Lupe Fiasco Will Record You a Song for $500

If he was broke, he'd be doing collabs for a lot less than 50K.

Giving your favorite artist and idea/topic for a song AND meeting him for 500? That's not bad. Not sure why Kid Cudi is asking him where the money is going. I'm sure Cudi makes more than 500 dollars for all shows or appearances and he's not detailing where that money is going.

I'm personally not a Lupe fan like THAT, so I wouldn't do it. But it sounds like a cool idea. Fans always want to dictate the direction these artists go musically. Lupe is giving you the chance to do that and meet him or watch him record it.

This is actually pretty ill. Dude is putting his art in his own hand and selling out the "trunk" . Others hating because he found a way to cut the record label put. It's actually a great move had he been more popular he could actually make some decent coin, and revolutionize the market. To me this is better than 300$ concert tickets.

1000 verses, 1000 clients, $500k. Pretty dam smart of you ask me.

This is really equivalent with how art is supposed to be purchased (paintings, drawings etc)

We have just been used or "spoiled" with the music industries packaging.

Last edited:
I can see a few ppl trolling Lupe.

Tell him they want a party joint about big booty hos and the mood gotta be crunk/hyphy music :lol:

I wish this was collaborations though. I'd call up Eddo in a heartbeat. Might be able to still do it that way though. Just get his verse from him and then just paste it in to the collab like they do all unofficial remixes.

I can see a few ppl trolling Lupe.

Tell him they want a party joint about big booty hos and the mood gotta be crunk/hyphy music :lol:

I wish this was collaborations though. I'd call up Eddo in a heartbeat. Might be able to still do it that way though. Just get his verse from him and then just paste it in to the collab like they do all unofficial remixes.

Lupe strikes me as the type of person who would sue for that.

When I read usage contract I thought it meant you couldn't upload it anywhere. It's just for you. He'd probably sue if the original thing would up on Youtube.

Lupe strikes me as a guy who's gonna snicker as you hand him the $500. Like he's just outsmarted you. I get that it's a rare thing to have a personalized song, no one else will have it, you can choose the content, and get to meet him... but it feels off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom