Luda in his PRIME appreciation.

Those are valid points and I concede that I took it too far, but in my defense this is Niketalk dudes speak in hyperbole all the time on here. People swear up and down that Jay Z is trash and hasnt had a decent album since Reasonable Doubt, MGHC is a weed plate, and all sorts of other craziness. I wasnt really trying to backpeddle, just clarify my statement since my intitial one was outlandish. I only mentioned T.I cause Peep Game did above me and since I was going to make a statement about whos the best ATL rapper, it was only right to include T.I being that hes garned that with his work. NexIn the future I will try to be more careful with my words so we dont have this kind of confusion.

Chingy
laugh.gif

This is actually idiotic on several levels. Because I'd say Luda and TIP can rap circles around Jeezy, THOROUGHLY outsold him, did movies and the whole 9.

So how you sound?

For someone so opinionated, you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.
Doesn't mean that they aren't overrated. TI has been washed lyrically for about a minute now, yet he seemingly gets a pass. He is no legend.

How long are we talking when we say prime? Because I feel that his prime wasn't very long.

Last edited:
Did you see me argue the "over rated" point there though? No, you didn't.

The idea of something being "over rated" has always been ridiculous to me. When it comes to rappers, athletes, women etc.

You're basically suggesting something or someone shouldn't be as well liked or appreciated as they are. So because a million or so people like TI and you don't, he's over rated? OK.

TI is fine lyrically right now at a time where lyricism is at an all time low. Not great, not awful per say either.

If you look around, most people are saying he's past his prime, so I'm not sure how he gets a pass.

But the man is still active and successful to a certain degree after a decade. Is on what's been the #1 record in the country for months.

Has had a 10+ year career. Managed to not get completely sidetracked by his bids (though he should have been smarter about getting caught up to begin with).

Legend or not, not a lot of people can say the same.

How did this thread become about TI by the way?

Young Jeezy wasn't even on the scene whet Luda was at his peak, so that argument goes right out the window.

They're not even the same type of rappers. That's like comparing Ma$e in his prime to DMX.

The T.I. mentions were inevitable.

Getting back on subject...

"What's your fantasy" started it all. Middle school had the girls going crazy. Them school dances were :pimp:

"F a medic we gone call yo *** a taxi cab."

Luda was def a problem. Anyone else feel like he hopped in Redman's lane though? I always felt like he bit Red's wild/comedic style.

Young Jeezy wasn't even on the scene whet Luda was at his peak, so that argument goes right out the window.

They're not even the same type of rappers. That's like comparing Ma$e in his prime to DMX.

The T.I. mentions were inevitable.

Getting back on subject...
he straight murdered this verse i remember forwarding word of mouf last song to this EVERY SINGLE TIME and bringing back ludas verse at LEAST 3 times EVERY SINGLE TIME

I always thought Luda was a great party/strip club rapper. He could drop a crazy verse and spit on anything but I never really took him serious. He was a witty and funny type of _. Him and Bust are the same rappers to me.

illphillip stay going at Anitdope. :lol:

And of course the Luda/T.I. debate... Luda hasn't made anything that's better than Trap Muzik or Urban Legend.

Last edited:
Luda was a better rapper than T.I. but didn't make better albums. It's unfortunate he didn't take a more serious approach to his music tho, because he had bars. He was rappin in a time where everybody tried to be "gangsta" and he couldn't take that lane so I guess being funny was his only option.

Luda is appreciated tho, I feel like if he had came out 10 years later than he did, he would've been a completely different rapper.

And in no way, shape or form is Jeezy a better rapper than TIP or Luda, I'm a Jeezy fan to the fullest, but that's just absurd :lol:

Luda was a better rapper than T.I. but didn't make better albums. It's unfortunate he didn't take a more serious approach to his music tho, because he had bars. He was rappin in a time where everybody tried to be "gangsta" and he couldn't take that lane so I guess being funny was his only option.

Luda is appreciated tho, I feel like if he had came out 10 years later than he did, he would've been a completely different rapper.

And in no way, shape or form is Jeezy a better rapper than TIP or Luda, I'm a Jeezy fan to the fullest, but that's just absurd :lol:

Luda stayed true to himself, which made me respect him more.

How long are we talking when we say prime? Because I feel that his prime wasn't very long.

To put it simply?

Once he cut off the braids, he was never the same.

Based on the context, I may be wrong, but I think Rell826 was saying that T.I.'s prime wasn't that long. I couldn't say whether it wasn't or not, cause I've never been much of a fan of his, and i don't think you can really pinpoint his lyrically peak.

And as far as your last sentence, he still had his braids during Red Light District, which was one of his bottom albums (in terms of sound), so i can't agree with that :lol: If you were gonna rank his albums, it would probably be:

Word of Mouf
Back For the First Time
*Theater of The Mind
*Chicken & Beer (could easily be switched with Theater of The Mind)
Release Therapy
Red Light District
Battle of The Sexes (which i rarely even count cause it's like his Universal Mind Control/808s & Heartbreaks)

"F a medic we gone call yo *** a taxi cab."

Luda was def a problem. Anyone else feel like he hopped in Redman's lane though? I always felt like he bit Red's wild/comedic style.

I thought this was a consensus that Luda practically hopped in his lane :lol: I wanna say that both Luda and Em mentioned Redman as one of their biggest influences.

Luda was cool.. but he makes music for teenage boys 13-17.. after that age, aint nobody tryin to listen to all that nonsense

welcome to atlanta was a cerified BANGER---rap music fell off hard af----i blame the internet & stuffing these rappers "images" down our ******g throats

Luda used to be my favorite rapper before 50 hit the scene.

Word of Mouf was a CLASSIC

Since then hes only had like 2-3 memorable songs from each album.

Hes like 8/45 since 2004.

I think he shouldve kept his solo career going. He slacked off when he tried to promote I-20, Shawnna, Tity Boy and Chingy.

Back
Top Bottom