Mel Kiper's 2008 NFL Mock Draft vol. no mcshay riders

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by The Wizard

CP1708 wrote:
No way only one QB goes in the first round. Teams always lookin for young one's and if Cutler can go at 11, then Woodson or Brohm can at least make it in the 20's. He just throwin out some early names and surprises.

what does Cutler going 11 have anything to do with this draft?

If Brohm doesn't perform well at the Combine, he's gonna slip to round 2. Dre on the other hand, as soon as these stupid wannabe scouts stop talking about his lack of mobility because hes black, he'll be fine.

The precedence of QB's taken in the first round. Cutler going that high seemingly outta nowhere has plenty of meaning considering an expert just listed one and only one QB going in the first round when history tells us that we rarely if ever see only one QB taken in the first round. I use Cutler because he was just another avergae guy coming into the league after quote unquote superstars like Leinart and Young. Woodson and or Brohm may not be superstars but they can certainly compete with Jay Cutler as a QB.

Do you remember that draft? Every publication had Cutler going in round 1 and many people including Jaws suggested he was the best QB in the class. Idon't know about average either, he was the SEC Player of the Year that year.

Cutler an "avg guy behind Leinart and young"?
Yikes ....
smh.gif

CP1708 wrote:
No way only one QB goes in the first round. Teams always lookin for young one's and if Cutler can go at 11, then Woodson or Brohm can at least make it in the 20's. He just throwin out some early names and surprises.

If Brohm doesn't perform well at the Combine, he's gonna slip to round 2. Dre on the other hand, as soon as these stupid wannabe scouts stop talking about his lack of mobility because hes black, he'll be fine.

The precedence of QB's taken in the first round. Cutler going that high seemingly outta nowhere has plenty of meaning considering an expert just listed one and only one QB going in the first round when history tells us that we rarely if ever see only one QB taken in the first round. I use Cutler because he was just another avergae guy coming into the league after quote unquote superstars like Leinart and Young. Woodson and or Brohm may not be superstars but they can certainly compete with Jay Cutler as a QB.

Do you remember that draft? Every publication had Cutler going in round 1 and many people including Jaws suggested he was the best QB in the class. I don't know about average either, he was the SEC Player of the Year that year.

SEC player of the year? Terrific. He's destined for great things in the NFL then. I'm not concerned with what he is, was, or will be. My point, andonly my point is that there will be more than 1 QB taken in the first round. There always is. Cutler may have ended up with solid plusses for the draft, butI don't remember him being a first round projection all year long. He worked his way up and got in, good for him.

Bottom line is people don't know s@#& about who will or won't be a good QB. All those people who loved Akili Smith, or Joey Harrington, or CadeMcNown, Tim Couch, whoever, and then passed on Brady, Anderson, Favre, Hasselback, etc etc. You never know when a QB will make it or won't make it. Sowe'll see how the projections work themselves out, but I know there'll be more than one go in round one. There ain't that many good QB's inthe league for teams to not go lookin for young kids comin in.

Cason isn't on people's first round mocks because of speed concerns.
He is skipping the Senior Bowl to focus on working out.

CP1708 wrote:

Do you remember that draft? Every publication had Cutler going in round 1 and many people including Jaws suggested he was the best QB in the class. I don't know about average either, he was the SEC Player of the Year that year.

SEC player of the year? Terrific. He's destined for great things in the NFL then. I'm not concerned with what he is, was, or will be. My point, and only my point is that there will be more than 1 QB taken in the first round. There always is. Cutler may have ended up with solid plusses for the draft, but I don't remember him being a first round projection all year long. He worked his way up and got in, good for him.

Bottom line is people don't know s@#& about who will or won't be a good QB. All those people who loved Akili Smith, or Joey Harrington, or Cade McNown, Tim Couch, whoever, and then passed on Brady, Anderson, Favre, Hasselback, etc etc. You never know when a QB will make it or won't make it. So we'll see how the projections work themselves out, but I know there'll be more than one go in round one. There ain't that many good QB's in the league for teams to not go lookin for young kids comin in.

Nah now you're changing your tone. You don't remember Cutler because you knew nothing about him. Yeah he never played for a team that went to abowl game or even a winning season. Yeah I understand that joint being a crapshoot and such and such but you went and made a comment and now you'rebacktracking. That's how scouting works buddy. Before the season, he was projected as a late day one pick.
Funny how you said he's average behind Young and Leinart, when it was Young whose stock skyrocketed once people saw him put that Superman cape onand upset USC in the Rose Bowl. Oh well, yes there will be more than one QB picked in the 1st round, but it won't be because some "average"player like Cutler rises in the stock

Tampa getting Felix would be huge. I read a different mock draft with the Buc's taking Cason. Either way we don't lose those two positions needed to befilled. I'd rather have the offensive side of the ball filled with Jones but if Stewart is still around I'd take him before Jones. Tampa needs a rungame. Graham was good this year but I wouldnt bet the farm on him.

Tampa getting Felix would be huge. I read a different mock draft with the Buc's taking Cason. Either way we don't lose those two positions needed to be filled. I'd rather have the offensive side of the ball filled with Jones but if Stewart is still around I'd take him before Jones. Tampa needs a run game. Graham was good this year but I wouldnt bet the farm on him.
I cant see the Bucs taking Jones unless Gruden forms a man crush on him or Caddy retires.

As good as Felix is he aint no franchise building running back and its not like the Bucs are stacked they got alot of old geezers they need to replace. Youcould take a impact player at a more scarce position at that spot and still get a good running back later.

Cutler may have ended up with solid plusses for the draft, but I don't remember him being a first round projection all year long. He worked his way up and got in, good for him.

ok, maybe You dont remember (emphasis on You) , But Jay Cutler had been on 1st round radar since his Jr yr. His entire SR yr, he was at the top of MelKiper's sr qb prospects. also on nfldraftcountdown as well.

Tampa doesnt need much. I'd rather see the Bucs draft a WR and get younger at the skill positions.

I have yet to hear updatres on cadillac's knee. That really didnt look good.
can they afford to pay caddys salary, and pay earnest graham?
Alstot is done and Pittman is on his last legs. maybe RB is a good spot

Honestly, I really don't believe in taking running backs early on unless their can't misses. I don't even consider McFadden a can't missbecause I don't think he knows how to run between the tackles. Running Backs are a dime a dozen word to Ryan Grant. You can always find a good running backin a late round. A lot of can't miss running back miss, for instance Ron Dayne, Reggie Bush, Ced Benson. They dont have long careers and are not reliable.In the Case of Tampa I think going on the defense of side of the ball is always the smartest option except for o-line help.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Cutler may have ended up with solid plusses for the draft, but I don't remember him being a first round projection all year long. He worked his way up and got in, good for him.

ok, maybe You dont remember (emphasis on You) , But Jay Cutler had been on 1st round radar since his Jr yr. His entire SR yr, he was at the top of Mel Kiper's sr qb prospects. also on nfldraftcountdown as well.

Yup, IMO he was the #1 QB in that draft.
Man, if he went to a school like USC, he would have been the #1 pick no questions asked.

The Wizard wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

Brohm and Woodson's combines will probably be nothing to write home about.

and Dre is just as much white as he is black.

that coner from Troy i mentioned might be a "beast" but he cant catch anything he breaks on. So you guys must have temporary memory loss. the lastfew years USC has been on the BLACKLIST. meaning that USC players are tagged as not working hard enough(thanks mike) anyways i dont see being from USC helpingany QB or Other player anytime soon. So some of you guys should choose another school when you say "If he had been from....."

that coner from Troy i mentioned might be a "beast" but he cant catch anything he breaks on.
That may not be his strongest attribute he doesnt have a ton of picks in his career. But he is a corner that can play man and zone which alot ofcorners really play one way better than the other. And he is pretty fast.

So you guys must have temporary memory loss. the last few years USC has been on the BLACKLIST. meaning that USC players are tagged as not working hard enough(thanks mike) anyways i dont see being from USC helping any QB or Other player anytime soon. So some of you guys should choose another school when you say "If he had been from....."
The reason people were saying if he had been from USC is because Matt Leinart was in the same draft. They were saying if he had Matt Leinart'steam at that time and exposure at that time he would have been the first QB off the board. It has nothing to do with the blacklist you are talking about man.

Back
Top Bottom