Market for Unauthorized/Fakes?

I'm very new to collecting. Always liked shoes, but from afar because my family couldn't afford them growing up. I now have the means to get the shoes I like, but want to make sure my shoes are authentic. Thanks to this site, I've saved more than $1000 so far. With all that being said, I came across this on instagram today and I didn't realize (call me ignorant, as I said, I'm new to this whole thing) that there was indeed a market for fakes... is this just one incident? Or do people actually go out looking for fakes? I guess like myself growing up, some can't afford the real deal, but me personally, if I couldn't get the real, I'd save up until I could. Anyway, thoughts?

Last edited:
These idiots are F'in MORONS... They don't seem to understand their "unauthorized" joints are made from cheaper materials making the shoe not as durable as the Legit pairs and will in fact yellow with time like the true pairs do..They have fallen for the hustle.. hook, line and sinker..

IF it was in fact "the same shoe" I would not be opposed to rocking them either, but they are FAR from the same product and I'm not just talking a yellow sole... Fake is Fake..ALWAYS has been, ALWAYS will be.

The guy who commented Finestgearnyc is a actually a reputable sneakerhead who had YouTube poppin for a while with only authentic kicks. After he got some sort or sponsorship with a rep site that sent him free Gm's. After that you barely saw authorized pairs on his channel.

"Them joints" are much cheaper than the real ones, and will proaly fall apart after about 20 wears. To answer your question, Yes, lots of people knowingly buy and wear fakes and support them.

"Them joints" are much cheaper than the real ones, and will proaly fall apart after about 20 wears. To answer your question, Yes, lots of people knowingly buy and wear fakes and support them.
Ehhhh... I wouldn't say they craftsmanship isn't horrible. GM's will probably last a little bit shorter than authentics. I watched one video where this dude copped his gammas from footlocker and he had a hole in sneaker when they were completely DS. So I'd say varies from pair to pair.

idk why people trip on yellowed soles so much. the yellow soles gives it a more prominent "gum sole" look in my opinion. as for the unauthorized market... not a fan. but to each his own.

Part of me wants to try just to see the quality for myself, but I'm not paying over a bill.

anybody could had told you taobao sells fakes
Not completely. Taobao does sell REAL sneakers. Taobao is like eBay with no auctions. Just like on eBay, you have real and fake sneakers. Authentic taobao Jordans in men's sizes go anywhere from 275-3000. You can buy real shoes on taobao but you'll be spending the same money that you could spend on the shoe in the US. It's not worth it to purchase but taobao does sell authentics. Saying taobao only sells fakes is like saying there are no real sneaker heads in china.

Back
Top Bottom