Madden 15 PS4 League - SEASON 3 WEEK 1 - HEADLINES:

stupid *** iphone didnt send my quote correctly smh

im free in the morning then falling sleep...then free until 6p...

ill check the thread after work
ok cool.. lets play in the a.m. before the 1 o'clock games.. 

lets say around 11 a.m. eastern? 

ok cool.. lets play in the a.m. before the 1 o'clock games.. 

lets say around 11 a.m. eastern? 

lets try 1030 if cool...ill def be up...i know ill be slightly tied up around your 12 oclock.....im home by your 8am

Panthers look to finish season strong against Falcons in the A!

Twitch.tv/RealJohnMadden

Y'all didn't think it wouldn't be here this week, did you?

One of the constants of life? Not death, not taxes...

Rather...THE GAUNTLET!!! :nthat: :nthat: :pimp:

So, with this week being the 'last call' for playoffs at Club Gauntlet, several teams entered the week trying to make late orders for their 'first round'!!!

Let's recap what's occurred so far this week!!!

:pimp: One team that quickly secured their 'first round' of playoffs was the Philadelphia Eagles!!! Facing a 'win && you're in' scenario, the Eagles entered MetLife stadium with fire in their eyes && wind beneath their spread out wings, && emerged with a convincing 45-14 domination of the New York Giants! While the G-Men look to rebuild their team in what will be a long offseason, Philly enters the NFC fray as the #6 seed, && will play either the NFCS Champion Saints for the first time this year, NFCW && reigning World Champion Seattle for the second time, OR, a game which many fans hope for, a third clash with division rival && NFCE Champion Dalls in the first round! :pimp:

For fans of the Panthers, Bears, Rams, && Cardinals, who were all eliminated from postseason contention as a result, don't eat your hearts out completely, as The Gauntlet eagerly awaits the return of your respective teams next season! :smile:

:pimp: We know who the lowest seed in the NFC is, && we also now know who the highest seed will be!!! In a hard-fought game between ageless rivals, the Packers outlasted the game Detroit Lions, && assured that the playoffs will go through...

THE FROZEN TUNDRA...OF LAMBEAU FIELD!!! :pimp:

With the Packers winning their final game, this locks their arch-enemy, the Minnesota Vikings, in as the 5th seed in the NFC!

Now...let's look at the NFC && how it's starting to finally take shape!

View media item 1224297
As you can see above, we STILL don't know who wants that second seed && 1st round bye in the NFC quite yet! :x :x :x

With a win at struggling Tampa, the Saints will assure themselves of a first round bye. Should Tampa pull off the upset however, here's what the scenarios would be:

NO loss + DAL win + SEA win
OR
NO loss + DAL win + SEA loss = DAL #2, SEA #3, NO #4

NO loss + DAL loss + SEA win = SEA #2, NO #3, DAL #4

NO loss + DAL loss + SEA loss = Remains as pictured above

The Saints hold tiebreak over Dallas, who hold tiebreak over Hawks...who hold tiebreak over Saints...what I'm getting at is to just stay tuned! :lol:

------

Now, let's focus our attention to the AFC!

:nthat: The Miami Dolphins took out their Week 16 frustrations on the hapless, rudderless ship otherwise known as the New York Jets!!! Ryan Tannehill returned to (partial) action, tossing 3 TDs as Miami rested its starters in the 2nd half, knowing full well that they have clinched HFA throughout the playoffs!!! :nthat:

:nthat: :nthat: None of the aforementioned games, however, were as close or entertaining as the Week 17 tilt between the Broncos && Raiders!!! In what was an instant classic between AFCW rivals with a possible playoff berth on the line, Oakland raced out to a 10-0 lead over the brash Broncos. But Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, && the Denver offense began to catch some fire, as they scored 13 of the next 16 points to even things up going into the 4th quarter...

Then, Derek Carr, who struggled throughout, found James Jones on a quick strike in the end zone, so wide open that altitude wasn't even a factor with all that air && nothing else around him!!! At 20-13, the #NewRaiders were looking like they were gonna escape, go back to Oakland, && hope for a Titans loss this week, which would vault them into the playoffs...

BUT! With their season on the line, Peyton rallied his troops once more, led a masterful drive filled with amazing catches, which was capped off with a Montee Ball TD plunge with just seconds left to tie the game!!!......right?

NOPE!!! Manning then looked up at the press box, saw the great John Elway holding up not one, but TWO fingers!!! Peyton smirked from afar, && huddled his boys up...in the ultimate 'Balks to the Wall' move, the Broncos were playing to win the game as EVERYONE suddenly found the edge of their seats, that is, if they were even sitting at all!!! Here's the call from the NTML Radio Network...

:wow: :wow: "MANNING!.....lines up in the Gun!...

Takes the snap...has time...

Looking...

Still looking!...

THROWS IT OVER THE MIDDLE TO JULIUS THOMAAAAAAAAAS...

Does he have it?!?!?!????...

YESSSS!!! HE CAUGHT IT, HE CAUGHT IT!!! DENVER LEADS BY ONE WITH UNDER 30 SECONDS TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!
:wow: :wow:

The Broncos went on to win by a final score of 21-20, eliminating the Raiders from playoff contention, && the jubilant screams of the Bronco Nation could be heard all the way in the Eastern states for hours on end!!! (Word to Broncos' PS4 :lol:) And in typical Broncos fashion, with a flair for the dramatic, their collective post game comments made Richard Sherman's NFCCG rant from last year look like child's play!!! :rofl:

We were treated to a game that we won't soon forget, && rest assured that this rivalry has just been ratcheted up several notches!!! :nthat: :nthat:

(Lemme pause for a sec...Has this week's write up been worth the wait so far? :lol:)

As great as Denver's win was, they unfortunately will NOT be in the playoffs this year :frown: let's look && examine why!

View media item 1224306
Here, you can see that the Dolphins && Steelers, with last week's win over KC in last week's Co-GotW, will have 1st round byes in the AFC.

The Chiefs, currently 3rd in the conference, must win to assure that they keep their current position. A loss this week against the Chargers, coupled with a Houston Texans win against the Jaguars, would knock KC down to the 4th seed, && lock them in for a 1st round game versus Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel, && the Cleveland Browns, who are locked into the 5th seed.

KC loss + HOU win = HOU #3, KC #4

KC loss + HOU loss
OR
KC win + HOU win = Same as pictured above

As far as the 6th seed...THE AFCS BETWEEN THE COLTS && TITANS IS THE UNQUESTIONED GAME OF THE WEEK!!! :smokin :smokin

The winner of this newly-flexed primetime matchup will be the last AFC representative in the postseason! The Colts, should they win, would be 8-8 && get the tiebreaker nod over the would be 8-8 Titans, current 8-8 Broncos, && possibly 8-8 Bengals due to the best H2H record of games involving these teams. Same would apply if only Colts, Broncos, && Titans end up 8-8.

With that being said...

The table has been set!
The last call is nearing its end...
The battlefield is beginning to assemble bodies...
And The Gauntlet never sleeps!

Week 17, boys: Casualties At Hand!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Great post.

I get so confused reading the possible scenarios. Even if you were making them up I'd probably believe you. :lol:

Wait

Even though I beat the colts the first time, if I lose I still don't make the playoffs? Haha

Heading home...time for game prep

Ready whenever you are colts...I'm refusing to lay down Bc once I do...I'm out for the count :lol:

That Broncos write up [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Y'all didn't think it wouldn't be here this week, did you?

One of the constants of life? Not death, not taxes...

Rather...THE GAUNTLET!!! :nthat: :nthat: :pimp:

So, with this week being the 'last call' for playoffs at Club Gauntlet, several teams entered the week trying to make late orders for their 'first round'!!!

Let's recap what's occurred so far this week!!!

:pimp: One team that quickly secured their 'first round' of playoffs was the Philadelphia Eagles!!! Facing a 'win && you're in' scenario, the Eagles entered MetLife stadium with fire in their eyes && wind beneath their spread out wings, && emerged with a convincing 45-14 domination of the New York Giants! While the G-Men look to rebuild their team in what will be a long offseason, Philly enters the NFC fray as the #6 seed, && will play either the NFCS Champion Saints for the first time this year, NFCW && reigning World Champion Seattle for the second time, OR, a game which many fans hope for, a third clash with division rival && NFCE Champion Dalls in the first round! :pimp:

For fans of the Panthers, Bears, Rams, && Cardinals, who were all eliminated from postseason contention as a result, don't eat your hearts out completely, as The Gauntlet eagerly awaits the return of your respective teams next season! :smile:

:pimp: We know who the lowest seed in the NFC is, && we also now know who the highest seed will be!!! In a hard-fought game between ageless rivals, the Packers outlasted the game Detroit Lions, && assured that the playoffs will go through...

THE FROZEN TUNDRA...OF LAMBEAU FIELD!!! :pimp:

With the Packers winning their final game, this locks their arch-enemy, the Minnesota Vikings, in as the 5th seed in the NFC!

Now...let's look at the NFC && how it's starting to finally take shape!

View media item 1224297
As you can see above, we STILL don't know who wants that second seed && 1st round bye in the NFC quite yet! :x :x :x

With a win at struggling Tampa, the Saints will assure themselves of a first round bye. Should Tampa pull off the upset however, here's what the scenarios would be:

NO loss + DAL win + SEA win
OR
NO loss + DAL win + SEA loss = DAL #2, SEA #3, NO #4

NO loss + DAL loss + SEA win = SEA #2, NO #3, DAL #4

NO loss + DAL loss + SEA loss = Remains as pictured above

The Saints hold tiebreak over Dallas, who hold tiebreak over Hawks...who hold tiebreak over Saints...what I'm getting at is to just stay tuned! :lol:

------

Now, let's focus our attention to the AFC!

:nthat: The Miami Dolphins took out their Week 16 frustrations on the hapless, rudderless ship otherwise known as the New York Jets!!! Ryan Tannehill returned to (partial) action, tossing 3 TDs as Miami rested its starters in the 2nd half, knowing full well that they have clinched HFA throughout the playoffs!!! :nthat:

:nthat: :nthat: None of the aforementioned games, however, were as close or entertaining as the Week 17 tilt between the Broncos && Raiders!!! In what was an instant classic between AFCW rivals with a possible playoff berth on the line, Oakland raced out to a 10-0 lead over the brash Broncos. But Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, && the Denver offense began to catch some fire, as they scored 13 of the next 16 points to even things up going into the 4th quarter...

Then, Derek Carr, who struggled throughout, found James Jones on a quick strike in the end zone, so wide open that altitude wasn't even a factor with all that air && nothing else around him!!! At 20-13, the #NewRaiders were looking like they were gonna escape, go back to Oakland, && hope for a Titans loss this week, which would vault them into the playoffs...

BUT! With their season on the line, Peyton rallied his troops once more, led a masterful drive filled with amazing catches, which was capped off with a Montee Ball TD plunge with just seconds left to tie the game!!!......right?

NOPE!!! Manning then looked up at the press box, saw the great John Elway holding up not one, but TWO fingers!!! Peyton smirked from afar, && huddled his boys up...in the ultimate 'Balks to the Wall' move, the Broncos were playing to win the game as EVERYONE suddenly found the edge of their seats, that is, if they were even sitting at all!!! Here's the call from the NTML Radio Network...

:wow: :wow: "MANNNING!.....lines up in the Gun!...

Takes the snap...has time...

Looking...

Still looking!...

THROWS IT OVER THE MIDDLE TO JULIUS THOMAAAAAAAAAS...

Does he have it?!?!?!????...

YESSSS!!! HE CAUGHT IT, HE CAUGHT IT!!! DENVER LEADS BY ONE WITH UNDER 30 SECONDS TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!
:wow: :wow:

The Broncos went on to win by a final score of 21-20, eliminating the Raiders from playoff contention, && the jubilant screams of the Bronco Nation could be heard all the way in the Eastern states for hours on end!!! (Word to Broncos' PS4 :lol:) And in typical Broncos fashion, with a flair for the dramatic, their collective post game comments made Richard Sherman's NFCCG rant from last year look like child's play!!! :rofl:

We were treated to a game that we won't soon forget, && rest assured that this rivalry has just been ratcheted up several notches!!! :nthat: :nthat:

(Lemme pause for a sec...Has this week's write up been worth the wait so far? :lol:)

As great as Denver's win was, they unfortunately will NOT be in the playoffs this year :frown: let's look && examine why!

View media item 1224306
Here, you can see that the Dolphins && Steelers, with last week's win over KC in last week's Co-GotW, will have 1st round byes in the AFC.

The Chiefs, currently 3rd in the conference, must win to assure that they keep their current position. A loss this week against the Chargers, coupled with a Houston Texans win against the Jaguars, would knock KC down to the 4th seed, && lock them in for a 1st round game versus Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel, && the Cleveland Browns, who are locked into the 5th seed.

KC loss + HOU win = HOU #3, KC #4

KC loss + HOU loss
OR
KC win + HOU win = Same as pictured above

As far as the 6th seed...THE AFCS BETWEEN THE COLTS && TITANS IS THE UNQUESTIONED GAME OF THE WEEK!!! :smokin :smokin

The winner of this newly-flexed primetime matchup will be the last AFC representative in the postseason! The Colts, should they win, would be 8-8 && get the tiebreaker nod over the would be 8-8 Titans, current 8-8 Broncos, && possibly 8-8 Bengals due to the best H2H record of games involving these teams. Same would apply if only Colts, Broncos, && Titans end up 8-8.

With that being said...

The table has been set!
The last call is nearing its end...
The battlefield is beginning to assemble bodies...
And The Gauntlet never sleeps!

Week 17, boys: Casualties At Hand!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Haha that was fun to read, good job once again making the league even more fun. Repped as usual bro

Ready whenever you are colts...I'm refusing to lay down Bc once I do...I'm out for the count
laugh.gif
lets go! 

:lol: Thanks y'all. Believe me, not a single advance goes by where I don't pull up he NFL tiebreak procedures at least 3 times while gathering the info needed. :lol:

Wait

Even though I beat the colts the first time, if I lose I still don't make the playoffs? Haha

Heading home...time for game prep

Yea man, it's ruthless out here! :lol:

It'd be a 3 way tie of some sort if you lose, && according to the tiebreak procedure, h2h record among the three teams takes precedence, && IND would hold that advantage in any such scenario.

Can't wait to watch tho :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom