MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Season would've been better at 10 eps instead of 13.  Disappointed that Tombstone didn't show up, the whole time I was wondering why Tombstone didn't make a move on taking over cottonmouth's territory yet or at least sent Hammerhead to go do it.  Hopefully Tombstone will be in either Punisher series or Cloak and Dagger.

Why would you be expecting any of those people to show up? Both of them are Spider-Man characters.

Tombstone is still a Spider-Man character though, meaning he doesn't operate in Harlem even though he was born there. He works more in Spider-Man/Kingpin's territory and always has. Cottonmouth and Black Mariah are actual Luke Cage villains who specifically operate in Harlem and always have, therefore you have them showing up and you'd expect them to show up.

Last edited:
tone might be the dumbest right-hand man i've seen. Can't even follow a simple direction.

Tombstone is still a Spider-Man character though, meaning he doesn't operate in Harlem even though he was born there. He works more in Spider-Man/Kingpin's territory.

Being in the same world doesn't change the fact that Tombstone isn't a Luke Cage character man :lol: May as well expect the Green Goblin to show up in a Captain America film. :rofl: Tombstone hasn't even been mentioned in the MCU as far as i'm aware, making it even less likely he'd suddenly show up with no word.

I'd expect some parts of Iron Fist to take place in Asia, since that's where he trained, and others to take place in Harlem since he's close to Misty Knight, Luke Cage, and Colleen Wing and typically operates with all of them. The fact that Misty and Claire are both confirmed to be in Iron Fist's series, and the fact that we got a Colleen Wing reference in the last episode, makes me expect this all the more.

Last edited:
Being in the same world doesn't change the fact that Tombstone isn't a Luke Cage character man
laugh.gif
May as well expect the Green Goblin to show up in a Captain America film.
roll.gif

I'd expect some parts of Iron Fist to take place in Asia, since that's where he trained, and others to take place in Harlem since he's close to Misty Knight, Luke Cage, and Colleen Wing and typically operates with all of them.

Naah. A ton of heroes have come into contact with Kingpin over the years, such as Captain America, but he's still not specifically one of their villains. Just like Superman has met the Joker, but Joker is still a Batman villain. The same holds true for pretty much all major villains. I would never expect to see Cottonmouth or Diamondback showing up in Daredevil for example.

Last edited:
Gonna finish the last episode tonight.

I thoroughly enjoyed this show. The writing and the casting was on point. The soundtrack was on point.

Like I like pretty much every thing about the show. As a black man It made me so proud to see everything come together so well and fully incorporate our culture without it coming off as corny or outdated.

Misty, what can I say! She may appear average to some but its something about her that had me drawn to her the entire season.

I didn't realize there were that many people who didn't like JJ. I personally enjoyed it and am looking forward to the second season.

Decent watch, but worst of the Marvel x Netflix series. The acting was fine, setting was great, characters were iffy, plot was okay, season could've benefited being cut down to 8-10 episodes.

DD S1 > JJ > DD S2 >>> LC

exactly

JJ was an introspective show. Not a lot of action. I enjoyed it but I can see why some ppl wouldn't.

Also out of all the Netflix characters JJ was the one who wasted her powers the most.

Last edited:
tone might be the dumbest right-hand man i've seen. Can't even follow a simple direction.
He was just an emotional wreck seein' Shades take his 2nd in Command spot.
He thought he did the damn thing when he made that "executive decision" to shoot up pops shop.

SMH at him losing his spot to someone named shades who just leans against a wall and smirks.

Shades is a consultant that was sent by Diamondback to look over cottonmouth basically

LC may have issues but the message, music, asthetic makes it second to season 1 of DD for me.

It is so powerful to see a well-made superhero series featuring a black man. He's not light-skinned with green eyes, not model size, not the typical black dude in the media to easily grab audiences of different races.

He's dark skinned, my father's color and to see him in the spotlight is mad inspiring. How often do you see a brother like that be positively represented besides sports? It's pretty rare.

I loved how the music ain't no typical trap *^#* that's associated with a lot of past black entertainment. This show represents progress, it raises conversation, and it doesn't shy away from social injustices and issues that plague my community everyday.

A bulletproof black man in this era? Mann, this is the hero we need right now.

Whats the Under/Over on Shades getting his "shades" from the comics? (Note: I haven't finished the season yet)

LC may have issues but the message, music, asthetic makes it second to season 1 of DD for me.

It is so powerful to see a well-made superhero series featuring a black man. He's not light-skinned with green eyes, not model size, not the typical black dude in the media to easily grab audiences of different races.

He's dark skinned, my father's color and to see him in the spotlight is mad inspiring. How often do you see a brother like that be positively represented besides sports? It's pretty rare.

I loved how the music ain't no typical trap *^#* that's associated with a lot of past black entertainment. This show represents progress, it raises conversation, and it doesn't shy away from social injustices and issues that plague my community everyday.

QFMFE .... Take all the reps ...

i read a review that said ... i didn't need the show to point this out to me so overtly .... and i felt like ... you gotta spell it the very way it was done in this show ... with nuance, things go over people heads 

Our history is so important ... the paintings, the murals, the music ... it's important for people to know and understand 

I didn't realize there were that many people who didn't like JJ. I personally enjoyed it and am looking forward to the second season.

I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Just still happens to be my least favorite of the 3.

Last edited:
Why would hammerhead never work for Tombstone? Who would hammerhead be working for? Silvermane?
If I remember right, Hammerhead is a Russian or Italian. He was loyal to the Maggia for most of his early days. I think when he was first introduced he was solo but he's mostly connected to them and Silvermane (who is one of the bosses in the Maggia).

It took being betrayed by them and some slight brainwashing for him to work for Mr. Negative (a Chinese gangsta). Otherwise he wouldn't.

So just take in some of the real world applications. Tombstone is a black albino from Harlem. How many white Russians or Italians you know willingly working for black guys? Established criminal organizations, many of which have history or come from legacies are extemely homogeneous by race/ethnicity and nationality even today. Irish stick with the Irish, Russians stick with Russians, etc.

Peep the show and how the Jamicans and Haitians had their own groups.

QFMFE .... Take all the reps ...

i read a review that said ... i didn't need the show to point this out to me so overtly .... and i felt like ... you gotta spell it the very way it was done in this show ... with nuance, things go over people heads 

Our history is so important ... the paintings, the murals, the music ... it's important for people to know and understand 
The hoodies riddled with bullet holew was very powerful to me. Not just on the surface level that has the obvious Trayvon connection but the deeper detaining and stopping anybody with a hoody on the block alluding to stop and frisk. That wild cop beating on that fine milf's son.

The hoody for a good deal of the series became Luke's superhero costume. Just dope on several levels.

I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Just still happens to be my least favorite of the 3.
Same but I wouldn't say it's my least favorite...it definitely brought a different style and change of pace I greatly appreciated.

I can only ask for a bit more detective work and maybe a smarter villain plot and subplot with a just as challenging villain.

Back
Top Bottom