MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
When dudes was clowning on each other's moms during the fight and the dudes in the background started instigating, that **** nearly ruined the entire season for me, I couldn't understand why that was even nessesary, who thought that was a cool part of the script...corny beyond words..

When dudes was clowning on each other's moms during the fight and the dudes in the background started instigating, that **** nearly ruined the entire season for me, I couldn't understand why that was even nessesary, who thought that was a cool part of the script...corny beyond words..

It was a little corny. But almost ruined your entire season? Not that serious breh

Bro that entire fight scene was corny :lol: I hated that everyone was there commentating in the background dropping some corny lines...yes for that to have been the climax fight scene, how it went down, almost ruined the season...a season which otherwise was pretty solid and on par with DD and Jessica...

Now if you want to say that the entire fight scene was corny, that's a different story.

I thought you were saying that it was just the mama jokes that almost ruined the whole season for you :lol:

I agree. The final fight wasn't all that. When you factor in the corny crowd. The fact that Luke wasn't in any real danger. How he fed Diamondback some corny lines and let himself get punched for no reason. And then someone says something inspirational and he starts hitting back. Then come to find out the whole thing was just really part of his plan. 'I just stopped feeding him hate.'

Then there was a whole bunch of corny lines afterwards for the rest of the episode. I would go into detail, But the only one I really remember was ' 'going backwards to go forward.' LOL, ok? It would've been better if he just said 'always forward'

The Luke Cage season was like watching your squad comfortably up for most of the game - by double digits - only to barely squeak out the W cuz of the last quarter.

*edit

Went too far. Instead of a blowout it was a solid win.

Last edited:
what really had me wondering was wth was up with the "shades" character... dude was whack the entire season! they introduced him all mysterious. when he asked the question to that one guy the first time you see him and took his shades off i thought he had powers or something, nope. he was just another weak human, smh. the last fight scene was hella weak! they talkmbout the craziest thing they've seen. i'm here like HULK AND A-BOMB FOUGHT THERE A FEW YEARS BACK!! i mean, c'mon! not the best first season imo. would have to put it last to DD and JJ.

Who was the Hipster looking dude rappin in Cottonmouths Club to start ep5?

Dude was fresh

Thought shades was a cool character. Seems like he could handle things better than cottonmouth or diamondback

Dude was fresh

He got Ros

Jidenna-6.jpg

Last edited:
Son looking like a young Big Red from the 5 Heartbeats conking his hair like that.

Must've stole a rapper's and dancehall artist's talent like the Monstars :lol:

Son looking like a young Big Red from the 5 Heartbeats conking his hair like that.

Must've stole a rapper's and dancehall artist's talent like the Monstars :lol:
Accurate on both counts. Long Live The Chief has broken into my rotation. Had no clue he could actually rap.:lol:

That scene was so well done. Definitely made the song a tad bit more dope.

Last edited:
The final fight just wasn't good or interesting in any manner. Easily one of the worst confrontations in the entire series. Luke and Diamondback's confrontation in the street/theater earlier in the season was better. I didn't even really care about the crowd or people yelling ****, because in that situation that's exactly the type of thing that happens anyways. I could have gotten over that. It was just still a bad fight.

The final fight just wasn't good or interesting in any manner. Easily one of the worst confrontations in the entire series. Luke and Diamondback's confrontation in the street/theater earlier in the season was better. I didn't even really care about the crowd or people yelling ****, because in that situation that's exactly the type of thing that happens anyways. I could have gotten over that. It was just still a bad fight.

Not to mention Luke stealing Caps speech to Bucky....lol

what really had me wondering was wth was up with the "shades" character... dude was whack the entire season! they introduced him all mysterious. when he asked the question to that one guy the first time you see him and took his shades off i thought he had powers or something, nope. he was just another weak human, smh. the last fight scene was hella weak! they talkmbout the craziest thing they've seen. i'm here like HULK AND A-BOMB FOUGHT THERE A FEW YEARS BACK!! i mean, c'mon! not the best first season imo. would have to put it last to DD and JJ.

Yeah I doubt they do Shades like they did in the comics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_(comics)

Anyone peep the Gangstar lyrics they imbedded into the script?  I didn't notice until Episode DWYCK when Misty and the shrink was talking about lemonade.

Enjoyed Luke Cage a lot, just wish the fight scenes were done better.

Bonus points for the 99% people of color cast pissing off angry racists 
laugh.gif

My man Mahershala Ali was great, wish he had more time on screen. I enjoyed his role in House Of Cards but he really stepped his game up for this one. Shades was great too but I wish his role had a little more action. He shines whenever he gets to do something but unfortunately he just stays in the background throughout most of the season.

Dude was fresh

He got Ros

Jidenna-6.jpg
I'll be honest I completely slept on this dude because of Classic Man. But Long Live the Chief is dope I didn't even recognize it was the same dude who made Classic Man during that scene in ep. 5 cause the songs where so different
laugh.gif
. I think i'll checkout more of his music.

Last edited:
Classic man is a cool lil pop song if you relate. Didn't know he had heat like that though. That scene def helped set the tone though, might've felt different if I just heard it with no visual.

Jidena out of the dungeon family camp..well andre 3000 prodigy janelle monae camp

But same area of influence

Back
Top Bottom