Maryland Becomes the 17th State to Decriminalize Marijuana

bet now i'll finally be able to sleep...

srs though

*edit* maaaaan I thought this was some legalization through card or something. guess that's what I get for not reading articles lol

Last edited:
I want to know how any state without a surplus can look at the potential tax revenue and go "nah, we're good." I never thought I'd beg to be taxed.

I always wondered when legalization is more widespread what legal leg most employers will have to stand on to prevent their employees from making legal personal choices without inspiring lawsuits.

Employment is voluntary. Don't like company policy don't work for the company.

Now, if its for a medical reason, legit recommended by company approved doctors then you'll have a claim.

Last edited:
NY will have it up for vote very soon. Strongly think this will be a major talking point during the 2016 presidential elections.

Quote:
Employment is voluntary. Don't like company policy don't work for the company.

Now, if its for a medical reason, legit recommended by company approved doctors then you'll have a claim.
I totally get that, but let's say I'm in a legal state without the "at-will" clause, where I'll essentially have to be fired for cause for it to be legal. If I'm tested and fired as a direct result of my personal choices, what separates that from any other discrimination case? I've seen more done with less.

It'll be a violation of company policy. Companies have many policies that are more oppressive than the laws (eg wo dress code). F you sign a contract stating as a condition of your employment you can't smoke pot, then u can't smoke pot. Now, medical condition is different. I don't know to much about employment law, but I know contract and constitutional law... And I can tell you employers =\= gov. Agent so they don't have the same
never seen one that says you cant use pot directly. Most of time it is illegal drugs

If pot is illegal you should be good but then again. Legal pot is no different then legal Oxy or Perps. They wont fire you over oxy if you have a prescription so why fire over legalpot with a prescription but they still do

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2014199514_apusmedicalmarijuanawalmart.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35913492/...wal-mart-worker-fired-over-medical-marijuana/

Last edited:
I've already stated that medical pot would be a different story. They will fire you if you drop and have oxy in your system w/I prescription . Also, pot is still illegal federally, so even w/prescription if your employer crosses state lines than they'll have cause for termination.

Idiots will ruin it for everyone. I'll never understand the jackasses that choose to smoke at shows or in clubs. Act like you been there before.

Idiots will ruin it for everyone. I'll never understand the jackasses that choose to smoke at shows or in clubs. Act like you been there before.

Shows as in concerts? Really? I've never met anyone against smoking at a concert. Music and weed go hand and hand.

Last edited:
I think its important for any parents to know how i feel about talking about drugs with ur children etc. Is that to wait until ur 22. Ur whole life is ahead of u.

I know now tge best way isto chief, go b creative then give it a few days weeks months. It feels good. The breaks. Be productive. Etc

Anything is better than that K2 garbage they were legalizing a cpl yrs ago.

So...if ur on papers does this mean u dont have to get piss tested every other week?

Back
Top Bottom