Marvel Video Games Thread :: Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Out Now!

Did anyone preorder the PlayStation Portal from
The PlayStation store? I preordered mines back in September and I keep checking g the order status, but it still says “preparing to ship”, but it’s suppose to come tomorrow. Is this a common thing from pre ordering from the PS store site? Just wondering
I just got my tracking info.

I found them much more enjoyable than the first game.

Definitely improved, but they break the immersion for me. I don’t play a Spider-Man game to be MJ. Now if they had you control someone else like the Black Cat I would’ve liked that more

the MJ Rambo mission before you going to subway was top tier

The Hailey* mission was a fun switch up too

The bike riding is the worst thing in the game. I can deal with the other non-spidey missions even though I don’t like them.

The last MJ mission wasnt that bad. I was actually kinda upset that her other missions werent like that. I would rather have been running and gunning than to be stealthy.

2025 :smh:

Im ready now. Playing through SM2, it ain’t a big game at all. I think I prefer the first one.
I have a feeling they'll be adding much more if they decide to release a big update and DLCs.

Some things with the game, I felt I could do without. Hailey's mission. Danika's podcast report (brought nothing to the storyline, other than recap events)

Haileys mission was absolute trash :lol:
Even Miles’ mission were kind of a dread. Peters nature ones were a dread.

I feel like the first one had the more way better. Like the backpacks giving memories or more character bios. The gadget wheel was missed for me.

Also was hoping Miles and Peters moves set would be a lil more different. Felt the same fact same considering Pete’s had skin for a decade.

Some parts in the game where it made me feel like a younger Spider-Man game would be dope

Finally caved and bought SM2 over the weekend. I figured I would wait until a remastered version is released with all the DLC already included but that didn't happen.

Is it me or is this game really glitchy/buggy? I get flashing menus/and windows all pretty consistently and in one of the cutscenes Harry was straight floating like 6 inches off the ground for a few seconds. Enemies are getting stuck in the environment every other fight. I'm using the web wings but the air tunnels aren't appearing. Maybe I just need to check for updates. I feel like if I had just waited then it would've all been patched.

Also, doesn anyone know if the suits included with the deluxe edition can be unlocked later in the game?

Finished the game and I loved it. Lot of fun boss fights, story moments etc etc.

The diversity push this game goes for is a little too blunt at times, but overall welcomed.

Please do me a favor video game devs, if you’re gonna have us control different characters, don’t make them ones that don’t have any powers…… The first couple MJ missions are brutal, loved the last one.

Norman Osborn being the last villain of this trilogy is fitting and awesome. They left a little too much open ended for my liking, but I can’t wait for the next game. Hopefully it’s not 5 years in development like SM2 was.

Letting us be Venom was pure fan service and I loved it. Easily my favorite part of the game

5 years would be wild. Crazy that it was five years from the first one. That’s a long wait :lol:

I think 3 years is a good time.

The Arkham games were like 3 years.

re: snap

games been ruined and just not fun anymore

cant even make infinite because its trash deck or discard, trash or discard

so you pretty much have to play those two deck or keep losing or retreating

silver conquest is still varied but gold and infinite conquest is pretty much all trash or discard too

so whats the point?

annihilus is too op too, shouldnt be 5/7 where gladiator cant even destroy it, like gladiator kind of a waste because their abilities activate first anyways

games trash now and cant imagine being fun unless you just want to be a sheep because ben brode prioritizes being “cool” and chillin with content creators and doing dumb bs than actually balancing the game

re: snap

games been ruined and just not fun anymore

cant even make infinite because its trash deck or discard, trash or discard

so you pretty much have to play those two deck or keep losing or retreating

silver conquest is still varied but gold and infinite conquest is pretty much all trash or discard too

so whats the point?

annihilus is too op too, shouldnt be 5/7 where gladiator cant even destroy it, like gladiator kind of a waste because their abilities activate first anyways

games trash now and cant imagine being fun unless you just want to be a sheep because ben brode prioritizes being “cool” and chillin with content creators and doing dumb bs than actually balancing the game
Alioth got nerfed finally

Finally caved and bought SM2 over the weekend. I figured I would wait until a remastered version is released with all the DLC already included but that didn't happen.

Is it me or is this game really glitchy/buggy? I get flashing menus/and windows all pretty consistently and in one of the cutscenes Harry was straight floating like 6 inches off the ground for a few seconds. Enemies are getting stuck in the environment every other fight. I'm using the web wings but the air tunnels aren't appearing. Maybe I just need to check for updates. I feel like if I had just waited then it would've all been patched.

Also, doesn anyone know if the suits included with the deluxe edition can be unlocked later in the game?
Okay, so turns out it hadn't finished updating by the time I started playing that day. A lot of those bugs got worked out the following day. As I played through, I started liking the game more and more. I missed all the web gadgets at first but got used to the new combat system relatively quickly.

All in all I ended up loving the game. It had the best of SM1 and MM and I just had a blast playing through it. I can't wait to keep this going with NG+ or DLC or whatever., I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom