Ludacris Is The Best Lyricist In The South

Yall sleeping on Luda. Do yall remember his first album at all? And Theater of the Mind was a million times better than Carter 3 but too many Wayne stans outthere to even recognize it.

1. Outkast (yes Big Boi too)
2. Luda (let's see... he outshined Jay, Wayne, TI and maybe even Nas on the same album)
3. Killer Mike (has outshined some greats on the same track ie. Flip Flop Rock, Poppin Tags)
4. Scarface (legend, but not as hot anymore, lets be honest)
5. T.I. (he aint touching Luda and yall know it, insert "Stomp" here if u questioning it)
6. Wayne (for work ethic alone, he hasn't spit a hot verse IMO since Luxury Tax or Richboy's song "Ghetto Rich")

I just wish Andre spit more frequently so people would realize he is the best of the south.

No one can even compare.

I'll say Luda is underated but he's not more lyrical than TI, Andre 3K, or Wayne whenever Wayne wants to actually rap

^^^^ yeaaaaa
especially wen wayne wants to actually rap and not AUTO TUNE OR SING...OR !+@%%+!!.....other then that , yea wayne is very lyrical

id say Andre 3000 is up there. luda is dope too. ti and wayne are no where near these too when it comes to making really good music.

As the biggest Luda (and Chamillionaire) fan, I hate coming into threads when either are discussed because I read so much stuff that infuriates me...

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Lyrically, no one is touching Cee-lo. No one from the South, no one from the East, no one from the West - no one from whatever region you choose to highlight. How heavily he's slept on disturbs me.

If you meant mainstream, you might be right. Nobody in general ? ... No. Pretty sure a Jus Allah, a Canibus, a LCOB, are all miles above Cee-lo when both are at their best.

Word ? Cee-lo is touching this ? Word ? Cee-lo ?

Yo what browser are you using that's allowing you to post from 1998 when people mighta gave a #*#* about any of those dumpster juice emcees?

Canibus?
indifferent.gif
Jus Allah?
indifferent.gif
Lost Children of Babylon?
laugh.gif

My man nobody cares about those underground dictionary rhymes except you and the janitor at Rawkus (who at one time probaly thought he was 'bout to"bring real hip hop back" by doing songs with Canibus).

I'ma give you + 1 'cuz you ain't mention Vinnie Paz this time, but exactly like I said, and exactly like you read - none of those people aretouchin' Cee-lo.

From Goodie Mob, to "Perfect Imperfections", to "Soul Machine", to everything with Danger Mouse and in between - he's proven himself tobe a lyricist that can transcend any genre and a hell of a musician...

And for the right price, he can make yo @!@$ tighter - just ask Solange and Nicole S, Jenniferm Hudson and a whole slew of others...

Originally Posted by Remi23

No one in the south is touching Luda on the lyrical side he's one of few the cats from the south that i could for lyrics and NY head. But yeah Luda's best lyricist better then Wayne betta than anyone else. Can someone tell any different.

Theater Of The Mind>Carter III
agreed to all of that. Not news to me

Andre 3000 is the best rapper alive..... y'all gonna realize it one day...

Big boi. Cee-lo. Killer mike. Scarface. Bun-b. Dungeon family>>>>>>>>luda

Originally Posted by Chico Dusty

Top 10 worst thread started statement I've read in 5 years across NT ...
I find it hard to believe you couldn't rearrange that sentence so it can actually make sense..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Originally Posted by Chico Dusty

Top 10 worst thread started statement I've read in 5 years across NT ...
I find it hard to believe you couldn't rearrange that sentence so it can actually make sense..
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I couldnt get it out fast enough & this is what happened ...

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Lyrically, no one is touching Cee-lo. No one from the South, no one from the East, no one from the West - no one from whatever region you choose to highlight. How heavily he's slept on disturbs me.

If you meant mainstream, you might be right. Nobody in general ? ... No. Pretty sure a Jus Allah, a Canibus, a LCOB, are all miles above Cee-lo when both are at their best.

