Lupe Fiasco and Lil Wayne are on the same level lyrically.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

o ok i get it now, if a song doesent bump in the whip its trash
laugh.gif
......and the fact that you even tried to compare wayne to lupe lyricly is hilarious on so many levels
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly

Even though you're obviously a troll, Lil' Wayne is one step above garbage. He can make good songs here and their, but he has one of the worst flows/deliveries in rap.

Although I agree that this thread is outlandish and OP is totally wrong, This statement is inaccurate in my opinion.

To me his flow is what keeps him from actually being good (or at least tolerable). His content is pretty much the norm, and every once in awhile he can put some good verses together
with some good beats, but his flow/delivery is just so awful that it negates any good thing he could possibly say. He has this nails on a chalkboard/taking a dump type flow that makes
me want to go see an audiologist. It's kinda like if Nas wrote Chingy's lyrics --- great content, but he'll still sound terrible saying it.

How anyone can get past Wayne's voice is beyond me. Even if he was the greatest lyricist ever (which he's not and never will be) his voice is beyond irritating. He sounds like a cartoon character. His flow is never solid and truthfully he gets over on beats. Beat selection can honestly make or break a rapper. Look at Ras Kass and Canibus. Ras Kass is arguably one of the greatest writers in Hip-Hop history but damn it if he didn't pick some horrible beats. Same with Canibus. That dude was the king of punchlines on his guest appearance before his solo album but then when his solo albums started dropping those beats were GARBAGE and you just can't get past that. Sometimes bad rappers get stellar careers from great production.

But to contribute to the post Wayne and Lupe are completely different lyirically. They will never be on the same level. Lasers is an unfortuante misstep that will hopefully be corrected on Food & Liquor 2. But let's not act like there wasn't some incredible gems on Lasers.

Clearly, everyone has a right to their own opinion but idk about that OP.   
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT:
laugh.gif
 at the "Wayne is one step above garbage" statement.

3 pages
laugh.gif
NT music forum never changes.

Wayne was never good lyrically, so obviously OP is mentally ill.

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Clearly, everyone has a right to their own opinion but idk about that OP.   
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT:
laugh.gif
 at the "Wayne is one step above garbage" statement.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm serious though, I never seen a dude so mediocre crown himself great, and then people eat it up like crazy. I mean yea, he's better than most of his
"competition" (Plies, Waka Flocka, Gucci Mane, Rick Ross & Young Jeezy [even though I rather hear Ross & Jeezy over Wayne]), but it's ridiculous. 

wayne is better lyrically imo... he's just capable of way more than lupe... dude went to college and everything

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

wayne is better lyrically imo... he's just capable of way more than lupe... dude went to college and everything

lulzwut

Originally Posted by th3kid

lulzwut

wayne's #$+# may seem simple but there are a lot of double entendres in his lyrics

^^^ lmao...all yall cats care about are double entendres???? crazy man..

the way i see it,sayin who is the better lyricist is an argument no one will ever win.....lyricism is at your own discretion,everyones opinion is gonna vary...

FOR ME PERSONALLY....

Id listen to wayne 100% of the time before i would listen to lupe...PERIOD...Call me what you want,say i dont get him,whatever your argument may be,LUPE IS JUST BORING...now,i will admit,the only thing  heard was food and liquor...it just didnt do it for me...to this day i let C1,C2,Dedication 2,drought 3,no ceilings,all rock start to finish...

For those of yall sayin op is trolling or not respecting his opinion, i see where your getting that,i just think op shoulda of based this off something else  than lyrics,cause NTers are obviously the worlds most renowned lyricists...

We all have opinions fam,in mines,id listen to ALOT of "non lyrical" rappers before lupe...just my opinion...yall obviously feel different and i respect that,but even his radio singles seem corny,lol..track with songz is HORRIBLE...

edit:

'just cause you dont understand him it dont mean that he nice, just means you dont understand half the BS that he writes' 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by th3kid

lulzwut
lulzwut X 10000

So did Plies, with a nursing degree, guess that he's more capable than both of them

roll.gif

u lupe fans kill me... wayne has intricate stories that paint vivid pictures... all done with words and melodies... its amazing really

lupe is a bunch of big words thrown together over a beat with terrible flow

how to love > anything lupe has ever made

Originally Posted by VA757VA

^^^ lmao...all yall cats care about are double entendres???? crazy man..

the way i see it,sayin who is the better lyricist is an argument no one will ever win.....lyricism is at your own discretion,everyones opinion is gonna vary...

FOR ME PERSONALLY....

Id listen to wayne 100% of the time before i would listen to lupe...PERIOD...Call me what you want,say i dont get him,whatever your argument may be,LUPE IS JUST BORING...now,i will admit,the only thing  heard was food and liquor...it just didnt do it for me...to this day i let C1,C2,Dedication 2,drought 3,no ceilings,all rock start to finish...

For those of yall sayin op is trolling or not respecting his opinion, i see where your getting that,i just think op shoulda of based this off something else  than lyrics,cause NTers are obviously the worlds most renowned lyricists...

We all have opinions fam,in mines,id listen to ALOT of "non lyrical" rappers before lupe...just my opinion...yall obviously feel different and i respect that,but even his radio singles seem corny,lol..track with songz is HORRIBLE...

edit:

'just cause you dont understand him it dont mean that he nice, just means you dont understand half the BS that he writes' 
wink.gif

This. Enough with this stupid thread.

And I ain't agree with everything TIME says but he got some good points about Wayne. A song like "How I Got Over" > almost every song in Lupe's catalog (and I got every one of Lupe's works). No quintuple entendres, just great lyricism and flow.

Back
Top Bottom