Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Warriors, Sixers talking trade[/h1]
By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine

The Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers have discussed a trade that would send the Warriors' leading scorer, Monta Ellis, to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala, according to league sources, including one with direct knowledge of Golden State's thinking.

One source stressed that completion of the deal is not imminent but that it has merits for both sides.

The Warriors would beef up their perimeter size and defense with Iguodala, who is 6'6" and 207 pounds and can play shooting guard or small forward. Iguodala would be paired with the 6'3", 185-pound Stephen Curry at point guard and 6'9" small forward Dorell Wright.

The Sixers, meanwhile, would be getting an electric scoring guard in the 6-foot-3, 185-pound Ellis, create an opening at small forward for rookie Evan Turner, and slice some money off their payroll.

Ellis is owed $11 million for each of the next three seasons. Iguodala makes $13.5 million next season and the contract increases by $1.2 million each of the next two years.

Their current salaries are close enough that the swap could be made without any other additional considerations and meet league salary-cap rules.

I think this would be a good trade for the Dubs and Philly.

I think it would be a good trade too because Iguodala doesn't dominate the ball. I think the Warriors are better when Curry is the primary ball handler (like his rookie season when Monta was injured). It also improves their perimeter defense drastically.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Was Doc Rivers ever an assistant coach? He's only the highest paid coach in basketball.

And there were quite a bunch or worries that he didn't know what he was doing. Ainge put better pieces together than Jackson will inherit and have for the foreseeable future. Thibodeau was the defensive architect....

Was Doc Rivers ever an assistant coach? He's only the highest paid coach in basketball.

And there were quite a bunch or worries that he didn't know what he was doing. Ainge put better pieces together than Jackson will inherit and have for the foreseeable future. Thibodeau was the defensive architect....

I think it would be a good trade too because Iguodala doesn't dominate the ball. I think the Warriors are better when Curry is the primary ball handler (like his rookie season when Monta was injured). It also improves their perimeter defense drastically.

If this trade does go down, I hope with Curry as his point, Iggy can return to his days of glory when Iverson was his point. I always looked at Iggy as a very good number 2 option and a mediocre number 1 option.

If this trade does go down, I hope with Curry as his point, Iggy can return to his days of glory when Iverson was his point. I always looked at Iggy as a very good number 2 option and a mediocre number 1 option.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Did he not win Coach of the Year in Orlando?
All I'm saying is that although there are concerns, there are also reasons to give it a shot. 

Did he not win Coach of the Year in Orlando?
All I'm saying is that although there are concerns, there are also reasons to give it a shot. 

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

Honestly, he's more like a #3 option. Like a Bosh. But he's a great fit next to Curry, imo.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

Honestly, he's more like a #3 option. Like a Bosh. But he's a great fit next to Curry, imo.

For the record, I'm not against giving him a shot.

I'm not overly pleased in June given what Lacob's vision of this franchise is.

Agreed.  I just would have preferred someone else.

I don't like the direction the Dubs are heading. Out of all the coaches out there, why Mark Jackson? I liked him as a player while he was with Indy, but this is totally different scenario. This might be the new trend in the NBA. Monty Williams did a great job with the Hornets, but I don't know how MJax would fit in as coach. He'll do better coming out of retirement playing point.
laugh.gif
I'm willing to give him a chance but Mike Brown would'be been a better fit.

I hope the Philly trade doesn't happen. How'd you gonna say he isn't going to be traded then later put his name out there. Iggy is athletic but he isn't a scorer and finisher like Monta. It's gonna be back to the cellar if these changes are made.

I don't like the direction the Dubs are heading. Out of all the coaches out there, why Mark Jackson? I liked him as a player while he was with Indy, but this is totally different scenario. This might be the new trend in the NBA. Monty Williams did a great job with the Hornets, but I don't know how MJax would fit in as coach. He'll do better coming out of retirement playing point.
laugh.gif
I'm willing to give him a chance but Mike Brown would'be been a better fit.

I hope the Philly trade doesn't happen. How'd you gonna say he isn't going to be traded then later put his name out there. Iggy is athletic but he isn't a scorer and finisher like Monta. It's gonna be back to the cellar if these changes are made.

And for the record, I'm not supporting the decision. I have the same concerns that you guys do. But like somebody said, it's a players league. There are bigger things to worry about than the coach right now.

And for the record, I'm not supporting the decision. I have the same concerns that you guys do. But like somebody said, it's a players league. There are bigger things to worry about than the coach right now.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by dland24

Beginning to feel a bit better

timkawakami RT @WojYahooNBA New Orleans assistant Mike Malone has agreed to join Mark Jackson's staff as his top aide
8 minutes ago

Beginning to feel a bit better

timkawakami RT @WojYahooNBA New Orleans assistant Mike Malone has agreed to join Mark Jackson's staff as his top aide
8 minutes ago

Back
Top Bottom