McDonald's drops Egg Supplier over Animal Cruelty video

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
at comparing killing animals for food to slavery, what a terrible straw argument.
El Technico,

Why do you feel humans are more important than animals?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

As a black man I'm offended you would compare the struggle of my people to that of a sandwich ingredient
30t6p3b.gif
Oh, so humans are more important than animals. Got it. 

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
at comparing killing animals for food to slavery, what a terrible straw argument.
O rly? Says who? I'm curious what objective moral authority stated that it's acceptable to treat animals terribly and that humans are more important than animals. Do tell.

Food chain, plus the fact we are smarter than them. I doubt you believe in the J man, but in the Bible they would sacrifice sheep in lieu of people (the whole Abraham kill your son as a sacrifice to me, no wait wait, I was just joking to see if you would do it, that sheep would be fine). I don't know what verse but google it, it's in there.

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
O rly? Says who? I'm curious what objective moral authority stated that it's acceptable to treat animals terribly and that humans are more important than animals. Do tell.

Food chain, plus the fact we are smarter than them. I doubt you believe in the J man, but in the Bible they would sacrifice sheep in lieu of people (the whole Abraham kill your son as a sacrifice to me, no wait wait, I was just joking to see if you would do it, that sheep would be fine). I don't know what verse but google it, it's in there.
The food chain doesn't really establish how important one animal is relative to another. The Bible also provides guidelines for how to treat slaves, so I'm not really inclined to accept that as an objective moral code. I'm sure we can all agree that slavery, in any instance, is wrong. So, since none of the points you made were valid, your original claim is invalid. 

So because one living being is able to physically destroy another human means that the destroyed individual is less important to the circle of life than the destroyer? I understand the food chain, but the food chain doesn't deal with importance. It only deals with physical domination. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, so humans are more important than animals. Got it. 

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
Humans are more important than animals period. If animals want a better standard of living let them do what humans did and evolve and move to the top of the food chain until then I refuse to lose any sleep over how a chicken is treated

There is a right and wrong way to raise farm animals. The video in the OP clearly shows the wrong way.

The truth is that we as humans (the smartest and most capable living organisms on this planet) have every ability and capacity to raise the farm animals CORRECTLY, treating the animals fairly and ensuring their short time on earth was not painful. But why should we care? Because any decent human being will care about the welfare of other living things, regardless of "their importance on the food chain".

/thread

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif

Bro those animals were eaten too..its not like they died for no reason

Originally Posted by Ducky Quack

The truth is that we as humans (the smartest and most capable living organisms on this planet)
Smartest based on what though? You all keep saying we are the smartest? What are the guidelines?

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
Humans are more important than animals period. If animals want a better standard of living let them do what humans did and evolve and move to the top of the food chain until then I refuse to lose any sleep over how a chicken is treated
You're failing to provide any evidence to support your claim. Should I not think twice about the poor? I mean, hey, if they want a better standard of living, they should just do what rich people did and get rich. Ya?

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif
bro, your statements are just plain stupid/ ignorant. You're acting as if animals had the choice to evolve into a smarter species. And you're saying that humans>*.... and that's coming from a human. Look at the world today, half the problems are caused by humans believing they have to right to do whatever they please.

you're plain stupid... you lack any education whatsoever. You believe there is only your perspective and it is always right

There is a right and wrong way to raise farm animals. The video in the OP clearly shows the wrong way.

The truth is that we as humans (the smartest and most capable living organisms on this planet) have every ability and capacity to raise the farm animals CORRECTLY, treating the animals fairly and ensuring their short time on earth was not painful. But why should we care? Because any decent human being will care about the welfare of other living things, regardless of "their importance on the food chain".

/thread
roll.gif
Like anybody who believes this would eat at Mcdonalds

Why do you think the food is so cheap

Originally Posted by capuT

bro, your statements are just plain stupid/ ignorant. You're acting as if animals had the choice to evolve into a smarter species. And you're saying that humans>*.... and that's coming from a human. Look at the world today, half the problems are caused by humans believing they have to right to do whatever they please.

you're plain stupid... you lack any education whatsoever. You believe there is only your perspective and it is always right

Your right, you got me, Humans and Animals are equal
eyes.gif
that's why it's OK to eat them, wear their skins, use them for entertainment ect ect ect

Peta got yall brainwashed

eyes.gif
that's why it's OK to eat them, wear their skins, use them for entertainment ect ect ect

It boils down to a difference in opinion when it comes to morality. I suppose neither one of you are right.

eyes.gif

I don't think anyone said they are equal. The claim in question was that humans are more important than animals. Also, the point you're trying to make in this post is not necessarily true.

Yes, very much so.
laugh.gif

So let's have animals run the world then. Oh wait, we can't communicate with them. They can't use the internet because of lack of thumbs and even assuming we use primates who are closest to humans, they'll just piss on everything and throw feces and drink their own pee when they're supposed to be giving speeches.

eyes.gif

Again, physical dominance over another creature does not equal more important. That is the point that is trying to be made. Yes we wear them, eat them, and have them as pets. Only because we CAN do it. That does not mean we are smarter (subjective, based on what again? A test created by humans? Right) nor does it mean we are more important to the well being of the circle of life.

/thread
roll.gif
Like anybody who believes this would eat at Mcdonalds

Why do you think the food is so cheap

So based on your reasoning, since McDonald's fast food is so cheap, they shouldn't care where they are sourcing their food/products that they are selling to their customers? They should condone animal cruelty in their products? Why else you think they are ending relations with these suppliers once this investigation came out? I don't know how their current business relations are, but there could be new farms/companies now BIDDING for McDonald's business that can ensure their compliance with FDA, etc., and guess what? McDonald's prices will stay the same.

So let's have animals run the world then. Oh wait, we can't communicate with them. They can't use the internet because of lack of thumbs and even assuming we use primates who are closest to humans, they'll just piss on everything and throw feces and drink their own pee when they're supposed to be giving speeches.
Science,

You are still basing intelligence on things that humans do. A system in which humans are a part of. What if a squirrel were to tell you that you are inferior to him because you have to spend $ to go out and get food so that you are able to save up for the winter. What if an ant calls you uncivilized because you are unable to live in peace and work as a unit with your fellow humans for the sake of all mankind? What if a lion tells you that you don't have compasion for your brother because humans aren't able to display the teamwork that lions display day in and day out?

Just because they can't use a computer doesn't mean they aren't as intelligent as we are. We do different things than they do. We are basing intelligence off of a human created system.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

eyes.gif

Again, physical dominance over another creature does not equal more important. That is the point that is trying to be made. Yes we wear them, eat them, and have them as pets. Only because we CAN do it. That does not mean we are smarter (subjective, based on what again? A test created by humans? Right) nor does it mean we are more important to the well being of the circle of life.
If you don't think your smarter then an animal then
roll.gif

"A test created by humans?"
roll.gif
you can not be serious let a chicken make the test up, the day a chicken can beat me in a test is the day i go vegan
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Like somone said above, physical dominance doesn't mean the importance of one species.
and to the other person talking about having dogs run the world... that's the best argument you can come up with? 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Science,

You are still basing intelligence on things that humans do. A system in which humans are a part of. What if a squirrel were to tell you that you are inferior to him because you have to spend $ to go out and get food so that you are able to save up for the winter. What if an ant calls you uncivilized because you are unable to live in peace and work as a unit with your fellow humans for the sake of all mankind? What if a lion tells you that you don't have compasion for your brother because humans aren't able to display the teamwork that lions display day in and day out?

Just because they can't use a computer doesn't mean they aren't as intelligent as we are. We do different things than they do. We are basing intelligence off of a human created system.

Valid point. I see where you are coming from. But I think we are basing this intelligence off of capabilities. We have every capability to eat, defecate, sleep, all basic animal functions. Yet we extend our reach as a species beyond it and accomplish more than basic necessities for life. We can build things to enrich our lives (technologies, emphasis on plural). I don't know, I'm not necessarily agreeing with this argument because I know that some animals are very intelligent, but I think that is how that argument would go.

The food chain argument to me, is a bad one. It is sort of like saying, since the Tiger is an apex predator (top of the food chain), it is more important than the animals it eats (deer, moose, etc.).

If you don't think your smarter then an animal then
roll.gif

"A test created by humans?"
roll.gif
you can not be serious let a chicken make the test up, the day a chicken can beat me in a test is the day i go vegan
laugh.gif
I think I can do things that humans deem intelligent at a higher rate than a chicken, so if that makes me "smarter" than a chicken ok. But we shouldn't even be judged on the same scale is my point. We are different creatures. We serve different purposes on this planet. Why even compare the intelligence levels? I compare it to NikeTalk's obsession with, "Which Sport has the best athletes" threads that pop up every so often. What are we basing athleticism on? Jumping height? Speed? Strength? Hand-Eye Coordination? Different types of athletes are out there, the same way different types of mental capacities are out there across all living creatures.

Back
Top Bottom