Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

I guess I'm one of probably 3 people in this thread that are stoked for this

1zykdw4.jpg

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by RFX45

OG film came out 34 years ago and no reboot has been made since then. 

2006 ?

superman-returns.jpg
Just goes to show you how forgettable it was 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So ghey!

Well Singer did make the film....
This new one will be dope, I believe in the story created and the action in store.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

I feel like Superman along with DBZ and other things is too hard of a concept to grasp and project onto a screen. I'm fine with cartoons and comics but anything cinematic would probably just kill it for me.
They were able to show Thor, The Hulk, and Ironman using their abilities and fighting without it looking weird.  I hope they can do the same with Superman.  It also worked in The Matrix when Neo was able to fly around like Goku.  A bad example would be how crappy Green Lantern looked.
I disagree with superhero movies having to be darker and that's the only way for them to be epic.  Some people have been drinking too much batman kool-aid.  Films should be light-hearted or more serious according to the material.  Making something more gritty won't work if it doesn't fit the character.  It's not something that would work for Spiderman.

Spiderman became 100% more popular once todd mcfarlene took over spidey & madeIt more darker.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by onewearz

2006 ?

superman-returns.jpg
Just goes to show you how forgettable it was 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So ghey!

Well Singer did make the film....
This new one will be dope, I believe in the story created and the action in store.

Well Singer did make the first two X-Men movies and Usual Suspects.. did you have lame jokes about his sexuality for those movies too?

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Christopher Nolan is producing it, so it will be great. /thread

I'm not doubting that the plot will be weak. But the Superman suit just doesn't work in real life.

Originally Posted by gentry187

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Christopher Nolan is producing it, so it will be great. /thread

I'm not doubting that the plot will be weak. But the Superman suit just doesn't work in real life.

To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of no underwear and making it like a one-piece unitard but I also hated the Amazing SpiderMan suit (which also looked like a one-piece spandex) from pics and it really did look much, much better in the big screen once there is movement and action. I barely even noticed the silver shoes. 
A teaser is suppose to come out with TDKR so hopefully we'll see how the suit looks when in action.

So if this movie sucks too will they just reboot it again?
I'm not really excited for this.  I'd rather have another Superman cartoon movie or a new cartoon series.  The Superman cartoon on the WB and the JLA one on Cartoon Network were great.  They should've just kept those going.
They'll probably stop, cancel any plans for a WW or Aquaman movie and then try a JL movie anyway and go through with changing the actor portraying Supes.

I'm not hype for this either and I'm not a big fan of Supes but I'll give it a chance.

If they fail they're gonna just have to stick to their excellent animated movies.

EDIT

iirc the reason Supes doesn't have the underwear on the outside is cuz somebody else own s the rights to that style or look and WB doesn't want to pay extra for it. Same reason New 52 Supes has that unitard look now with the belt.

As far as Nolan's involvement goes how many great films has he produced? We all should keep in mind he's not directing this at all. I remember reading that he was vehemently denying he'd have any involvement in directing it (along with saying he will have nothing to do with another Batman film/reboot).

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Nolan set the bar for these reboots. Everything will be darker... the way it should be. Not that kiddy crap. This will be EPIC. Mark my words.
Superman SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT BE DARK. That's not who or what he is.  And The Avengers just proved that you can top the box office as a fun superhero movie.

This! #$+ is the point of a dark Superman movie?

As far as Nolan's involvement goes how many great films has he produced? We all should keep in mind he's not directing this at all. I remember reading that he was vehemently denying he'd have any involvement in directing it (along with saying he will have nothing to do with another Batman film/reboot).
Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

I feel like Superman along with DBZ and other things is too hard of a concept to grasp and project onto a screen. I'm fine with cartoons and comics but anything cinematic would probably just kill it for me.
They were able to show Thor, The Hulk, and Ironman using their abilities and fighting without it looking weird.  I hope they can do the same with Superman.  It also worked in The Matrix when Neo was able to fly around like Goku.  A bad example would be how crappy Green Lantern looked.
I disagree with superhero movies having to be darker and that's the only way for them to be epic.  Some people have been drinking too much batman kool-aid.  Films should be light-hearted or more serious according to the material.  Making something more gritty won't work if it doesn't fit the character.  It's not something that would work for Spiderman.
Spiderman became 100% more popular once todd mcfarlene took over spidey & madeIt more darker.
This man kows.

McFarlene is a big reason Spidey comics even survived to the modern day. He made it darker but he kept the balance of dude being a smart *%! wise cracking hero.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Nolan set the bar for these reboots. Everything will be darker... the way it should be. Not that kiddy crap. This will be EPIC. Mark my words.
Superman SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT BE DARK. That's not who or what he is.  And The Avengers just proved that you can top the box office as a fun superhero movie.

This! #$+ is the point of a dark Superman movie?

Darker superman will be
pimp.gif

A Darker Superman will not be Superman

Never read any superman comics, but have they done any issues with a darker superman?

superman returns probably has the best teaser trailer and the worst movie combination of all time.

i was SOOOO stoked for superman returns when the teaser trailer showed. that intro with the trumpet and the clark family mailbox.. chills.

They have and you end up with crap like Superman: At Earth's End or Superman: Earth One or you create a character like Superboy Prime. You're not supposed to be afraid of Superman; he's here because he wants to protect people and does so out of the goodness of his heart. The best Superman stories (All-Star Superman, Superman: Birthright, Whats So Funny About Truth, Justice and The American Way?, Secret Origin) remember that. Even stories like Kingdom Come and Superman: Red Son remember that even as their pushing Superman to be a bit of a facist. Hell the Red Son Superman still acts nobly even as the head of a corrupt regime.

^Never read those comics, but i'll check them out online.

You telling me that with Nolan atleast producing, a darker superman couldn't work?

If it doesn't work, they will reboot it again. Isn't superman the most popular superhero ever, or atleast top 3 ever?

Zack Snyder got 300 and Dawn of the Dead under his belt, i think it will be pulled off.

What I'm telling you is that if anyone went into this movie saying "We have to make Superman DARK" then they had no business working on the film. You can make him pensive and an outsider and doubt himself and be distrusted by the world but that doesn't mean he has to be brought low by negativity. That's pessimism, not realism. Superman is an inspirational figure and he always should rise above to show us that we can also go beyond our baser natures.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

A Darker Superman will not be Superman
Never read any superman comics, but have they done any issues with a darker superman?
PLENTY and not just stuff like Ultra Man, Bizarro, or alt reality Supermen like Red Son or #!@ he was in TDK. They've made Clark go to a dark place a few times for various reasons, never sticks for long but they've done it. Even in the cartoons like the Justice Lords.

The whole thing about a dark Superman is it basically proves Lex Luthor right. You can't have Supes flying around breaking the Toy Man's legs and lobotomizing Lobo with heat vision and what not.

I'd give it a chance though

I'll say again I wouldn't run with Nolan producing this film. Not at all the same as him directing.

Back
Top Bottom