Lonely During The Holidays

thank you ^.^

I know a lot about the food already.
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

I love to eat so my cousin been taking me out to do a lot of that.

Where are you from in the Bay?

lol to me, saying that because restaurants are expensive dating isnt worth it suggests to me that you're super cheap and you dont deserve the netflix and chill. Amazing food is worth whatever it costs, so is a respectable and beautiful date.
nthat.gif
Wasn't speaking about myself I haven't been in the dating scene for a long time was more so speaking about people I know.  Good food is worth what it costs for themselves but why would they double their expenses for someone they don't know when it's pricey food?  

Have you experienced this first hand? There's no shame in using tinder and a lot of people don't have that mentality. Youll find out pretty quickly if you like the person or not just a simple first date. And you're a girl so you're going to get treated (if you want).

Stop feeling sorry for yourself because you're lonely on the holiday. Stop acting like the majority of people use tinder and then say that you can't date that same "majority" because they just want to hook up (not true) or you better than them or something.

I don't feel sorry for you at all. People with real problems out there and you're complaining to an all male message board about being a lonely girl. Just go back to PYP and take your pic from the thirsty dudes.
I have actually. I tried it out one time and the first person I met on there got hella pushy and weird because I didnt want to invite him over to my place. It was weird to me.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine, and you don't need to feel any sympathy for me at all. I was just wondering if anyone felt the same is all. I respect your opinion.

I just joined Tinder and the whole thing comes with such a stigma that really is one big misconception

There are a lot of normal people looking to date and find the one on there

Wasn't speaking about myself I haven't been in the dating scene for a long time was more so speaking about people I know.  Good food is worth what it costs for themselves but why would they double their expenses for someone they don't know when it's pricey food?  
Don't go to a super expensive restaurant then. lol

There are affordable options.

I just joined Tinder and the whole thing comes with such a stigma that really is one big misconception

There are a lot of normal people looking to date and find the one on there
I'm just on there for an ego booster for most of the time :lol:

Tinder is not something you try one time and have success. You have to have some patience. I've had some fun one night stands, short flings, and even had a serious year long relationship where we were both in love. There were a lot of bad/weird dates mixed in there as well.

Maybe you should try again.

I have actually. I tried it out one time and the first person I met on there got hella pushy and weird because I didnt want to invite him over to my place. It was weird to me.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine, and you don't need to feel any sympathy for me at all. I was just wondering if anyone felt the same is all. I respect your opinion.
girl, it's just one time you tried it. it was just a bad experience. not everyone on tinder only wants to hook up.  
laugh.gif
 plus tinder is nothing to be ashamed of, a bunch of people use it. 

but yeah, stop looking and someone will come to you unexpectedly. or better yet, improve and grow as a person so you'll be at your best potential when you come across the right person. at least you have your family to be with during the holidays.

Last edited:
I'm just on there for an ego booster for most of the time :lol:

Yeah I mean most people I've dated are not from online but I'm not gonna exclude Tinder because of the assumption of what it is

It's basically free Match.com without all the BS

It's hard when the majority of the dating population use tinder and have the "netflix and chill" mentality im not about at all.
laugh.gif
different sites attract different folks with different objectives...tinder is generally a hook up site

match, and eharmony are probably what your looking for, if you venture down that road...best of luck with your endeavors

Tinder is not something you try one time and have success. You have to have some patience. I've had some fun one night stands, short flings, and even had a serious year long relationship where we were both in love. There were a lot of bad/weird dates mixed in there as well.

Maybe you should try again.
Yeah, maybe I should...
i'll reconsider.

I appreciate the outside opinions. It's helpful. Sorry, I didn't mean to upset or annoy anyone.
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
different sites attract different folks with different objectives...tinder is generally a hook up site

match, and eharmony are probably what your looking for, if you venture down that road...best of luck with your endeavors

See I know a lot of chicks on there wanting relationships and they try it bc it's free

Yeah I mean most people I've dated are not from online but I'm not gonna exclude Tinder because of the assumption of what it is

It's basically free Match.com without all the BS
It's just scary how some of these girls are so precise with their future plans when they message you

Like girl, I just wanted to get to know you, not marry you now and have kids :lol:

^ It's cuffing season and when it gets cold out there,everybody trying to find somebody to cuddle with. Not everybody on tinder is trying to smash, some people trying to date. There's also other online dating ones you can use if you're not feeling tinder. (hinge, bumble, Okcupid etc)

Bay area is a lot of fun, and it feels like there's a younger crowd over there. Try some speed dating or something different up there for fun with some friends.

If you put yourself out there, I'm sure you'll get what you're looking for

It's just scary how some of these girls are so precise with their future plans when they message you

Like girl, I just wanted to get to know you, not marry you now and have kids :lol:

5-6 years ago I used Match to get laid, highly successful :lol:

But there are def chicks that go from 1st date to meet my parents

I don't even think I'm ready to try something serious at the moment so I just use tinder/bumble as a way to just have fun and see where it goes. It still bothers the hell out of me that I failed with this chick. I'm best friends with her sister and her sisters bf so it's always lingering in my mind that maybe one day we'd be able to try it again. She's only 22 after all and still acts like she's in college so who knows.

i'm actually gonna be working 3-11pm thursday thru friday, alone in the office. 

its w/e though holidays were never a big thing for me coworkers said they will bring me food to the office, fake sympathy is what i hate the most, not saying they are being that way.

where do you work?

I don't care about being single. I got s kid already so I feel no need to find "the one" and start a family. I just find ones that will do for a couple months. :lol:

If i could get paid to work the holidays I'd be the first person to volunteer
I have no choice but to work during holidays. Even weekends, my boss doesnt play. The positive thing is getting to work from home, but it's hard work.

working from home is CLUTCH...i only get that option around the holidays but i'll take it. allows me to visit the family back on the east coast

damn. What the hell does she care if you work on holidays? Can't you just get your work done before or after? Seems like a power trip to me. Especially if your boss isn't working. I'd be fired probably, screw being treated like a peasant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom