Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

I think his experience as a player under good coaches and being a successful point guard could honestly squeeze more wins over Smart. Then again with his rotations and game plans, shouldn't be too hard.

I think his experience as a player under good coaches and being a successful point guard could honestly squeeze more wins over Smart. Then again with his rotations and game plans, shouldn't be too hard.

They need to get a coach who'll show our bigs how to play like bigs. I have my doubts Jackson can do that. He'll just keep telling Biedrins that he's "better than that."

They need to get a coach who'll show our bigs how to play like bigs. I have my doubts Jackson can do that. He'll just keep telling Biedrins that he's "better than that."

Originally Posted by What up

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

You guys are too much tonight.
But how does other NTers disagreeing with the decision make it more ok for Warriors fans to disagree with the decision? Seriously though, how are dp and I being unreasonable?
Because you guys are making out to sound like we are completely out of our minds for not liking or giving this a chance.  You guys are coming off as thinking we are ******ed for having a negative opinion about this.  And I was merely pointing out that people who have no Warriors bias at all, have similar opinions as the people you think are nuts.

I mean, take a step back for one minute.  Is it really that hard to believe that people are going to question a hire of a coach whose only coaching experience is saying "I want to coach?"

Originally Posted by dland24

You guys are too much tonight.
But how does other NTers disagreeing with the decision make it more ok for Warriors fans to disagree with the decision? Seriously though, how are dp and I being unreasonable?
Because you guys are making out to sound like we are completely out of our minds for not liking or giving this a chance.  You guys are coming off as thinking we are ******ed for having a negative opinion about this.  And I was merely pointing out that people who have no Warriors bias at all, have similar opinions as the people you think are nuts.

I mean, take a step back for one minute.  Is it really that hard to believe that people are going to question a hire of a coach whose only coaching experience is saying "I want to coach?"

If you want some live insight from Warriors fans check out the forums at Warriorsworld.net. Mark Jackson has been coached by 5 hall of fame coaches. Statistically the best coaches are former all-star players. We might get Mike Malone assistant from New Orleans. We are talking with PHI to trade Monta for Iggy straight up. Etc.

If you want some live insight from Warriors fans check out the forums at Warriorsworld.net. Mark Jackson has been coached by 5 hall of fame coaches. Statistically the best coaches are former all-star players. We might get Mike Malone assistant from New Orleans. We are talking with PHI to trade Monta for Iggy straight up. Etc.

I have concerns too, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I don't think the blatant hate for the decision is warranted, especially if Jerry West was involved in the decision making process. There's a difference between saying "I have concerns. I probably would've gone in a different direction" and "this franchise is pathetic," and "I hope he fails."

If Jerry West thinks its worth giving a shot then I don't see why Warriors fans can't.

I have concerns too, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I don't think the blatant hate for the decision is warranted, especially if Jerry West was involved in the decision making process. There's a difference between saying "I have concerns. I probably would've gone in a different direction" and "this franchise is pathetic," and "I hope he fails."

If Jerry West thinks its worth giving a shot then I don't see why Warriors fans can't.

Originally Posted by push kicks

link to the trade offer?

Originally Posted by push kicks

link to the trade offer?

i'll fall under the 'pass judgement later' category. Jackson not having any coaching experience is pretty alarming but we don't know for sure he's destine to fail. They're going for either a strike-out or a homerun here.

they picked up myers, west, and now jackson. ANDDDD they're talking to malone? Seems like they are trying. The Cohan days are goneee

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Warriors, Sixers talking trade[/h1]
By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine

The Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers have discussed a trade that would send the Warriors' leading scorer, Monta Ellis, to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala, according to league sources, including one with direct knowledge of Golden State's thinking.

One source stressed that completion of the deal is not imminent but that it has merits for both sides.

The Warriors would beef up their perimeter size and defense with Iguodala, who is 6'6" and 207 pounds and can play shooting guard or small forward. Iguodala would be paired with the 6'3", 185-pound Stephen Curry at point guard and 6'9" small forward Dorell Wright.

The Sixers, meanwhile, would be getting an electric scoring guard in the 6-foot-3, 185-pound Ellis, create an opening at small forward for rookie Evan Turner, and slice some money off their payroll.

Ellis is owed $11 million for each of the next three seasons. Iguodala makes $13.5 million next season and the contract increases by $1.2 million each of the next two years.

Their current salaries are close enough that the swap could be made without any other additional considerations and meet league salary-cap rules.

I think this would be a good trade for the Dubs and Philly.

i'll fall under the 'pass judgement later' category. Jackson not having any coaching experience is pretty alarming but we don't know for sure he's destine to fail. They're going for either a strike-out or a homerun here.

they picked up myers, west, and now jackson. ANDDDD they're talking to malone? Seems like they are trying. The Cohan days are goneee

Back
Top Bottom