Lupe Fiasco Calls President Obama the ‘Biggest Terrorist’

Originally Posted by Essential1

He's a #%#**$% tool that claims to know absolutely everything about the "plight of the hood, or the black man, or anyone who his poor"  but suggests nonsense like throwing away math books and english books and instead turning your local urban high school to a full vocational school where these kids are taught menial skills to a job that elicits no mobility, and leaves them highly replacable..   
Yes, leave it to the white liberal to talk about being black in the hood.

You're opinion of "blue collar" labor is DRASTICALLY far from reality.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

He's a #%#**$% tool that claims to know absolutely everything about the "plight of the hood, or the black man, or anyone who his poor"  but suggests nonsense like throwing away math books and english books and instead turning your local urban high school to a full vocational school where these kids are taught menial skills to a job that elicits no mobility, and leaves them highly replacable..   

Yes because I was 100% saying I know what it is to be black in the hood... Leave it to a douche to be wrong on everything he opens his mouth on...

But I guess a libertarian would have the better answer, right?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm going on the basis of what Lupe Fiasco claims he's all about... And to disregard education completely as he did is laughable if he is trying to empower the youth..

Yes because I was 100% saying I know what it is to be black in the hood... Leave it to a douche to be wrong on everything he opens his mouth on...

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm going on the basis of what Lupe Fiasco claims he's all about... And to disregard education completely as he did is laughable if he is trying to empower the youth..

roll.gif
roll.gif

The irony is that you completely disregard blue collar work, suggesting real skills are not taught at trade schools. You think people are being taught how to greet at WalMart there? No. They're learning valuable skills that can lead to lucrative, albeit physically taxing, careers.

You also included teaching as a good paying job. I know carpenters who just got their union books that are making at least double or triple what a teacher pulls down (depending on the area).

School's not for everybody. I thought trade unions were the Democrats bread and butter.

roll.gif
roll.gif

The irony is that you completely disregard blue collar work, suggesting real skills are not taught at trade schools. You think people are being taught how to greet at WalMart there? No. They're learning valuable skills that can lead to lucrative, albeit physically taxing, careers.

You also included teaching as a good paying job. I know carpenters who just got their union books that are making at least double or triple what a teacher pulls down (depending on the area).

School's not for everybody. I thought trade unions were the Democrats bread and butter.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

CreateDestroy wrote:
JD214 wrote:
Don't really know were he's going but,

Well Obama hasn't really done much, Like all presidents he just talked about all this crap he was going to do and little has been done.

Now for his campaign 2012 campaign he will start saying all these lies and get people to vote for him.

I liked dude in 08 but now he's just a regular, Just got carried around with all the hype.

9. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court...

107. Passed the Lilly Ledbetter Act (equal work for equal pay)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_Fair_Pay_Act_of_2009

9.1. The Official Unemployment Rate for May, 2011.

The recession was handed to him...not started by him

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

CreateDestroy wrote:
JD214 wrote:
Don't really know were he's going but,

Well Obama hasn't really done much, Like all presidents he just talked about all this crap he was going to do and little has been done.

Now for his campaign 2012 campaign he will start saying all these lies and get people to vote for him.

I liked dude in 08 but now he's just a regular, Just got carried around with all the hype.

9. Appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court...

107. Passed the Lilly Ledbetter Act (equal work for equal pay)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_Fair_Pay_Act_of_2009

9.1. The Official Unemployment Rate for May, 2011.

Teach them a trade, I know..

But you tell me what job in the world that pays good money does not require you to have a grasp on math and/or english?

A doctor, a lawyer, a teacher, running your own business, moving up the corporate ladder??

I'm not going to take a side on the terrorist debate yet but I'll add this:

When he's saying grow a plant he doesn't mean a real plant and he's not necessarily saying a trade either, like you said. He's arguing against the entire system in society, which requires that you have to be very book-smart, strong in math and sciences in order to have a high paying job/status. You confirmed this in your post - "what job pays good money without a grasp on _______".

He's saying that those jobs aren't the ones that should be so highly paid because those aren't the ones holding up society. It's the low-paying, menial jobs that allow society to function. Everyone and their mother thinks they're too good for working in a fast food restaurant, or selling as a retail job, or the even lower jobs like janitors and street cleaners. And when no one does those jobs, society doesn't function.

It is the "elite jobs" such as engineers and scientists that advance society, but it is the menial jobs like cleaners and blue collar workers who support society. And Lupe is defending that those blue collar jobs are just as important.

Teach them a trade, I know..

But you tell me what job in the world that pays good money does not require you to have a grasp on math and/or english?

A doctor, a lawyer, a teacher, running your own business, moving up the corporate ladder??

I'm not going to take a side on the terrorist debate yet but I'll add this:

When he's saying grow a plant he doesn't mean a real plant and he's not necessarily saying a trade either, like you said. He's arguing against the entire system in society, which requires that you have to be very book-smart, strong in math and sciences in order to have a high paying job/status. You confirmed this in your post - "what job pays good money without a grasp on _______".

He's saying that those jobs aren't the ones that should be so highly paid because those aren't the ones holding up society. It's the low-paying, menial jobs that allow society to function. Everyone and their mother thinks they're too good for working in a fast food restaurant, or selling as a retail job, or the even lower jobs like janitors and street cleaners. And when no one does those jobs, society doesn't function.

It is the "elite jobs" such as engineers and scientists that advance society, but it is the menial jobs like cleaners and blue collar workers who support society. And Lupe is defending that those blue collar jobs are just as important.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

indifferent.gif

Nothing like the clueless sheep who inhabit this country.
if your gonna comment..might as well give your whole opinion instead of holding back waiting for someone to ask you to explain yourself

indifferent.gif

if your gonna comment..might as well give your whole opinion instead of holding back waiting for someone to ask you to explain yourself

Originally Posted by blazinRook

indifferent.gif

Can't speak for finnns, but here you go: http://blogs.forbes.com/l...omic-recovery-that-isnt/

Originally Posted by blazinRook

indifferent.gif

Can't speak for finnns, but here you go: http://blogs.forbes.com/l...omic-recovery-that-isnt/

at the end of the day, when you look for a job, they're gonna ask if you have experience. They don't care what you've read and written reports about. They want to know what you can do. Sadly the condition of education in this country trains kids to do nothing. that's what he means by having skill like growing a plant. His choice of words just hasn't been the best considering he is a black rapper and all the other preconceived notions that come with that title

at the end of the day, when you look for a job, they're gonna ask if you have experience. They don't care what you've read and written reports about. They want to know what you can do. Sadly the condition of education in this country trains kids to do nothing. that's what he means by having skill like growing a plant. His choice of words just hasn't been the best considering he is a black rapper and all the other preconceived notions that come with that title

Back
Top Bottom