Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

Iggy doesnt dominate the ball?
laugh.gif

Malone and Mark? I can live with that
pimp.gif

Joe Lacob backing up his talk 
pimp.gif

TK Twitter

West on Jackson/Malone: "It’s a good night for everybody up there. They’ve got 1 person & they’re going to get the other person... (more)"

West: "We’ll have a solid staff in place and that’s a building block not only for where Joe wants it but where the fans want it."

Jerry West on the Monta-Philly discussion report: "Monta Ellis is going to be mentioned everywhere because everyone loves him as player."

Joe Lacob backing up his talk 
pimp.gif

TK Twitter

West on Jackson/Malone: "It’s a good night for everybody up there. They’ve got 1 person & they’re going to get the other person... (more)"

West: "We’ll have a solid staff in place and that’s a building block not only for where Joe wants it but where the fans want it."

Jerry West on the Monta-Philly discussion report: "Monta Ellis is going to be mentioned everywhere because everyone loves him as player."

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Warriors, Sixers talking trade[/h1]
By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine

The Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers have discussed a trade that would send the Warriors' leading scorer, Monta Ellis, to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala, according to league sources, including one with direct knowledge of Golden State's thinking.

One source stressed that completion of the deal is not imminent but that it has merits for both sides.

The Warriors would beef up their perimeter size and defense with Iguodala, who is 6'6" and 207 pounds and can play shooting guard or small forward. Iguodala would be paired with the 6'3", 185-pound Stephen Curry at point guard and 6'9" small forward Dorell Wright.

The Sixers, meanwhile, would be getting an electric scoring guard in the 6-foot-3, 185-pound Ellis, create an opening at small forward for rookie Evan Turner, and slice some money off their payroll.

Ellis is owed $11 million for each of the next three seasons. Iguodala makes $13.5 million next season and the contract increases by $1.2 million each of the next two years.

Their current salaries are close enough that the swap could be made without any other additional considerations and meet league salary-cap rules.

I think this would be a good trade for the Dubs and Philly.

oh dear jesus PLEASE! Our team won't get that much better from this trade, but it would mean Curry will be a mainstay for the Warriors and will improve with Monta's absense.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Warriors, Sixers talking trade[/h1]
By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine

The Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers have discussed a trade that would send the Warriors' leading scorer, Monta Ellis, to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala, according to league sources, including one with direct knowledge of Golden State's thinking.

One source stressed that completion of the deal is not imminent but that it has merits for both sides.

The Warriors would beef up their perimeter size and defense with Iguodala, who is 6'6" and 207 pounds and can play shooting guard or small forward. Iguodala would be paired with the 6'3", 185-pound Stephen Curry at point guard and 6'9" small forward Dorell Wright.

The Sixers, meanwhile, would be getting an electric scoring guard in the 6-foot-3, 185-pound Ellis, create an opening at small forward for rookie Evan Turner, and slice some money off their payroll.

Ellis is owed $11 million for each of the next three seasons. Iguodala makes $13.5 million next season and the contract increases by $1.2 million each of the next two years.

Their current salaries are close enough that the swap could be made without any other additional considerations and meet league salary-cap rules.

I think this would be a good trade for the Dubs and Philly.

oh dear jesus PLEASE! Our team won't get that much better from this trade, but it would mean Curry will be a mainstay for the Warriors and will improve with Monta's absense.

Iggy was a non-factor in the playoff while Monta played like an All-Star. Monta is at his peak and Iggy is showing signs of age, even though they are 2 years apart. If Curry gets hurt again and misses some game, who are the W's going to differ to with scoring and ball handling? Lin?(acid would approve of this
laugh.gif
, as do I
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). Unless they are gonna sign some role players, idk how we can compete with the power teams in the West. Surprised no talk about Biedrins.
30t6p3b.gif

Iggy was a non-factor in the playoff while Monta played like an All-Star. Monta is at his peak and Iggy is showing signs of age, even though they are 2 years apart. If Curry gets hurt again and misses some game, who are the W's going to differ to with scoring and ball handling? Lin?(acid would approve of this
laugh.gif
, as do I
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). Unless they are gonna sign some role players, idk how we can compete with the power teams in the West. Surprised no talk about Biedrins.
30t6p3b.gif

I disagree that Iggy was a non-factor in the playoffs...from what I remember watching that Heat-Sixers series, I liked how he played even though they lost.

In regards to Lin
laugh.gif
, hopefully he's good enough to be a back-up point this year.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I disagree that Iggy was a non-factor in the playoffs...from what I remember watching that Heat-Sixers series, I liked how he played even though they lost.

In regards to Lin
laugh.gif
, hopefully he's good enough to be a back-up point this year.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

If Curry gets hurt again, it doesn't matter if it's Monta or Iguodala. They're going to suck regardless.

Even though Monta might be a better player, Iguodala would probably help them win more games.

If Curry gets hurt again, it doesn't matter if it's Monta or Iguodala. They're going to suck regardless.

Even though Monta might be a better player, Iguodala would probably help them win more games.

U know what? I'm trusting Lacob more and more. He's making nice decisions.

U know what? I'm trusting Lacob more and more. He's making nice decisions.

The reason Philly would be interested in moving Iggy is that they see Evan Turner starting to develop his game so the move would give him more minutes. The Warriors are getting suckered into trades that they would do fine without.

I would pull the trigger for Iggy. I think it would also get Lee some more touches and makes us so much better defensively...

I would pull the trigger for Iggy. I think it would also get Lee some more touches and makes us so much better defensively...

The reason Philly would be interested in moving Iggy is that they see Evan Turner starting to develop his game so the move would give him more minutes. The Warriors are getting suckered into trades that they would do fine without.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

So how do the Warriors get better? Just stand pat with Curry and Monta and win 40 games? That sounds awesome.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

So how do the Warriors get better? Just stand pat with Curry and Monta and win 40 games? That sounds awesome.

Get rid of Biedrins, get a veteran center and pick up a couple of role players here and there. Guaranteed +10 more wins than last year.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom