Man captures his own shooting while recording video for FaceBook. *WARNING GRAPHIC*

I travel around socal and meet clients in beverly hills, LA county, orange county etc....

As a professional, I rarely see black lawyers, doctors or engineers...

What city are you from where you see underpriveleged youth regularly interact with black lawyers and doctors?

where im from doesnt matter.

however when i was 15 i went to live with family in Atlanta. it was a complete shock to me to see so many black professionals.

and while it was a shock to me, i still had several legit business owners, lawyers, and engineers in my own family. but it took me to get out of my element to take notice. not as much as Atlanta, but there still.

underprivileged youth dont work fast food? in hotels? airports?
underprivileged youth NEVER come in contact with people of color that are successful?

never?

homie speaking the truth about family ruining a kid chances....some kids have no chance due to the people in their household

they dont hear it though.

its like this...

imagine you're the CEO of a workforce thats performing poorly.
you've gotta produce, but you cant fire anyone.

what do you do?

do you train the workers only? in hopes of better results?

or do you train upper management (grandparents), then middle management (parents), then the workers (kids)?

we keep trying to just train the workers and wondering why there's no change.

or how about youth in large cities where seeing black lawyers, doctors, and engineers is very common?

I travel around socal and meet clients in beverly hills, LA county, orange county etc....

As a professional, I rarely see black lawyers, doctors or engineers...

What city are you from where you see underpriveleged youth regularly interact with black lawyers and doctors?

underprivileged youth NEVER come in contact with people of color that are successful?

never?
so we went from you claiming its "very common" vs me saying that in my experience as a mobile professional its "rare"...

now you talking about people working fastfood and at hotels.... running into doctors and lawyers?

you are changing the goalpost to fit your personal experience...

who is running into black doctors and lawyers regularly?

the only black doctor I even remember talking to in my youth was my psychiatrist who i saw only because of behavioral problems

Last edited:
so we went from you claiming its "very common" vs me saying that in my experience as a mobile professional its "rare"...

now you talking about people working fastfood and at hotels.... running into doctors and lawyers?

you are changing the goalpost to fit your personal experience...

who is running into black doctors and lawyers regularly?
the only black doctor I even remember talking to in my youth was my psychiatrist who i saw only because of behavioral problems

you claimed it was rare, i gave a personal example, and a scenario what are you asking for?

Last edited:
well, i mean you had a family full of professionals so I'm sure people who grew up in your situation do

they do.

back to what we were talking about

how did you manage to never come across any black professionals growing up?

well, i mean you had a family full of professionals so I'm sure people who grew up in your situation do
they do.

back to what we were talking about

how did you manage to never come across any black professionals growing up?
the answer to your question is eastoakland

i can name 4 black professionals that i've known growing up.

One of those was my psych. 

anybody that grew up around successful black doctors, lawyers, and engineers like you did are most likely not the troubled youth we are talking about helping in this thread.

I mean, you can hit your local YA and try to see how many of the kids locked up even know a doctor by their first name...

Last edited:
i can name 4 black professionals that i've known growing up.
One of those was my psych. 

anybody that grew up around successful black doctors, lawyers, and engineers like you did are most likely not the troubled youth we are talking about helping in this thread.

i didnt grow up around them, but they were in my family and i knew enough about them to know i had options......still didnt matter.

your expieriences were different, thats cool.

my experiences were different from yours.

the experiences of the kids in the program i worked for were different from yours.

where does that leave us?

Government389 1 month ago

+EverywhereDologenesis ---No sympathy for that man. In this country you have opportunties. If an illegal immigrant can come here, don't know a damn lick of English, go that that same so-called ****** up school, get a scholarship goes to the university, gets a 4 year degree in that university, graduate, and finally get a good career with good salary and benefits, why not this victim? No ambition, no goals, no responsibility and no accountability. They spend day and night scheming over unsavory activities only to end up dead and they want me to feel sorry for this guy? Really?

So in 2016, the only options that these kids have are the ones that their families offer?

Thats the ONLY opportunities huh? Yeah ok.

THAT is the real reason why we cant get anything done.
Black people dont even believe we can change our communitites, so we dont even try.

We just keep spewing the same BS generation after generation. "Im a product of my environment." But then they do absolutely nothing to improve their environment.

There is a such thing as learning from other people's mistakes ya know.
If you grew up, and your dad and 3 older brothers and your cousin and one of his friends, were all either killed or are in prison for hustling,
there is a such thing as seeing that and making better decisions for yourself.

If you cant do that then its not systemic racism that holds you back. Its stupidity or insanity.

they dont hear it though.

its like this...

imagine you're the CEO of a workforce thats performing poorly.
you've gotta produce, but you cant fire anyone.

what do you do?

do you train the workers only? in hopes of better results?

or do you train upper management (grandparents), then middle management (parents), then the workers (kids)?

we keep trying to just train the workers and wondering why there's no change.
so much truth

and I work for USPS, it's almost impossible to fire people. you have to have a new approach and be 110% committed to it, or it doesn't work.

How to get black parents on board.... I do not know. Perhaps thats where we need policy changes to incentivize parenting and involvement in the community. Not hand outs like welfare, but reward for bettering the community. tax credits maybe. if someone can solve that puzzle and implement it across america they definitely deserve the nobel peace prize

Last edited:
so much truth
and I work for USPS, it's almost impossible to fire people. you have to have a new approach and be 110% committed to it, or it doesn't work.

How to get black parents on board.... I do not know. Perhaps thats where we need policy changes to incentivize parenting and involvement in the community. Not hand outs like welfare, but reward for bettering the community. tax credits maybe. if someone can solve that puzzle and implement it across america they definitely deserve the nobel peace prize

and you'll find a million different programs aimed at 'reaching the youth' as if its some novel idea that hasnt been attempted over the last 50 years with little to no results

If the issue of broken homes is not addressed, then forget about making progress with anything else. Single mother households is a root cause

Back
Top Bottom