Mad Men Season 7 Discussion Thread - Final Episodes - SERIES FINALE

Cosgrove the gawd

smokin.gif

How many episodes is the Final Episodes? 8 or 13?

edit: 5?!?!?!? CMON WEINER/AMC

Last edited:
I thought it was going to end with 14 episodes. I don't like the unlucky number of 13.

I thought I heard them say there are just 5 episodes left.

They aired the first half of the Final Episodes last year and rounding them off with these to end it. I expected more than 6 though.

I thought I heard them say there are just 5 episodes left.

They aired the first half of the Final Episodes last year and rounding them off with these to end it. I expected more than 6 though.

"5 episodes left until the finale" so 6 more after tonight.

One of those McCann scumbags seems to have been typecasted as a douche,he also played one in Entourage :lol:

Ms Katz back :pimp:
I'm dumb confused right now......I dont rmeember her to save my life some cliff notes on her please...

Damn is that Alex Mack from Nickelodeon? lol
rep for that recall... taking it back....

Can't believe they waited til last 7 episodes to give Ken a prominent role. I always liked his character.
yo is there something really wrong with this dudes eye? like in real life... ?? they ust have good artist on the show because it's impossible to keep your eye in that position while talking.

One of those McCann scumbags seems to have been typecasted as a douche,he also played one in Entourage :lol:

I was getting so heated... Talking to my baby like that...

Beautiful ep in many ways. I really liked how things just picked up but it's clears there's been a bit of a time skip. I know JFK just got assassinated but are we in the same year? :nerd:

Loved the start of this and how things seamlessly shift. Of course there's another scene that I couldn't tell if it was a dream or not until after the fact :lol: That whole modelling the chinchilla furs was great in how it was directed. I thought Don was about to smash in his office until things panned out. Wish they had showed the next girl instead though.

Gotta say my suspension of disbelief broke the way it was so easy for Don to smash the waitress. Yambs are never that easy. Of course she thought she was bought but still. She aint want no parts of Don trying to make this an ongoing thing. Didn't care for yet another woman in Don's life passing away and him feeling some weird sad way about it. There's been a lot more sentimentalism and eerie signs with Don in the later seasons.

Loved the focus on Ken. He deserves some pay back. Son got treated horrible. I see Roger is still loose with the firings :lol: Anything the client wants, especially more so since MCcann basically owns the agency :smh: I kinda wish he pursued his writing though but I totally see why he went for revenge. Dudes were really disloyal.

Great seeing Peggy loosen up even if it's due to her argument with Joan and the way those dudes demeaned them during the meeting. Joan still dumb trying to pretend she didn't sleep her way to partner. Got the money but no respect. I know the times are horrible with sexism being so blatant but she don't got a leg to stand on.

:lol: @ Meredith. :lol: @ Roger's mustache.

5 more eps.

What if don ends up teaching? Hamm was a teacher in real life. What if he ends up teaching and inspiring walter white?
:rofl: You BUGGIN :rofl: TOO WILD :lol:
Don hallucinating and paying for yambs.

Damn.
Technically Roger paid for Don to get those yambs.
how has don not caught an std
I'm saying :lol:
He probably got syphilis and all this weird dream and hallucinating **** is him going insane :lol: :nerd: Brain going to mush.
yo is there something really wrong with this dudes eye? like in real life... ?? they ust have good artist on the show because it's impossible to keep your eye in that position while talking.
They probably just put a prosthetic over his eye or maybe he's that good at keeping one eye shut and talking.

Last edited:
Excuse me if I'm wrong but didn't Joan sleep with the guy for the Jaguar contract, and then that's when Don screwed it up and that action resulting in him getting fired suspended.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but didn't Joan sleep with the guy for the Jaguar contract, and then that's when Don screwed it up and that action resulting in him getting fired suspended.
Not altogether. Plus those things didn't happen around the same time.

Don was against Joan sleeping with the dude and was about to voice his opinion against. Say **** them and move on. Joan had already done it. She got partner and Don was disappointed.

Then later on Don was simply just being ******* erratic. I think he almost tanked the Hershey account (was it Hershey? I forget) and started talking about how he grew up in a ***** house right after lying about this made up nice childhood he had that was apart of the pitch. I think it was even mentioned that those guys talked to others about it and a rumor began to spread that Don was losing it. He literally had their business in the bag and got weird. He did some other weird **** along the way after getting the two agencies to merge, while also being regular Don doing w/e the **** he wanted, and when he finally got his **** together and wanted to live in LA with his own creative team with Pete he gave it to Ted cuz he was in love with Peggy and gonna lose his fam and by then the rest of the partners had already agreed to put him on paid leave (in my eyes Ted betrayed him and while Pete was basically on Don's side at this point just went along).

They could've never actually fired him cuz they wouldn't have been able to pay him given how much money he put in to be partner and start the new agency.

Last edited:
damn what a move by ken.

sterling's stache :lol:

that cindy model chick at the beginning :pimp:

Last edited:
I thought another problem with them firing him he :wow:uldve went to a rival or something...or he had a clause in his contract.

It was basically pay him like millions (equivalent ) ir let him work in a limited role

The long break between episodes sucks because I forgot what happened in the first 7 episodes.

I guess their LA office is all done. I thought ted wanted to fix his marriage or whatever and that's why he stopped things with Peggy. Now he's rocking a creeper mustache and having parties with groups of women. Ad men had fun lives.

Huge time jump from episode 7.

Episode 8 is happening in late April 1970. (Nixon's speech on TV)

I'm surprised they just skipped the rest of 1969. At least we are passed the Manson murders, so the "Megan is Sharon Tate" rumors can go away.

I wonder if we will start seeing major time jumps between, or during episodes more frequently now that it's wrapping up.

With only 5 eps i think the finale may end around 75 possibly 80

I think the best thing about this show is how all these brands that are world famous now started out with having better rivals in the game. The topaz/hanes is interesting.

There are alot more i cant really remember atm

Thought this was a good breakdown about the Rachael stuff.

The last time Rachel and Don had any kind of serious conversation, he begged her to get on a plane and fly away with him. She recoiled from him back then in disgust. And then ten years later, she shows up in a dream, after her death (and Don has a history of seeing ghosts, remember), to point out to him that he missed his flight. He’s still stuck in this slowly deteriorating life he built. And how does he respond to this? With ad copy, because that’s all he knows. “Rachel, you’re not just smooth, you’re Wilkinson smooth.” He can’t even connect with one of the loves of his life in a dream.

I thought the waitress was a callback to Midge but I'm still not sure. There's theories that Don could have seen the ***** who took his virginity in her.

This was another interesting take on it

The 42nd Parallel is a novel about ordinary Americans struggling to fit in with the times. I found it very telling that the waitress's name is Diana, the goddess of the hunt, fertility, and the moon. Don's trying to find his path forward through his Madonna-***** complex. Rachel, the Madonna of his life, and the diner waitress who called him D I C K back in S4, are both contained in Diana. She represents the uncomfortable realization that people contain multitudes. Don's unraveling is paralleling the unraveling in Vietnam, which has now spread to Cambodia.

Don's hookup at the diner with a woman he "knows" happened extremely quick and smooth even for the man himself. The waitress' disdain for Don shocks him back into reality and makes him question what really is going on. This same feeling is shown when he attends Rachel's wake, where he is religiously and emotionally out of place. Rachel's children were a reminder to Don that his many love interests had lives beyond his obsession.

This episode in particular had Peggy and Don start to examine hard truths in their lives and really question what is important. Peggy flirts with just getting up and leaving for Paris on vacation, but then quickly ends the night with Steve before things get too crazy - possibly seeing her finally finding a balance in her life. Don, on the other hand, still has not figured out his balance of life, and constantly mixes the two together in varying extremes. Sleeping with the casting girl and hallucinating Rachel while at an audition are two prime examples. I know many people thought the end of the the first part of this season had Don leaving on a high note, with Bert Cooper cheerily sining. However, just moments after Don learns the SC&P buyout will make him and his coworkers incredibly rich, Bert Cooper once again forces Don to question reality and his balance of life. His insistence that "the best things in life are free" is supposed to subvert Don's notion that being successfully back at work means his entire life is just as successful. From what we saw in tonight's episode we know that Don Draper is still very much in a low place and has little understanding of the best things in life.

Also, the reoccurring song that started and ended the episode is titled "Is That All There Is?," implying that there is more to the good life than many characters on the show (especially Don) fully know.

Last edited:
Huge time jump from episode 7.

Episode 8 is happening in late April 1970. (Nixon's speech on TV)
Good to know. I couldn't pinpoint it. I almost wanted to say further in to the 70s

I'm surprised they just skipped the rest of 1969. At least we are passed the Manson murders, so the "Megan is Sharon Tate" rumors can go away.
Didn't even know that was a thing :lol: :smh:

I didn't want Megan to die that badly.

Back
Top Bottom