MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
People care. It's the same reason why DD is "wanted". They don't want vigilantes running amuck making up their own rules of right v wrong.

A Punisher flick that's kinda like a horror movie with him in the Jason/Mike Myers position could be cool if done right.

I'll watch the show, because Daredevil and Jessica Jones have already been excellent, i'm then expecting similar results from Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the Defenders as well.

That being said though, I still think it'd be better to just have him showing up in those shows and whatever other shows Marvel decides to make down the line, rather than give him his own series. Not like the idea is ridiculous or anything, because he has had his own comic after all, but unless you're having him tangle with actual heroes, who are typically trying to stop him, he's just going to be going against Mobster-X and Mafia Family-Y. They might tie the Kingpin into it though, or some other crime boss like Hammerhead.

Punisher could be the best Marvel show. They need a great actor to play Jigsaw. Plus Kingpin will be home soon enough and him and Frank already have a mutual understanding that they are going to throwdown again on the outside.

To me I dunno how successful they'd be with just making Frank show up in the rest of the series. It's a reason why it worked with DD.

No need to see the same story over and over, especially with JJ and IF. Cage would just knock his *** out if he even cared if Frank was killing criminals.

i mean its kinda hard to doubt Marvel's decisions at this point, especially on the Marvel Netflix front. DD s1&2, JJ were all some of Marvel's best work. I trust them with any move they wanna make.

That being said, I agree that a Punisher Netflix movie could be better than a 13 episode series.

To me I dunno how successful they'd be with just making Frank show up in the rest of the series. It's a reason why it worked with DD.

No need to see the same story over and over, especially with JJ and IF. Cage would just knock his *** out if he even cared if Frank was killing criminals.

Pretty much. They did a great job inserting Punisher into DD S2 and now his character is established in that universe and we understand why he is the way he is and why he does what he does.

How much different would his cameo be in the other series? It would be retreading and The Punisher is a strong enough character to have his own stories, and he's got some good ones.

I feel like TV shows in general have too many episodes. Especially dramas. Some shows are really bad with pointless filler that doesn't progress the story.

I understand more episodes means more commercials and more ad revenue, but I don't know what Netflix's excuse is.

I think the # of eps is up to the creator/show runner/executive producer. Netflix just okays it with the budget.

The creator knows how much story they have for a season and how that'll translate to an amount of eps.

I think the # of eps is up to the creator/show runner/executive producer. Netflix just okays it with the budget.

The creator knows how much story they have for a season and how that'll translate to an amount of eps.

dont think so. seems like all their series seems locked into 13 episodes.

i mean netflix seems incentivized to produce as many as possible.

13 is an unlucky number. Wonder how they settled on that and not 12 or 14.

first half of networ, seasons are 13 seasons i think. then they take a break and give you 9. that makes 22.

so i think they are just following timline established by tv.

and im sure they have some in house analytics saying 13 is what users want. but no way its a random numbrr.

Last edited:

dont think so. seems like all their series seems locked into 13 episodes.

i mean netflix seems incentivized to produce as many as possible.
Hemlock Grove started with 13 eps then went down to 10. Marco Polo was 10 eps. Sense8 was 12 eps. Narcos was 10 eps. Lillyhammer had 8 ep seasons. Between and Wet, Hot American Summer had 8 ep seasons. There's a few more.

I think the 10-15 ep model for a season just works best for most creators/writers doing this kind of original series. You can get your strongest effort of story telling with that amount of eps it seems. Pretty much the same with cable; FX, Showtime, AMC, HBO, etc. dramas are all in that ep range and some of those series also include commercials so you're not even getting a full hr of story.

Not to say they don't push for more eps some times but I think this leans more on the creator/exec producer who knows the full scope of the show and what it entails.

If producing as many as eps as possible was the case why not 20-25 like network tv?

Last edited:
Hemlock Grove started with 13 eps then went down to 10. Marco Polo was 10 eps. Sense8 was 12 eps. Narcos was 10 eps. Lillyhammer had 8 ep seasons. Between and Wet, Hot American Summer had 8 ep seasons. There's a few more.

I think the 10-15 ep model for a season just works best for most creators/writers doing this kind of original series. You can get your strongest effort of story telling with that amount of eps it seems. Pretty much the same with cable; FX, Showtime, AMC, HBO, etc. dramas are all in that ep range and some of those series also include commercials so you're not even getting a full hr of story.

Not to say they don't push for more eps some times but I think this leans more on the creator/exec producer who knows the full scope of the show and what it entails.

If producing as many as eps as possible was the case why not 20-25 like network tv?

because netflix is producing premium cable dramas , witn higher budgets and more serialized story telling.

tough to make 22 episoedes without some procedural element.

because netflix is producing premium cable dramas , witn higher budgets and more serialized story telling.

tough to make 22 episoedes without some procedural element.
To me the easy fix is to simply pen 2 seasons and put it in to one. I'm expecting a creator of a drama on a network to figure this out eventually instead of filler eps.

Pen a full complete 10 ep season then pen a 12 ep one. Make the 10th and 11th ep flow seamlessly not to make it appear as 2 seasons in one. The creator or writing team just need a longer lead time but I dunno about any other possible obstacles to that approach.

I do know Vikings appears to be doing that with their 20 ep season with a midseason break.

Walking Dead is like 80% filler. The show has become all about the premiers and finales. And sometimes the mid-season premiers.

Back
Top Bottom