.

:stoneface:

I'm just so appalled.

This is what happens when you give a Michigan guy a Ohio job.

FAILURE.

I GUARANTEE A TITLE BEFORE THE "SELF-PROCLAIMED KING"

OH REALLY?

HES ABOUT TO 3 PEAT AND WE CANT EVEN WIN HALF OUR GAMES!!

We all knew there was no way Cavs could win a championship before LeBron though :lol:

I just wanna see some patience and long-term planning from the team. getting multiple lottery picks doesn't equal instant playoff bound team. Dan Gilbert has to realize this... it might be too late now though.

Trust me I know, but at the end of the day someone in his camp should have never let that letter go public.

It was just so stupid and he looked like a giant tool.

Doesn't help that the team is going into Year 5 without a playoff appearance, with yet another coach and #1 pick.

Just seems like every offseason he tries to make a splash and literally fails every time :lol: :smh:

I just feel like he is so lost and literally has no idea what he's doing ..... he hasn't proven anything as an owner.

He came into a great situation and once that situation went south (literally) he just seems like he's searching for answers but not finding anything.

Oh well.

Mark Price is apparently interviewing tomorrow.

Wasn't Mark Price a shooting coach for some team? But I would back him up if he became a coach for the team because point guards tend to become a good coach.

He's been an assistant at HS, College and in the nba - technically he was always an assistant coach but he was primarily there to improve shooters (eg Rondo) and FTs for the team. He was at Denver, Atlanta, GSW, Orlando and Charlotte.

I feel like he wouldn't be a bad choice - but I fear that it's maybe just nostalgia talking.

He's actually reconstructing his shot THIS offseason...but damn if he gets the job mid construction then mkg jumper will forever be trash lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom