looking at a lab-top / techies, what y'all think?

Wouldn't a person who doesn't know how to use a computer just cop a Mac ?

And you had to put money in your computer...?

Why didn't you just cop one with the right amount of ramb from the beginning.?
you dont even know what you are trying to argue bruh lol just cop a acer or gateway and call it a day.

You do know buying ram yourself is cheaper than getting it preinstalled on a Windows or Apple machine right? That logic is like saying cop a phone case from the cell phone store over copping the same thing cheaper online on your own.

I posted a 150 dollar Windows Tablet that will do everything you need and then some.

/thread
shame apple solders the ram now.
How much ram is "acceptable" 4GB?

On which Macbook Models is the RAM soldered? Any of the AIRs?

Really wish this thread was about being more helpful than this nonsense
For the average user i'd say 8GB will be more then enough unless you play a lot of games set to max settings. 

My ASUS laptop has 4GB soldered on to the motherboard with only one other spot available.Might cop a 8GB stick and max my laptop out at 12GB

Last edited:
It's important to get an Adblocker and Ghostery addons for your browsers. That helps with all those gay *** pop ups that infect you with some kind of crap. Malwarebytes, some sort of AV, firewall, you should be good. 

^Depends on what you do. If you run multiple applications or do things like vid/photo editing. 4 gigs ain't ****, 8gb or even 16gb is what you need.

Yes any model Mac after Fall '12 (or '13? Can't remember) has soldered RAM. Want to upgrade your gonna have to pay Apple.

Also OSX can be installed on any laptop (Hackintosh) so that "point" you guys are trying to prove is just fanboy talk :lol:

@Fontaine if you need the RAM and a decent sized SSD the Asus UX305 is an option. About 100 or dollars more than your budget though. Going for 699 on amazon but you might find it cheaper.

One (good) thing I can say about macs over other laptops is the trackpad. Straight butter[emoji]128514[/emoji] but if you use a mouse then it really doesnt matter

I think they started soldering on all the Mac models now.

8 GB is MORE than enough. 16 is overkill.

Hell, I have 8GB on my desktop and it's fine.

You should be good with 4. I have 4 on my '11 MBA and it's cool. I don't do anything heavy/super intensive though.

There's nothing wrong with upgrading the ram on your Macbook you imbecile.

Last edited:
I thought it was just the retinas that had soldered on RAM? If they stopped producing non-retina Macs then that makes sense.

#brokeboy out there in the gayest city outside of San Fran, piecing together a macbook from 08 with aftermarket cheap ramb...

Trying to give advice and claim his city is nicer than DC

Foh boy. :lol:

you sound dumb, lol only people concerned with Gays in ATL are Gays. Enjoy your Acer.

I think they started soldering on all the Mac models now.

8 GB is MORE than enough. 16 is overkill.

Hell, I have 8GB on my desktop and it's fine.

You should be good with 4. I have 4 on my '11 MBA and it's cool. I don't do anything heavy/super intensive though.

There's nothing wrong with upgrading the ram on your Macbook you imbecile.

they are thats why the older MBPs have high resell value since you can still swap Ram and HDDs, and he is just trolling now, a poor attempt at that.

What would be the point of requiring soldering of RAM if not for the sole purpose of making the consumer go to the Apple store to get it done?

I thought it was just the retinas that had soldered on RAM? If they stopped producing non-retina Macs then that makes sense.
No, it's all MB's now. They got them so thin, they just sealed the case shut. Same with the iMac's too. There's no way to open them since they're so thin now they had to come up with a process to specially seal the entire system.

What would be the point of requiring soldering of RAM if not for the sole purpose of making the consumer go to the Apple store to get it done?

Let's the laptop be thinner.

But really to have consumers pay more.

Last edited:
Need a new computer. At first I was anti-mac from personal issues but I'm reconsidering. There are just a few things that I need help with sorting through the cons.

Windows 10

Cons: 

Viruses are a problem (though easily dealt with)

Windows tends to be buggy for at least a year when they make new releases.

It's difficult to type accents (it's a huge pet peeve of mine)

Nice Aesthetics are hard to come by at reasonable cost

Apple

Cons:

Price

Less programs/games run on Mac

Too "closed", can't get into my files as easily (I like to mess around with files)

New macs have almost no ports

ChromeOS

Cons:

All new models don't have local memory and they charge you for all memory above 15GB after 2 years.

Too dependent on internet connectivity

Help?

Last edited:
I finally got a Mac a couple months ago and I never want to go back to my PC :lol: the only reason I still use my PC is cause attempting to convert music files that didn't transfer from the external hard drive was pure hell, especially with it being like 10K+ songs. So my PC is strictly music related, and my Mac is for everything else.

Back
Top Bottom