Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

I'm sure this has been discussed but what do you guys think this'll mean for a future Justice League movie? I'm assuming this movie is gonna be really good or atleast make enough money for the studios to want to cash in on DC comics.

Batman is already a proven hit - I'm thinking they need to do something really good with Wonder Woman. Maybe I'm off but I think if Marvel can pull off Thor, WW should be possible.

I'm sure this has been discussed but what do you guys think this'll mean for a future Justice League movie? I'm assuming this movie is gonna be really good or atleast make enough money for the studios to want to cash in on DC comics.

Batman is already a proven hit - I'm thinking they need to do something really good with Wonder Woman. Maybe I'm off but I think if Marvel can pull off Thor, WW should be possible.
I'd rather see a Batman/Superman movie. With Batman & Supes being the most popular superheroes, I think a World's Finest movie can beat/match The Avengers numbers. Would much rather the studios focus on a Batman reboot and knock out the Justice League flick after the release of a Bats/Superman film

I'd rather see a Batman/Superman movie. With Batman & Supes being the most popular superheroes, I think a World's Finest movie can beat/match The Avengers numbers. Would much rather the studios focus on a Batman reboot and knock out the Justice League flick after the release of a Bats/Superman film
u know what how about a batman/supesmovie where theres a conflict and during the movie another character lets say the flash is introduced/created as a result of the conflict so then the flash gets a movie next with batman/superman having like a cameo then lead into maybe introducing another founding JLA character before a justice league movie

Only issue though is batmans prep time in the nolanverse kinda sucked. idk how he will win against super powered villans if he was getting his *** whooped by normal villans

Last edited:

u know what how about a batman/supesmovie where theres a conflict and during the movie another character lets say the flash is introduced/created as a result of the conflict so then the flash gets a movie next with batman/superman having like a cameo then lead into maybe introducing another founding JLA character before a justice league movie

Only issue though is batmans prep time in the nolanverse kinda sucked. idk how he will win against super powered villans if he was getting his *** whooped by normal villans

Last edited:

They are gonna reboot Batman in few years just to cash in on the potential. It won't be another Batman like Nolans films ever again.

True. If there's one thing that the Nolan-verse Batman missed on, it's his detective skills. I gave it a pass in Batman Begins as technically it was Year One. By the time Rises released, his detective skills were still missing.

And it kinda sucked that Ra's didn't call him "detective".

Last edited:

"Warner Bros.’ long-term view has been revised to embrace this new vision, just as the Dark Knight films resisted the commodification of Marvel. Whether we get a Justice League, they say, depends on MAN OF STEEL. If we do, they say, Zack Snyder will be asked to direct."

Well, they kinda have nothing right now. The biggest problem with DC's movie universe is that no one has set the tone. Superman Returns was as alienating to any other kind of superhero story as Ang Lee's Hulk was.

Iron Man set the tone for the Marvel universe. And all of the Phase 1 films since have more or less followed the script, just with different flavors. You could see how Hulk and Thor could fit into that world. It doesn't feel weird seeing Captain America next to Howard Stark. And it all paid off in The Avengers. With Warner Bros and DC...on what planet could The Dark Knight series and Green Lantern co-exist? Or any superhero exist in Nolan's Batman world. Every step DC has taken has shut the door to other films.

This is their shot. Man of Steel doesn't just need to be good for itself. It has to set the tone for the entire DC world. It's gotta leave room for Flash and Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter and show how you could get away with their stories feeling like it's a part of the same world. And even tougher...you have to make room for Batman. That's the test. Because tbh...they could bring in Bale or JGL, but for the most part Nolan's Batman doesn't mean much to them, except leftover hype and attention, since those movies leave no room for superheroes.

So yeah...they gotta balance extremes, and justify a world for all of them to live in. Cuz Green Lantern ain't it. :smh: :lol: And it's not allowed to just be decent. And the clock's ticking on that JL movie they announced early for 2015 without a clue. Oh, and they need a face for their JL franchise, because since they're tonally rebooting the universe, it can't exactly be Bale or JGL. No biggie. Just nail everything and have people wanting more of characters who don't even make it into your movie. And hopefully establish the director who's going to make Justice League, which they just starting writing over from scratch not too long ago.

Last edited:
Well, they kinda have nothing right now. The biggest problem with DC's movie universe is that no one has set the tone. Superman Returns was as alienating to any other kind of superhero story as Ang Lee's Hulk was.

Iron Man set the tone for the Marvel universe. And all of the Phase 1 films since have more or less followed the script, just with different flavors. You could see how Hulk and Thor could fit into that world. It doesn't feel weird seeing Captain America next to Howard Stark. And it all paid off in The Avengers. With Warner Bros and DC...on what planet could The Dark Knight series and Green Lantern co-exist? Or any superhero exist in Nolan's Batman world. Every step DC has taken has shut the door to other films.

This is their shot. Man of Steel doesn't just need to be good for itself. It has to set the tone for the entire DC world. It's gotta leave room for Flash and Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter and show how you could get away with their stories feeling like it's a part of the same world. And even tougher...you have to make room for Batman. That's the test. Because tbh...they could bring in Bale or JGL, but for the most part Nolan's Batman doesn't mean much to them, except leftover hype and attention, since those movies leave no room for superheroes.

So yeah...they gotta balance extremes, and justify a world for all of them to live in. Cuz Green Lantern ain't it. :smh: :lol: And it's not allowed to just be decent. And the clock's ticking on that JL movie they announced early for 2015 without a clue. Oh, and they need a face for their JL franchise, because since they're tonally rebooting the universe, it can't exactly be Bale or JGL. No biggie. Just nail everything and have people wanting more of characters who don't even make it into your movie. And hopefully establish the director who's going to make Justice League, which they just starting writing over from scratch not too long ago.

True. I think the main problem that plagues DC/WB is that they never thought the Marvel blueprint would even work. I would assume they would've thought of the whole inter-connected universe before, but found it either too taxing to execute or they just wanted to rely on the strength of their individual franchises. Now that they saw how Marvel did it, they're pretty much scrambling to get a piece of the pie. Hopefully they find a way to bring it altogether though.

I don't think Warner Brothers could do what Disney/Marvel did in setting up the Avengers universe like that. Other than Batman, thier DC films have been epic flops. Green Lantern anyone......

I don't think Warner Brothers could do what Disney/Marvel did in setting up the Avengers universe like that. Other than Batman, thier DC films have been epic flops. Green Lantern anyone......

Just using this generation's Dark Knight and Supes alone would top Avengers. Scratch the other DC heroes out for another decade.

On their defense, that is the only failed attempt from any of the JLA heroes in recent memory.

They've tried to get WW & Flash started but it never really went somewhere, WW tv show is still supposedly possible for next year but DC/WB haven't really had many character films that is JLA related.

Just using this generation's Dark Knight and Supes alone would top Avengers. Scratch the other DC heroes out for another decade.

I agree with you sir 100%. Just focus on the character movies first. If it is a good movie it will sell and sell well. No need to throw in 4 or 5 superheros in a movie just because it might do blockbuster numbers.

Back
Top Bottom