Lupe To Appear On The O'Reilly Factor Tonight.

DownyBoy wrote:
jm2000 wrote:
kix4kix wrote:
You can hate on O'Reilly all you want, but he is smarter than you think.
Perfect example: On tonights show, he rips Jon Stewart for the same exact thing he does - Cater to his audience, and then has the audacity to call himself a journalist. 
laugh.gif

I mean the liberal in me fumes that people actually buy his bs, but the human side of me takes notes to how he does his work. He is brilliant at what he does.

John Stewart's show is on....comedy central right?
laugh.gif
Ok.

and whenever John Stewart gets called out on something, whats his response...? I'm a comedian, not a journalist....He's a joke too.

He did an interview on this past Fox News Sunday...

STEWART: Yes. Here is the difference between you and I -- I'm a comedian first. My comedy is informed by an ideological background. There's no question about that.

The thing that will never understand and the thing that in some respect conservative activists will never understand is that Hollywood, yes, they're liberal. But that's not their primary motivating force. I'm not an activist. I'm a comedian.

WALLACE: All right. I want to thank you for saying that because --

STEWART: Yes?

WALLACE: Baltimore Sun TV critic David Zurawik -- put it up on the screen -- says that is your dodge. "Stewart has never held accountable in his media criticism, is he? When he is wrong, he goes in a tap dance of saying he's only a comedian and shouldn't be taken seriously."

STEWART: OK. Let's talk about that -- when did I say to you I'm only a comedian? I said I'm a comedian first. That's not only. Being a comedian is harder than what you do.

What I do is much harder. I put material through a process, a comedic process.

STEWART: Am I dodging you? Am I dodging you by saying I'm just a comedian?

WALLACE: No, you're filibustering. Here is the question. Here is the question.

And I think there are plenty of examples. Let me give you another example of -- this isn't you. This is the mainstream media.

Here's Diane Sawyer.

STEWART: All right.

WALLACE: Diane Sawyer, leading her program last year, announcing the new immigration law. Take a look.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
DIANE SAWYER, "ABC WORLD NEWS": If a stranger walking down the street or riding the bus does not seem to be a U.S. citizen, is it all right for the police to stop and question him? Well, today, the governor of Arizona signed a law that requires police to do just that.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

WALLACE: But that isn't what the law requires them to do. In fact, the law says the only way that you can stop somebody as part of a lawful enforcement stop, you can't just say, hey, you're walking down the street exactly as she suggested. It has to be because there's a broken taillight or they're loitering, or they're do something else.

Don't you think she should have mentioned that?

STEWART: Sure. Yes. No, I think you're right. I think we should have more full context and more of the types of things that you're talking about.

But I don't understand how that's purely a liberal or conservative bias. That's, like I said, sensationalist and somewhat lazy.

But I don't understand how that's partisan. The embarrassment is that I'm given credibility in this world because of the disappointment that the public has in what the news media does.

WALLACE: I don't think --

STEWART: -- not because I have an ideological agenda.

WALLACE: I don't think our viewers are the least bit disappointed with us. I think our viewers think, finally, they're getting somebody who tells the other side of the story.

STEWART: Right.

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: And in -- no, no, no. One more example.

STEWART: Who are the most consistently misinformed media viewers? The most consistently misinformed? Fox, Fox viewers, consistently, every poll.

STEWART: Oh, there's no question that I don't tell the full story. I mean, I don't disagree with that. But I don't not tell the full story based on a purely ideological partisan agenda. That's my point. My point isn't --

WALLACE: I think your agenda is more out there, and you're pushing more of an agenda than you pretend to.

STEWART: But it's about absurdity. It's about absurdity and it's about corruption. And that is the agenda that we push.

WALLACE: When is the last time you voted for a Republican for president?

STEWART: For president? H. W.

WALLACE: Against Michael Dukakis?

STEWART: That's right.

WALLACE: Really? How come?

STEWART: He seemed like a different -- there was an integrity about him that I respected greatly. And there's something about tiny people in helmets. I assume that part of this is to delegitimize criticism against Fox by suggesting that it's coming from a place of contrived political --

WALLACE: I'm just trying to understand you.

STEWART: Is that really true?

WALLACE: Yes.

STEWART: Because here's the thing that surprises me about that. I've existed in this country forever. There have been people like me who satirize the political process and who have satirized -- what was it that Will Rogers said? How crazy is it when politicians are a joke and comedians are taken seriously?

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Perfect example: On tonights show, he rips Jon Stewart for the same exact thing he does - Cater to his audience, and then has the audacity to call himself a journalist. 
laugh.gif

I mean the liberal in me fumes that people actually buy his bs, but the human side of me takes notes to how he does his work. He is brilliant at what he does.
laugh.gif
Ok.
and whenever John Stewart gets called out on something, whats his response...? I'm a comedian, not a journalist....He's a joke too.
he IS a comedian; his shows are for laughters. You're just hating that fox news is scared that a comedian like stewart actually is having impact, and they're trying way too hard to discredit him.

a) I don't know how you guys thought Lupe would get steamrolled by O'Reilly. Ya'll really on here actin like Lupe's a fake and being interested in world events is just an act he's putting on. Like he's not really smart, but just pretends to be.

b) It's real obvious that Lupe was handling biz in that interview. They cut that conversation up so many times its insane. All the footage they had left to make Bill look good came down to about 2 minutes, when they had Cam'ron on there for damn near 15 with commercial breaks and everything.

c) Ya'll just hatin on Lupe. Ya'll don't want him to be as intelligent or knowledgable as he may seem because of something going on with you, or the fact that the things he says just seem too crazy to you.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

a) I don't know how you guys thought Lupe would get steamrolled by O'Reilly. Ya'll really on here actin like Lupe's a fake and being interested in world events is just an act he's putting on. Like he's not really smart, but just pretends to be.

b) It's real obvious that Lupe was handling biz in that interview. They cut that conversation up so many times its insane. All the footage they had left to make Bill look good came down to about 2 minutes, when they had Cam'ron on there for damn near 15 with commercial breaks and everything.

c) Ya'll just hatin on Lupe. Ya'll don't want him to be as intelligent or knowledgable as he may seem because of something going on with you, or the fact that the things he says just seem too crazy to you.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

laugh.gif
Ok.
he IS a comedian; his shows are for laughters. You're just hating that fox news is scared that a comedian like stewart actually is having impact, and they're trying way too hard to discredit him.
You mean elevating someones status just to rip them, and thus make a bigger impact? Sounds like rev. wright all over again. Fox will do anything to call their subjective opinion news I guess. 
The ironic thing is Bill was roasting Stewart for just being a social commentator, when that is exactly the same thing he is. 

I'm going to hope for Lupe's sake that they edited out all his real arguments
laugh.gif

Instead of going back/forth about something so stupid like the whole "there to get Osama" vs "there to remove the Taliban" why not bring up the fact that Karzai and his regime have turned Afghanistan into a narco state. How US troops were/are instructed to guard poppy fields. How we appointed drug lords into leadership positions all over the country.

Afghanistan is a drop in the bucket in terms of making the case for why the US/Obama engage in and support terrorism. For starters, Lupe could have just sat back, and said these two words: "explain Jundallah". It's that simple.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Ok.

Off his sack ... please

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Off his sack ... please
I couldn't give two %!%@% about Lupe and I agree with Trent Ferris.

I hope that was heavily edited. Because Lupe sounded TERRIBLE. Dude stuttered through the whole thing and said barely anything of substance.

I think O'Reilly is obviously going to have an advantage no matter what. Lupe isn't some political anaylst; he's a rapper and entertainer. Yes, he is outspoken on some issues but Bill does this for a living, especially interviewing and making people look like they are wrong. This is on his network. There is no way Lupe could have came out on top.

I don't really get why people care so much about Lupe's statements anyway. Like I said he's not some expert or analyst. To me, it is similar to Dave Chappelle's bit about talking to Ja Rule after 9/11. Who cares?

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I think O'Reilly is obviously going to have an advantage no matter what. Lupe isn't some political anaylst; he's a rapper and entertainer. Yes, he is outspoken on some issues but Bill does this for a living, especially interviewing and making people look like they are wrong. This is on his network. There is no way Lupe could have came out on top.

I don't really get why people care so much about Lupe's statements anyway. Like I said he's not some expert or analyst. To me, it is similar to Dave Chappelle's bit about talking to Ja Rule after 9/11. Who cares?
I actually do consult Ja for my news...

I need him to make sense of all this

*WHERE'S JA*

Back
Top Bottom