Word ? Cee-lo is touching this ? Word ? Cee-lo ?

Yo what browser are you using that's allowing you to post from 1998 when people mighta gave a #*#* about any of those dumpster juice emcees?

Canibus?
indifferent.gif
Jus Allah?
indifferent.gif
Lost Children of Babylon?
laugh.gif

My man nobody cares about those underground dictionary rhymes except you and the janitor at Rawkus (who at one time probaly thought he was 'bout to "bring real hip hop back" by doing songs with Canibus).

I'ma give you + 1 'cuz you ain't mention Vinnie Paz this time, but exactly like I said, and exactly like you read - none of those people are touchin' Cee-lo.

From Goodie Mob, to "Perfect Imperfections", to "Soul Machine", to everything with Danger Mouse and in between - he's proven himself to be a lyricist that can transcend any genre and a hell of a musician...

And for the right price, he can make yo @!@$ tighter - just ask Solange and Nicole S, Jenniferm Hudson and a whole slew of others...

indifferent.gif

I'll ignore all the lame shots you threw that don't even pertain to anything. Lyrically, any one of those three would devour cee-lo.

No one said he isn't a great lyicist in his own right, but...

Did you read the verse I put up ? Not many 16's in hip hop history are touching that, and none by Cee-lo; that's for sure.

Compare, one of Cee-lo's best verses:

I am internally evolving entirely
Extensive eclectic expression eloquently
Instantly innovative, Courageously creative
I'm driven, this God given gift it comes naturally to the native
Not a need for the dramatics or the systematic
Simplicities, strictly science and mathematics
The mastermind of the mighty mystical and magical moves
And metaphors manifests masterpieces
Thoroughly fury through the inner mind's eye establishes this syn-thesis
Of these innermost, insightful, intriguing interpretations of extreme intelligence
My commonsense is no co-incidence
Caution: competitors approach carefully
I'm able to see
Rare ranges of distance, I expect respect
There's no tolerance for negligence, never
You'll forever
Feel the wrath of the pure and powerful poetry, permanently
Pre-meditative, political, critical, compellin, story-tellin
Defining desire, faith fuelin the fire
Brilliance, ?? philosophical, psychological willingly waging warfare,
Withstandin, commandin, demandin the listening ears to hear what God's forcin
Instead endorsin education. Equality, not hate
Just revolution of the mind state
Note mere words but emotions
Which is essential, influential provin my people's potential
Militancy, innocence, insight, listen to God then write
Since my birth date I been tight!

(cool, he uses some big words)

and now a Vinnie Paz verse (only because you mentioned him, Vinnie will body Cee-lo lyrically)

...Beware the prophecies of the Tarots!
Alien Spacecraft flying away like Sparrows!
Study the lost prophetic books of the bible
That recites Fallen body energies: spiritual survival
Flying discs seen in Ezekiel 1:3
Granted Kingu a tablet of destinies
Seviates spoke the word of the Bavarian illuminati
I bring forth harmonics of Hiroshima and Nagasaki!
Annunaki planted the seed where I dwell
either vortex turbines pulling me to hell
awareness upon my savannah as omni dimensional
great species has a common memory complex of the social
liquid crystal colloidal membranes responding
to the spectrum of the universal intelligence matrix...
the thesis is that extraterrestrials created Christ
and have a device
that recorded all of Earth's history
and can display it in the form of a hologram precise;
Construction of synthetic humanoids is among us
You have entered the Land Of Nod now, face the deafening thunders
And the spiritual wonders
because the harvest now is coming
Beware the world-wide ancient tunnel system
the government is running
Hectic! Verbal slaughter of the Judeo-Christian Ethic!

No competition. Vinnie on some %&(* you google and research while Cee-lo's verse sounds like an average rapper with a thesaurus.

Andre 3000, Bun-B , Ludacris, Scarface,Cee-Lo,The Ko-tix,and the Niyat are some of the best to ever do it in the south don't believe me then google thelast two names.

Back
Top Bottom