Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

Comics comes with the pre-order of the MoS dvd/blu-ray through Walmart.

It's a prequel of the film, Girl of Steel.

Comics comes with the pre-order of the MoS dvd/blu-ray through Walmart.

It's a prequel of the film, Girl of Steel.
synopsis of story :nerd:

Everything that was posted is pretty much what is revealed. You need to get it via pre-order. If they do release the comic if you pre-order now, I am sure there will be leaks soon enough but for now, I think what was posted is all we get.

people keep saying DC movies have failed. besides green lantern what other dc movie was released and failed recently? :lol:

They just need the exposure for other movies to work.

Jonah Hex was pretty bad and others didn't like Watchmen. Lots of bad taste was left by Superman Returns too. In the past 10 years, those plus GL & Catwoman are pretty much the only DC movies along with Nolans Batman.

I think people just assume all DC films sucks because they are overshadowed by Marvel and the plethora of films they have (though not all homeruns, they do come out consistently); SM1-3, X1-3, F4 1-2, Blade 1-3, GR 1-2, Wolverine, 1st Class, IM1-3, Amazing SM, Avengers, Punisher 1-2, Hulk 1-2, Thor, etc... Those are all in the past 10-12 years and that is just on the top of my head and the ones that are released. There are 6-7 more films coming up with release dates already while DC is still trying to see how MoS does before making more moves.

This just considering the canon/main characters where Watchmen and Jonah Hex probably shouldn't count.

Last edited:
Yeah...it's been more that, Marvel constantly has had movies out (even though it took whoring their characters out to the highest bidder), but DC...it's always, hey we're working on......nope fell through. We're finally gonna......nah, forget it. We almost got......just keep it moving. Batman vs Superman. Justice League. Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman. Kevin Smith's Superman. The Rock as Shazam. WB/DC...permanent development hell.

DC movies have steady been disappointing, because hearing about something and never getting it is about as bad as it being bad. *cough Detox cough* In a way, Marvel desperately selling off its big characters made this all happen. Those studios kept churning out films, keeping the Marvel brand hot and laying out a blueprint on do's and don'ts. Maybe if 1 studio owned everything Marvel, it'd be just like DC.

Think of it like this...if Marvel Phase 1 never happened...and it was still an X-Men here, a Spider-man there, a Hulk sometimes, there wouldn't be a Justice League. They'd probably still be sitting on their hands, waiting for the perfect script/director/cast/whatever. Chris Nolan was a godsend, cuz Begins maybe could've turned out like Returns, and then what? All Warner Bros does is let their art dept have fun making little animated films. All they've cared about the last decade was Harry Potter. Nolan's Batman was a bonus. They're trying now, and that's good, but they're trying to cram 10 years of not being in a rush into movies ASAP.

Still, I'm honestly ready for DC to take over, because the Avenger movies are fine, but they're not really my thing. And I'm not a big fan of the tone they settled on. I'm holding out hope for Man of Steel and Days of Future Past and that Guillermo del Toro Dark Justice League. I hope they don't let Watchmen shake them off of making more DC Vertigo movies.

Last edited:
picked up 2 tickets at Walmart this morning. me and this other guy were like the only ones there. :lol:
they got most of the toys already up too. will probably pick some up little bit later.

My brother will go tuesday and scoop up 4 tickets for the IMAX showing.

I know he's not a Supes enemy or anything but i will rock this shirt to go see it.

URL]

(Not my pic. Black is not shiny like it looks on the pic.)

It's not one of those cheesy screen printed ones either.

Got offered $$$ for it by some dude coming out the theater.

Last time i wore it was for TDKR. I could care less, he's still a DC character :lol:

***EDIT***

Here's a better pic

URL]

Last edited:
My brother will go tuesday and scoop up 4 tickets for the IMAX showing.

I know he's not a Supes enemy or anything but i will rock this shirt to go see it.

URL]

(Not my pic. Black is not shiny like it looks on the pic.)

It's not one of those cheesy screen printed ones either.

Got offered $$$ for it by some dude coming out the theater.

Last time i wore it was for TDKR. I could care less, he's still a DC character :lol:

***EDIT***

Here's a better pic

URL]
1st pic looked better :lol:

^Yea, it does. That's how the shirt looks like but the shiny part killed it and posted the second pic without that crap.

Back
Top Bottom